Voices and Footseps

Hey MsJ, I’ve been a member of this forum for more than two years and a telepath and empath for more than 40 years. I have never wanted to communicate with the dead - psychic communication with the living is more than I want.

But in the past few months I’ve had a few dreams where there appears to be spirits (really pretty certain they were deceased) and thought I could see them I could not hear them. There was 100% silence - silence all around me in fact. Debi’s inputs have helped me come to the realization that I’m not in control of this receipt and if spirits want my attention they are going to find a way to get it.

After two sequentially nights of completely silent dream visits by my dead relatives who I NEVER dream of, and then my two deceased dogs, I have committed to accepting their voices if they want to talk with me.

In turn, I made a prayer request to my family for the first time in my life. I prayed that if they really wanted to communicate with me, that they might do me one favor - find your Mom and welcome her to wherever they are. I think they might have gotten busy with that quest last night because I didn’t dream about them.

I have only ever heard two things said by the deceased before - my Dad called me by my first name right in my blasted ear (like a joke) and more recently my maternal Grandmother called my middle name in Spanish - both occurred while I was awake.

With my recent resolution, I might begin to hear more of the sounds that you have shared with us that you have heard. I hope those sounds come to me with meaning and context.

God bless you, your Mom, and your family MsJ.

Reactions: MsJ
Hey MsJ, I’ve been a member of this forum for more than two years and a telepath and empath for more than 40 years. I have never wanted to communicate with the dead - psychic communication with the living is more than I want.

But in the past few months I’ve had a few dreams where there appears to be spirits (really pretty certain they were deceased) and thought I could see them I could not hear them. There was 100% silence - silence all around me in fact. Debi’s inputs have helped me come to the realization that I’m not in control of this receipt and if spirits want my attention they are going to find a way to get it.

After two sequentially nights of completely silent dream visits by my dead relatives who I NEVER dream of, and then my two deceased dogs, I have committed to accepting their voices if they want to talk with me.

In turn, I made a prayer request to my family for the first time in my life. I prayed that if they really wanted to communicate with me, that they might do me one favor - find your Mom and welcome her to wherever they are. I think they might have gotten busy with that quest last night because I didn’t dream about them.

I have only ever heard two things said by the deceased before - my Dad called me by my first name right in my blasted ear and more recently my maternal Grandmother called my middle name - both while I was awake.

With my recent resolution, I might begin to hear more of the sounds that you have shared with us that you have heard. I hope those sounds come to me with meaning and context.

God bless you, your Mom, and your family MsJ.
Thank you so much. You are very wise, I don't have any control and that bothers me too. Maybe it will happen when I least expect it. I talk to my mom all the time though. My mom loved meeting new people I hope that they meet. Thank you and God Bless you

Following up on my post. The night that I heard the voice, my mother was in the hospital calling out for a nurse to help her, she told me on the phone the next day. apparently prayers helped, as a nurse came by and helped my mom. The hospital was on lockdown so I couldn't visit and make sure she was getting the care she needed. The voice that woke me up sounded like my grandfather who passed a long time ago when I was a child. So there was some sense to it. When my mom came home, we heard voices and footsteps. Once she passed, the house is silent. I still feel her love, and I wish I could hug her again. I usually dream about people who died, but I haven't dreamed about my mom.

Thanks for the follow up. I didn't realize your Mom had passed, please accept my condolences. I will never forget the "silence" in my parents' home after my Mom died. It was the most profound silence I've ever experienced, the feeling of emptiness was almost surreal. Everywhere I looked reminded me of her, but the thought she'd never be there again was overwhelming.

Last edited:
Thanks for the follow up. I didn't realize your Mom had passed, please accept my condolences. I will never forget the "silence" in my parents' home after my Mom died. It was the most profound silence I've ever experienced, the feeling of emptiness was almost surreal. Everywhere I looked reminded me of her, but the thought she'd never be there again was overwhelming.
Thank you so much. Yes, it just happened, I had started to post around mid April, and she just passed two days ago. The house was active when she was here, before she died, it was like heaven was coming for her. Now that she has passed, the house is silent.

Thank you so much. Yes, it just happened, I had started to post around mid April, and she just passed two days ago. The house was active when she was here, before she died, it was like heaven was coming for her. Now that she has passed, the house is silent.
Sending my sincere condolences. May God give you his peace to walk through this grief. Knowing that her family was with her at the end is some comfort. As time passes and the sharpness of the brief eases, she may come to you.

Following up on my post. The night that I heard the voice, my mother was in the hospital calling out for a nurse to help her, she told me on the phone the next day. apparently prayers helped, as a nurse came by and helped my mom. The hospital was on lockdown so I couldn't visit and make sure she was getting the care she needed. The voice that woke me up sounded like my grandfather who passed a long time ago when I was a child. So there was some sense to it. When my mom came home, we heard voices and footsteps. Once she passed, the house is silent. I still feel her love, and I wish I could hug her again. I usually dream about people who died, but I haven't dreamed about my mom.
You will dream of her, it sometimes takes awhile after they have passed.

Sending my sincere condolences. May God give you his peace to walk through this grief. Knowing that her family was with her at the end is some comfort. As time passes and the sharpness of the brief eases, she may come to you.
Thank you so much for the kind words.

Reactions: Lynne
MsJ, I wanted to share the dream I had of my mother after she passed away. It was quite awhile after, not sure exactly how much time had passed. I had this dream where I entered a Cathedral and saw her sitting in one of the pews. She looked much younger, and I was overcome with happiness to see her again. I hurried over to sit next to her. She hugged me, really tight and I felt as if all the hard feelings and sadness just melted away with that hug. We'd had our differences, when I was growing up, but I had always, underneath all that, loved her very much. I felt healed and comforted after that dream and found that I could move on.

MsJ, I wanted to share the dream I had of my mother after she passed away. It was quite awhile after, not sure exactly how much time had passed. I had this dream where I entered a Cathedral and saw her sitting in one of the pews. She looked much younger, and I was overcome with happiness to see her again. I hurried over to sit next to her. She hugged me, really tight and I felt as if all the hard feelings and sadness just melted away with that hug. We'd had our differences, when I was growing up, but I had always, underneath all that, loved her very much. I felt healed and comforted after that dream and found that I could move on.
That is very beautiful thank you so much. It must have been very healing for you to see your mother in your dream and be with her. I was thinking today that I haven't dreamed of her because she is still with me somehow ??? I've been getting these impulses and thoughts, I like to think its her guiding me. It was so thoughtful of you to share your dream with me, that is so kind. Everyone here has been so very kind.