What is Magic?

So what are y`alls thoughts on what magic is? Projection of Mind upon matter? A form of Science? or something else?
a thought, an idea, a vision, that becomes an intent, and then the mental projection of that intent into reality............ a willing change of "what is" to "what will be"

Is not that what action is as well? An idea that becomes intention, which we then project onto reality and the people with us? So whenever we, for example, decide to clean the kitchen, we are impressing our will on reality. We are CHANGING reality. The reality of a dirty kitchen into a clean one. So is this, in a way, Magic?

Is not that what action is as well? An idea that becomes intention, which we then project onto reality and the people with us? So whenever we, for example, decide to clean the kitchen, we are impressing our will on reality. We are CHANGING reality. The reality of a dirty kitchen into a clean one. So is this, in a way, Magic?
That is using natural forces to change your environment. When talking magic, one is looking at intentional use of universal energy to manifest something into reality.
Paul gave a good definition. It normally refers to the use of unseen forces, not Dawn Dishsoap.

He did indeed. And normal actions can also be described the same way. After all, all things are One, so why should not Magic function in the same way as Physics, just on a much greater level, in both the Physical and Metaphysical.

Also, would not Magic be natural? A, so to speak, alternative way of understanding the fundamental rules of reality? An alternete physics?

Depends on which physics you are using. Quantum may be more in the magic realm to which I refer.

Anything can be magic, LOP, depending on your viewpoint. Sage witches have used natural magic for centuries, but still imbue their workings with intentions. I find it magical that I can get out of bed every day. I can find magic in a smile from a child. One thing I've learned is to not get hung up in the semantics or debate of how this reality works.

I find magic daily within God's world. But when I'm trying to manifest something, I am looking at prayer to bring it forth or a spell, depending on the religious belief of the one working with that energy. Both have intention behind the working.

Have you read the Universal One by Walter Russel? It helped me reconcile what I viewed as opposing things, Science and Magic. Both worked, but in my mind, if one was true, the other must be false. The Universal helped show that all are one, so therefore, Science and Magic are one. Merely differunt facets of the same jewel.

Depends on which physics you are using. Quantum may be more in the magic realm to which I refer.

Anything can be magic, LOP, depending on your viewpoint. Sage witches have used natural magic for centuries, but still imbue their workings with intentions. I find it magical that I can get out of bed every day. I can find magic in a smile from a child. One thing I've learned is to not get hung up in the semantics or debate of how this reality works.

I find magic daily within God's world. But when I'm trying to manifest something, I am looking at prayer to bring it forth or a spell, depending on the religious belief of the one working with that energy. Both have intention behind the working.
True. I guess the real question I`m asking is where do YOU draw the line.

Reactions: Ragnar0711
Have you read the Universal One by Walter Russel? It helped me reconcile what I viewed as opposing things, Science and Magic. Both worked, but in my mind, if one was true, the other must be false. The Universal helped show that all are one, so therefore, Science and Magic are one. Merely differunt facets of the same jewel.
I've known this for many years, LoP, but I'm glad you have resolved this for yourself. I just posted a video of Dean Radin. You might be interested in him as well. It's on this Metaphysical thread.

Here's another of his you might find of interest.