Where are you from? Let's hear from you!

I live outside of Chicago in Northwest Indiana. Semi rural, on a lake. I'm remodeling while I'm living here and have about 2/3's of the house livable. I went to grad school to become a doctor of psychology but quit just shy of my Psy.D and opened up a commercial paint contracting business. (Those crazy people are NUTS, I tellya!) Anyhoo, paintings a great career if you love talk radio and dressing like Dennis The Menace. Plus, I get to see what the world does for a living.
As for the paranormal, my mom's into psychics and ghost hunts, so it rubbed off on me a bit. Once, I was part of a group that tipped a table and well......... that was 25 years ago and I still have a big case of cognitive dissonance over that experience. Interestingly, I now live in the neighborhood where we tipped it.
As a rule, I don't participate in the occult anymore, but I'm still curious enough to enjoy hearing other peoples stories. But I prefer that the spirits stay on their side of the veil, and I'll stay on mine.

Reactions: Laura and Debi
I live on top of a small mountain in NY, and I mean right on top. I bake brownies for the high elevation, and when it is winter I drive to work with fear in my heart. I'm in what is known by New Yorkers as the Hudson Valley, and for all those from NYC, I'm in upstate...

I'm originally from a little village sitting out on Lake Ontario within waving distance of Canada. For all those from NYC that means I'm from Canada.

Reactions: Debi
Oh gee eh! I hope I have another Leafs sidekick during hockey season?

It's funny, but no-one in my family is a Leaf supporter. Actually, none of us are really big hockey fans in general. My Dad's favourite team is the Sabres and he watched them play live in Buffalo a few times in the 80s, but hasn't been back anytime in recent years. I'm more a Senators fan, but I've only been to Scotiabank Centre once for a game. A friend and I both went to see the Leafs play at the ACC once - and it was mostly just to write it off a bucket list.

No, there's only one sport I really pay attention to and one team I support totally, and that's these guys:

Dichio.jpg

It's funny, but no-one in my family is a Leaf supporter. Actually, none of us are really big hockey fans in general. My Dad's favourite team is the Sabres and he watched them play live in Buffalo a few times in the 80s, but hasn't been back anytime in recent years. I'm more a Senators fan, but I've only been to Scotiabank Centre once for a game. A friend and I both went to see the Leafs play at the ACC once - and it was mostly just to write it off a bucket list.

No, there's only one sport I really pay attention to and one team I support totally, and that's these guys:

Dichio.jpg
A Canadian who does not consider hockey a second religion...I guess I can forgive you. ;)

No soccer for me. Only 3 sports in this house: hockey, football, and baseball.

I'm originally from Buffalo, N.Y. I lived in Memphis from 95 up until 3 years ago. I now live in Mississippi.

Reactions: Debi
How do you like Mississippi, Void? Got a friend who lives there and loves it.
It's okay. I like it because it's fairly laid back. The only thing i really don't like are the police force. Where i live is a small city. So they've got nothing better to do. They'll pull you over for going 3 miles over the speed limit. They constantly pull people over for no reason just to search. I was sitting at a green light waiting to turn left. When i turned i was in the middle of the street it was a yellow light. When i turned the cop said i turned on a red light. It was a 300 dollar ticket. In Memphis that would be a 50 dollar ticket. So if you go to court to get it thrown out, you've got to pay to park and 40 dollar court cost so they get you either way.

Reactions: chert and Debi
^ I always tell my friends that I really like cop, but not cops. I mean, it's good to see an officer strolling through the neighborhood and making sure everything is good. Nobody breaking into my car or mugging any of my neighbours and all that. But I don't like it so much when you get a bunch of them together. I start to feel paranoid and get a bit ansty when they just drive around in groups through the area. And I haven't even done anything!

Cop is good. Cops...now they just make me uneasy.