Your favorite toy

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHAT WERE YOUR FAVORITE TOYS GROWING UP? WITH CHRISTMAS COMING, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU ASK FOR SANTA TO BRING YOU AGAIN?

article-2521407-1A0234A300000578-131_634x608.jpg

before the video game era, I liked toy guns. westerns were my favorite movies, my dad looked like John Wayne so whenever he was telling me what for I acted like we were in a western, he would get annoyed with that I think. when the video game era hit I remember getting an Odyssey 2 while most ppl preferred the Atari I found video games to be like another world and never thought it would get much better than the first final fantasy, we spent days playing the old dungeon and dragon type games, the storylines were like having an adventure if I didn't work i would probably get lost in the new play station games.
But looking back i miss playing with those plastic army men my brother and I would take turns throwing a marble at each other's forces and every tenth turn we used a baseball as, like the big bomb that would usually come in now and then in the movies, we would usually focus that on the Lincoln log forts we had built to shelter the cowering Generals. Who ever's plastic army men was laying face down was considered dead while the others on their back could be re-used as reinforcement troops. The goal was to kill the general or last man standing. I would get into the TYCO race tracks we had but thats a book worth of typing.

That’s a hard one. But I think there is a clear winner - GI Joe!

That guy had everything ... all kinds of cool tools and equipment.

Reactions: Debi
before the video game era, I liked toy guns. westerns were my favorite movies, my dad looked like John Wayne so whenever he was telling me what for I acted like we were in a western, he would get annoyed with that I think. when the video game era hit I remember getting an Odyssey 2 while most ppl preferred the Atari I found video games to be like another world and never thought it would get much better than the first final fantasy, we spent days playing the old dungeon and dragon type games, the storylines were like having an adventure if I didn't work i would probably get lost in the new play station games.
But looking back i miss playing with those plastic army men my brother and I would take turns throwing a marble at each other's forces and every tenth turn we used a baseball as, like the big bomb that would usually come in now and then in the movies, we would usually focus that on the Lincoln log forts we had built to shelter the cowering Generals. Who ever's plastic army men was laying face down was considered dead while the others on their back could be re-used as reinforcement troops. The goal was to kill the general or last man standing. I would get into the TYCO race tracks we had but thats a book worth of typing.
We must be about the same age! Computers and games were like the future come to life for a while. And those little green army men sets! Did you have too many mine-sweepers and guys lying down or was that just me?

I had a ton of Pokémon cards as a kid. But no friends so never really played the game. Just traded.

But I loved nerf guns and RC toys. Scratch that I still love nerf guns. Cant wait til kalebs Old enough to play dart tag

That’s a hard one. But I think there is a clear winner - GI Joe!

That guy had everything ... all kinds of cool tools and equipment.
I had the GI Joe headquarters and the parachute set.:)
A Hot Wheels race track was very memorable to. One Year my brother and I received a Coleco video game. It had Pong , skeet shooting ,and a racing game.:cool: I ended my video game career at the arcades and the pizza place playing Space Invaders and Donkey Kong.
I'd still like to get a pinball machine.