Your go to comfort food?

Tony, I am about to make you ill most likely.

Mac and Cheese! THAT is my go to comfort food. (Tony is now gagging at the thought....)
I remember as a kid my nona would only make homemade mac n' cheese for us, she thought boxed pasta was an abomination. It was so delicious that whenever my mom or anyone would make the craft blue box mac n' cheese I would refuse to eat it. I am the only she gave the recipe to when she passed because she knew I wouldn't change anything. I rarely make it because her recipe calls for handmade pasta which is sometimes a hassel to make, and I refuse to tarnish her recipe with boxed pasta. Mostly because I'm afraid she'll comeback and haunt me if I do.

Reactions: Donna K. and TonyM
Mince 'n tatties which is a Scottish staple. Ground beef and mashed potatoes with added carrots or peas and sometimes both. Cottage pie is a variation but not as good in my opinion.
That sounds delicious but you lost me at the peas. I just can't get behind peas.

Just like me with cheese. Peas can be left out of course unlike cheese in mac and cheese :)
Being Italian and hearing that someone doesn't like cheese is so shocking to me. Nearly every Italian dish has cheese in it, even dessert. But I do get not liking cheese though, sometime I even get sick of cheese. Which is probably the most un-Italian thing I have ever said.

Being Italian and hearing that someone doesn't like cheese is so shocking to me. Nearly every Italian dish has cheese in it, even dessert. But I do get not liking cheese though, sometime I even get sick of cheese. Which is probably the most un-Italian thing I have ever said.

Weird I know but there it is. As a kid when my sisters would make a grilled cheese sandwich I would go outside to avoid the smell which would make me sick.

I don't like spiders either :)

Reactions: Donna K.
Weird I know but there it is. As a kid when my sisters would make a grilled cheese sandwich I would go outside to avoid the smell which would make me sick.

I don't like spiders either :)
That is so odd, that's how I am with peas. Growing up my brother LOVED peas so my mom would make them for him and I would run out of the house complaining about the smell. Which everyone would say I was being over dramatic because peas don't smell. But they do and it's rancid to me. I could smell her cooking them when I was clear across the house.
And I don't blame you about the smell of cheese. It is strong and It is pungent, it also lingers. The deli I go to by my house makes all their cheese in house, the smell is STRONG, to say the least. I can't even be in there longer than 20 minutes, and I usually end up smelling of cheese until I get home and shower.
I know it is weird but I love spiders. I can't kill them, I usually just scoot them outside. Unless they are bigger than a grape, then I am sorry and will hold a small funeral after I murder it.

Mince 'n tatties which is a Scottish staple. Ground beef and mashed potatoes with added carrots or peas and sometimes both. Cottage pie is a variation but not as good in my opinion.

I would totally go for that Tony. Love me some smashed tatos. However, from the photo, I bet putting it in a bowl with pasta - minus the potato - would be very edible too.