Solution to loneliness?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

OK, gotta speak out on this! How many people are on this planet now? There's enough of us to each have a friend or two, right? So why oh why do we feel we have to fill loneliness with AI when we have enough people to cure this problem? Because, IMO, too many people don't want to be bothered with caring for someone else. This very "me" world sees life from a very self centered basis. AI cannot replace empathy, love, and human touch....all vital to well being. We are looking to solve a problem we can solve with humans, if enough of us give a damn.

417367901_315299558168803_614871780907777530_n.jpg

Because, IMO, too many people don't want to be bothered with caring for someone else. This very "me" world sees life from a very self centered basis.
spot on.... everything is me, me, me, .... but this is the generation that was raised on "you have to have college, you have to have a top line job, you have to have this or that to succeed"..... that along with no shaming, no bullying, the youth has been turned into emotionless robots that cant deal with peer pressure or not having their way. cant handle being offended or disagreed with, without whining and crying to their elders or those in control......never developed a "thick skin" so to speak..... so they would rather have their world online, or fake companionship instead of facing the harsh realities of the real world....... the world is hard, it sucks at times, not everyone is gonna be nice or like you, and you arent going to like everyone you meet. there are still those who know this and live in reality, but the divide is growing between the "classes"... im afraid we are just seeing the beginnings of what the past 15-20 years of teaching and "de-programming" is bringing...........................what we teach the youth today determines our future tomorrow. if they cant make it, neither will we........

spot on.... everything is me, me, me, .... but this is the generation that was raised on "you have to have college, you have to have a top line job, you have to have this or that to succeed"..... that along with no shaming, no bullying, the youth has been turned into emotionless robots that cant deal with peer pressure or not having their way. cant handle being offended or disagreed with, without whining and crying to their elders or those in control......never developed a "thick skin" so to speak..... so they would rather have their world online, or fake companionship instead of facing the harsh realities of the real world....... the world is hard, it sucks at times, not everyone is gonna be nice or like you, and you arent going to like everyone you meet. there are still those who know this and live in reality, but the divide is growing between the "classes"... im afraid we are just seeing the beginnings of what the past 15-20 years of teaching and "de-programming" is bringing...........................what we teach the youth today determines our future tomorrow. if they cant make it, neither will we........
The last book my father reread before he passed was Logan's Run. When he was done, he handed me the book and said, "Debi, this is coming within your lifetime."
He pretty much nailed it.

We have been watching the world unravel for so long, people became numb to it. I was in line at a store other day and there was a lone Philly pretzel on counter. I asked the girl in front me if it was hers and her first reaction seemed to be annoyance. So i changed it up with "Ah, just making sure. Can't leave the pretzel behind. No way lol." She then laughed and her whole demeanor changed. People are lacking laughter and general interaction with others. Can't even have comedy without weighing it down with PC mumbo jumbo. Paul mentioned 'thick skinned' above. I believe that term is now 'rigid skinned' as people are always on the defensive. I try to go everywhere with a smile and continue to hold doors for people etc. It sometimes annoys people as they have to fight out a simple thank you or hello. Very sad indeed. I agree with Debi as there are more than enough people in the world to have a real friend and not an AI. Too rigid skinned to deal with normal everyday stuff and emotions really hampers taking in what life is supposed to be. The express route away from life just means quicker death of life. Hell. That's no fun to me.

I remember when I belonged to an online support group for adults with autism. So many young men there lamented their loneliness, but when encouraged to get out and interact, they would refuse. While it is hard for some autistic people to socialize, it is the only realistic way to meet people. Some of these young men were taken in with Nigerian scams, where a beautiful young princess needed funds. They fell for it over and over again. Sad.