Where have you been?

L.S.

Reaction score
What famous or not so famous places have you been to that has some paranormal history, urban legend, strange stories etc connected to it? What places would you like visit?

Places I've been,

1. Winchester Mystery House
2. The stairs and house where The Exorcist was filmed
3. Wolfe Manor (Clovis, Ca.)
4. Igor's Alley (Long Beach, Ca.)
5. Queen Mary

Couple places I'd like to go see,

1. Roswell NM
2. Amityville house
3. Castle Bran
4. Point Pleasant WV

Last edited:
Wow those are some interesting places. I can’t think of any historical places,I’m aware of that were haunted, that I’ve visited. Did you have any experiences ?​

Reactions: garnetsilver
Been to:

Waverly Hill Sanatorium
Mansfield Reformatory
Roswell, NM
Point Pleasant, WV
Socorro, NM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Exeter, NH
Knock, Ireland
Dozens of castles, pubs/bars, hotels/inns, B&Bs, etc. that claim ghosts/paranormal activity. Have also taken "ghost tours" in a number of cities/towns in various countries.

The one place I would like to visit is Rendelsham Forest. I had numerous opportunities while on business in the UK, but never got around to going.

Last edited:
Been to:

Waverly Hill Sanatorium
Mansfield Reformatory
Roswell, NM
Point Pleasant, WV
Socorro, NM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Exeter, NH
Knock, Ireland
Dozens of castles, pubs/bars, hotels/inns, B&Bs, etc. that claim ghosts/paranormal activity. Have also taken "ghost tours" in a number of cities/towns in various countries.

The one place I would like to visit is Rendelsham Forest. I had numerous opportunities while on business in the UK, but never got around to going.
Wow Duke. Have you ever seen a ghost ?

Wow Duke. Have you ever seen a ghost ?

Yes, but it was in the old farm house I grew up in back in 60s/70s. I think it was my maternal grandfather who died when my Mom was thirteen years old. I'd wake up and see him standing at the foot of my bed. I only identified him after a number of years when one of my aunts came across a photo of him in his coffin.

This upset my Mom greatly, so off we went to see the parish priest. He reassured her there was no need for concern, then told me the next time I saw him to say, "In the name of Jesus Christ, how can I help you?" I did this, and instead of fading out as he'd done previously, he floated up through the ceiling and I never saw him again. I was probably 15-16 the last time I saw him.

"In the name of Jesus Christ, how can I help you?"
Thank you for sharing your story, Duke. And thank you for sharing what the priest told you to say. I think that's an excellent way to approach a non threatening spirit.

Reactions: Duke
Been to:

Wookie Hole caves (legend of a witch and evidence of 45,000 years of human occupation),
Pendle Hill (Pendle witches),
Lots of stately homes that all seemed to have a ghost.
Castle Drogo - which we arrived at soaking wet in a thunderstorm on a very dark day. Not haunted - just the lightning and thunder made it more interesting.
My parents were always going to interesting places on daytrips, and filled the holidays that way.

Various other castles around here, including....Slains Castle, which sits precariously on the cliff edge. It's not open as such, and free to walk around as it is in ruins, but they have fenced it off a bit as people kept falling out of the windows and down the cliff. It is said Bram Stoker stayed there and was an inspiration for Dracula. LINKY
Tollbooth Museum Aberdeen - saw the gaoler in that one. - Like Baldrick but fatter and less teeth.
Our local mental hospital - now derelict and being converted into new flats and homes.......will see how that turns out. LINKY

However most of my experiences have been in places that were not considered haunted at all.

Places I would like to go - Giza Egypt.

Reactions: Paintman and ElliO
2. The stairs and house where The Exorcist was filmed

Exorcist steps location.jpg

Ooh, Duke! That's a wonderful story. I bet he was just checking in to see how the family was coming along.

Places I've Been: (in no particular order)

Whaley House in San Diego
LaLaurie House in New Orleans- You can't go inside anymore, but what I felt was (very sick and scared!) on the sidewalk outside.
Winchester Mystery House
Coronado Hotel, San Diego
Been to a host of places in Scotland & England as well, including Mary King's Close in Edinburgh, but the weekend doing haunted places in Edinburgh I had a nasty concussion and can't trust any of my memories of that time.

Not much on my list of places I want to go. There's some Native American sites that I would like to visit as part of my research into what I've been calling "Native American Fae", but as a white woman I don't want to go sticking my nose where it doesn't belong!

Reactions: Paulm and Paintman
Yes, but it was in the old farm house I grew up in back in 60s/70s. I think it was my maternal grandfather who died when my Mom was thirteen years old. I'd wake up and see him standing at the foot of my bed. I only identified him after a number of years when one of my aunts came across a photo of him in his coffin.

This upset my Mom greatly, so off we went to see the parish priest. He reassured her there was no need for concern, then told me the next time I saw him to say, "In the name of Jesus Christ, how can I help you?" I did this, and instead of fading out as he'd done previously, he floated up through the ceiling and I never saw him again. I was probably 15-16 the last time I saw him.
That’s an amazing testimony!! Evidence of life after death. I’m glad the Priest handled it so well.

Reactions: Debi