Your favorite toy

The orange track that used to run through my living room? Remember it well...lol

Those Hot Wheels took a beating from you guys. I think I once found my kids playing wrecking yard with a hammer and a bunch of Hot Wheels.

Life requires we hack our junk cars Debi. Your boys were simply following their inclination to “recycle”.

Some of those little junkers are worth a fortune now! lol

Unfortunately, you are very right. Who would have thought that people would pay really greAt money for our old toys.

So real story. In early 90s when my Mom died, I cleared some of my personal possessions from her home. This included throwing away an unopened plastic model I had in a closest. My brother-in-law asked me that same night if I wanted to join him and my nephew on a trip to a toy convention the very next day. We went and I saw a seller with that exact same plastic model - in an opened box which is less desirable than unopened state - for sale for $83.00. I so wanted to dive into the dumpster to see if I could recover my model and resell it.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Remember amusing ourselves with a Coke bottle and a bunch of bottle rockets?
Firecrackers in empty soup cans?

Reactions: 7Critter
Remember amusing ourselves with a Coke bottle and a bunch of bottle rockets?
Firecrackers in empty soup cans?
My boys had more bottle rocket wars than I care to think about. I'm amazed nobody lost an eye. And my middle son blew up more than soup cans! lol

latest

You haven't truly lived until you give up your dining room for this 7'6" toy for your boys. Or the IKEA "some assembly required" of it's over 1,000 pieces.

UK equivalent of GI Joe of which I had several over my younger years. One Christmas day I got a talking version (you pulled a string which was a dog tag), but, they also got me a diving suit suit to go with it. Sneaked upstairs and filled the bath and went diving, it never talked again. Next version was a paratrooper, dad launched it from the garden and it ended up on the roof with no access and didn't get it back for weeks.

latest

You haven't truly lived until you give up your dining room for this 7'6" toy for your boys. Or the IKEA "some assembly required" of it's over 1,000 pieces.

For boys, something like this was always the Holy Grail of the holiday - the bigger the better.