Voices and Footseps

Welcome to the forum.
I'm sorry you are going through this at the same time as coping with your mothers illness. - Like you don't have enough to worry about.

The good news is that it doesn't seem to be causing harm, in fact it appears to be a friendly spirit, and possibly a family member that has already passed. Sometimes they can show up as guides in stressful times like this. Don't be alarmed if there is more than one. I believe they are there to help.
I love this idea, thank you very much. I like to think that they are around to help us too.

Reactions: 7Critter
I like these type of accounts,to me it proves our body dies and returns to the Earth but our spirit and love,which I believe are the same, continue and can never be beaten.

My apologies, maybe I misunderstood the comments about your siblings' experiences. When you said "while they were here," I took that to mean when they lived there some years ago before moving out as young adults. Now after reading your last response, I think you meant while they were in the house very recently visiting their sick mother. If so, then all the voices/noises, as well as the book reading apparition, have occurred since her return from the hospital. That would seem to indicate the activity is somehow a function of your mother.
To Update, my mother is back in the hospital and everything is quiet, so you were right...

To Update, my mother is back in the hospital and everything is quiet, so you were right...

Sorry to hear your Mom is back in the hospital, but it's probably the best place for her in terms of quality of care. I've been where you are with both parents, as well as my brother.

I'm curious if your Mom acknowledged and/or commented on the noises and voices you and siblings experienced before returning to the hospital? Both my Mom and paternal grandfather claimed to have experienced "visits" by departed family member in the final stages of their lives. My Mom spoke to my wife's late Dad a few days before she passed, although she'd never met him as he had died some years previously. My grandfather spoke with his Mom just prior to his passing. Both of them seemed to take great comfort from these meetings.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear your Mom is back in the hospital, but it's probably the best place for her in terms of quality of care. I've been where you are with both parents, as well as my brother.

I'm curious if your Mom acknowledged and/or commented on the noises and voices you and siblings experienced before returning to the hospital? Both my Mom and paternal grandfather claimed to have experienced "visits" by departed family member in the final stages of their lives. My Mom spoke to my wife's late Dad a few days before she passed, although she'd never met him as he had died some years previously. My grandfather spoke with his Mom just prior to his passing. Both of them seemed to take great comfort from these meetings.
No, she didn't make any comments about the noises, but she did say she dreamed about her cousin that had passed away years ago. I hope that she takes comfort in these dreams and episodes.

Reactions: Lynne and Duke
No, she didn't make any comments about the noises, but she did say she dreamed about her cousin that had passed away years ago. I hope that she takes comfort in these dreams and episodes.
Praying for your moms recovery and comfort.

Reactions: Duke
Thank you so much, that is very kind of you. Its been a long road.
I’ve been there with my mom. I know the path well. You are not walking alone. We have a good prayer group here of all faiths.

Reactions: ozentity
I’ve been there with my mom. I know the path well. You are not walking alone. We have a good prayer group here of all faiths.
Thank you , I didn't realize that...that would help a lot.

Reactions: Lynne
Hi J, and welcome to the PNF. Can you give us some more details of these occurrences and your background relative to the paranormal? Have you lived in the home long, and if so how long have such occurrences been on going? Do you feel what you are experiencing is somehow related to your mother's illness? Have you or your mother ever dabbled in the paranormal before....Ouija boards, ghost hunting, occult practices, etc? Also, would you mind giving us a general idea of where the home is located?

Thanks
Following up on my post. The night that I heard the voice, my mother was in the hospital calling out for a nurse to help her, she told me on the phone the next day. apparently prayers helped, as a nurse came by and helped my mom. The hospital was on lockdown so I couldn't visit and make sure she was getting the care she needed. The voice that woke me up sounded like my grandfather who passed a long time ago when I was a child. So there was some sense to it. When my mom came home, we heard voices and footsteps. Once she passed, the house is silent. I still feel her love, and I wish I could hug her again. I usually dream about people who died, but I haven't dreamed about my mom.

Reactions: garnetsilver