Your most vivid dream: THE DREAM THREAD

I shared this dream before, but it was about my mother, a year or two after she passed. I had not been able to be at her deathbed, but my three younger siblings were. So I felt badly about not getting a chance to say good-bye.

In the dream I was entering a cathedral. My mother was a devout Catholic in life and it didn't surprise me that the dream should take place there. I walked down the aisle and saw my mother sitting in one of the pews. Overjoyed, I came to sit next to her and she turned to me and smiled. There was such a look of joy in her eyes, and she looked about thirty years old. She held me tightly but did not speak, and I felt such love from her. In life we had often been at odds, and like most children I had often doubted her love. But at that moment I felt healed of all the anger, animosity and resentments. I woke nearly weeping with joy, and have been at peace with her passing every since.
This is just beautiful

I was having a rough time and just before falling asleep I prayed for spiritual healing. In a dream, I started hearing the absolutely beautiful organ music playing. It wasn't coming from anywhere in particular and when I woke, I felt oddly comforted and peaceful.

Well, here's a new one. My Peoria son asked me to post this to see if anyone else has had this. He was dreaming and in the dream he felt if he woke up from it he would poof out of existence. He was terrified within the dream, knowing he was dreaming and fighting not to wake up.

Anybody have this one before? He would appreciate your analysis and interpretations.

Well, here's a new one. My Peoria son asked me to post this to see if anyone else has had this. He was dreaming and in the dream he felt if he woke up from it he would poof out of existence. He was terrified within the dream, knowing he was dreaming and fighting not to wake up.

Anybody have this one before? He would appreciate your analysis and interpretations.
Yes, no analysis, no interpretations.........:(

Reactions: Selectric and Debi

My take on this (and I'm not 100 % positive) is that your son was experiencing a lucid dream. If he didn't have one before, it may have seemed terrifying, hovering on the brink of sleep and awareness. I have experienced something similar.

Maybe it wasn't a dream, and he was in the heavenly realms, spiritually knowing that is where real eternal life exists. Maybe he was enjoying a good sleep and didn't want to wake up and his subconscious mind interpreted it that way, giving him permission to stay in a nice warm bed.

My take on this (and I'm not 100 % positive) is that your son was experiencing a lucid dream. If he didn't have one before, it may have seemed terrifying, hovering on the brink of sleep and awareness. I have experienced something similar.
I like this interpretation, Garnet. I have not experienced lucid dreaming.

I have not experienced that. I have had what i called 'double dreams' where i have woken up and started my day only to realize i was not awake yet, usually something bad happens that jars me awake for real.

In my childhood, I had a dream about the devil walking down the sidewalk. This was the stereotypical cloven hoofed devil with red skin and goat legs. With every step, he left a small flame on the sidewalk where his hoof had been. The creepiest part is that he was walking in front of my grandmother's house.