What needs to be...

Steve, Steve! That's a story line right out of Stargate 1. And it went very, very badly when the replicators became sentient and ate their way through the galaxy. :eek:
That figures. I didn't really watch that show, giving up on it after the first 4 or 5 episodes. My idea was something I dreamed up about 30+ years ago, well before that show was around. However there have been a few other story ideas I've had which I later saw similar themes in a movie or TV show, such as Fight Club and Dexter.

Maybe I should have stayed in Los Angeles and pursued a screen writing/directing career like I originally thought I wanted back then.

I was always fond of the 'Replicator' from Star Trek lol. Wouldn't it be nice to just 'create' something out of thin air...or whatever that tech was based on? Cooking food though, would take away from the fun in making it yourself, but in a pinch...lol. Then there is the whole Holodeck thing. Would be nice to interact with a book/story etc. Though like with the one poor Lt. who immersed himself too much...yeah that'd become an issue.
Oh YA! I want one of those.

Sadly, there are people useless at 30mph lol.
Sadly there are people useless in parking situations. Though by that point you've already experienced the full terror of useless at 30mph and are just glad to get out of the car even if it is parked at 90 degrees to the curb or mashed into a tree or something. Or upside down in a tree or in a river.

Sadly, there are people useless at 30mph lol.
I was once in a sales job with a guy who used to stride around on the table yelling, 'Are you a man or a chicken??!' to the telesales team. I got punished for my telesales sins by being reassigned to door to door with him, with him driving and he drove even worse than you'd expect a man who strutted on a table yelling 'Are you a man or a chicken' to men and women in a minimum wage job to drive. He was a mess. He had some awful inspirational self help power tape playing all the time (You are somebody! You are the man! Repeat after me...' ) while driving on the pavement and swerving everywhere at over the limit and acting like a man losing his mind who'd succeeded in brainwashing himself into thinking he was okay through tapes made by a charlatan. Like a nervous breakdown in denial, which is the kind of mind-set needed to work in sales really.
I used to bump fists with him and then spend the afternoon conning people, then scolding them for falling for charm and warning them not to listen to this sort of thing, got no leads, got fired so I could get unemployment benefit while I was looking for a non-morally bankrupt job!

Last edited:
I was once in a sales job with a guy who used to stride around on the table yelling, 'Are you a man or a chicken??!' to the telesales team. I got punished for my telesales sins by being reassigned to door to door with him, with him driving and he drove even worse than you'd expect a man who strutted on a table yelling 'Are you a man or a chicken' to men and women in a minimum wage job to drive. He was a mess. He had some awful inspirational self help power tape playing all the time (You are somebody! You are the man! Repeat after me...' ) while driving on the pavement and swerving everywhere at over the limit and acting like a man losing his mind who'd succeeded in brainwashing himself into thinking he was okay through tapes made by a charlatan. Like a nervous breakdown in denial, which is the kind of mind-set needed to work in sales really.
I used to bump fists with him and then spend the afternoon conning people, then scolding them for falling for charm and warning them not to listen to this sort of thing, got no leads, got fired so I could get unemployment benefit while I was looking for a non-morally bankrupt job!
Ben, you are AWESOME! lol