Solution to loneliness?

We had our cat put down last month, sadly. She had developed diabetes and went down quickly. In the end, she couldn’t even move. Physical therapy was an option for her, but we just felt it wasn’t fair to not only her, but to us. But she did offer me comfort whenever I was down. I miss her like crazy, but it’s like there’s some sort of comfort they can provide that people just can’t. That’s been my experience.
I think letting them go from their pain is the ultimate sign of caring and love we can give our little mates, the nicest but most difficult. Scientists are just starting to realize how intelligent and aware animals are but us paranormal people always have known it and felt it :).

loneliness, heartache, lost love, unrequited love......probably the most written songs of all genres.......most of us have probably experienced all of these. yet we move on to the next stage of life, we try again and again until we "fit" somewhere.... some though will cast in the towel. not able to "get back on the horse" if you will... but at least they lived for a moment. what saddens me is seeing those who never try, who are to afraid to take a chance. who see every move as a risk not worth taking....they will never know what its like to chase their muse, to feel life, the good and the bad, the highs and the lows....they are to afraid of the tears that dot the pathway to happiness.........if only they knew those very tears they fear at the time, also can leave wonderful memories to carry with them for a lifetime...........
Well said, I totally agree.

Buy a dog, cat or other companion animal. The only problem is the more time you spend with them, the less you tolerate humans around you, it's like that for me anyway.
It is true, the love of an animal is so unconditional, something we cannot find in people often. Maybe our moms.

I think letting them go from their pain is the ultimate sign of caring and love we can give our little mates, the nicest but most difficult. Scientists are just starting to realize how intelligent and aware animals are but us paranormal people always have known it and felt it :).
She’s still here. I’ve heard the jingle of her bells at least once since she died. But putting her down and taking my dad off of life support were two of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do.

She’s still here. I’ve heard the jingle of her bells at least once since she died. But putting her down and taking my dad off of life support were two of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do.
They never truly leave us. We may not get to see them often or by command, but when we truly need them, i believe they will be by our side. It took many years and a truly scary incident for my grand pop to pay a visit to me. It was enough to give me what i needed to move beyond what happened and put it into perspective.

They never truly leave us. We may not get to see them often or by command, but when we truly need them, i believe they will be by our side. It took many years and a truly scary incident for my grand pop to pay a visit to me. It was enough to give me what i needed to move beyond what happened and put it into perspective.
I have yet to experience any visitations. I’m more than capable of standing on my own feet, but I wish I had my parents still. I’m 42 and still feel I need their guidance. Stuff happens, I get it. But I’m sick of losing everyone I hold dear.

I have yet to experience any visitations. I’m more than capable of standing on my own feet, but I wish I had my parents still. I’m 42 and still feel I need their guidance. Stuff happens, I get it. But I’m sick of losing everyone I hold dear.
It is a terrible condition of life, loosing people. God help us all get through it until it is our time to go. Most of us in the older group here share your pain of loss, it doesn't help much but we understand and there is some comfort in knowing you are not alone.

I completely understand. I also lost too many close to me, some in fairly short order. After my dad passed i was about to throw the towel in and have a serious talk with the 'man upstairs'. Enough already. I barely got over losing one of my best friends then you take my dad too? It truly sucks. I miss his firm guidance. He never sugar-coated anything but that was my dad. I miss joking, laughing and fishing with my friend. Eventually things become easier and trying not sound like a broken record, you (and i) will find the peace needed. Not just saying it, i believe it.

Dad died 17 years ago yesterday. Things, the house, family, has never been the same since...
Same with the death of my Mom in 1992. I will never forget the feeling of aloneness and despair I felt going into the empty family home less than an hour after her death to retrieve some paperwork needed by hospice. I lost it when I spotted the only hairbrush she'd ever used since I could remember.