Voices and Footseps

MsJ

Reaction score
This is my first post. I suppose I should start with my mother is very sick at home. While she was in the hospital, I heard a man's voice yelling at me just as I was falling asleep. This happened a couple of times. Then when she got home, I hear footsteps in the hallway, which I ignored. Then, the caregiver and I were sitting in my mothers room and we both heard a woman's voice coming from my room, but we didn't catch the words. Then that evening, I heard someone walking in my room, but no one was there. I didn't get a bad feeling at all, but I was wondering about it. It usually happens as I am falling asleep, but noticing some odd things when I'm wide awake. Any insights are welcome. Thank you!

This is my first post. I suppose I should start with my mother is very sick at home. While she was in the hospital, I heard a man's voice yelling at me just as I was falling asleep. This happened a couple of times. Then when she got home, I hear footsteps in the hallway, which I ignored. Then, the caregiver and I were sitting in my mothers room and we both heard a woman's voice coming from my room, but we didn't catch the words. Then that evening, I heard someone walking in my room, but no one was there. I didn't get a bad feeling at all, but I was wondering about it. It usually happens as I am falling asleep, but noticing some odd things when I'm wide awake. Any insights are welcome. Thank you!

Hi J, and welcome to the PNF. Can you give us some more details of these occurrences and your background relative to the paranormal? Have you lived in the home long, and if so how long have such occurrences been on going? Do you feel what you are experiencing is somehow related to your mother's illness? Have you or your mother ever dabbled in the paranormal before....Ouija boards, ghost hunting, occult practices, etc? Also, would you mind giving us a general idea of where the home is located?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.
I'm sorry you are going through this at the same time as coping with your mothers illness. - Like you don't have enough to worry about.

The good news is that it doesn't seem to be causing harm, in fact it appears to be a friendly spirit, and possibly a family member that has already passed. Sometimes they can show up as guides in stressful times like this. Don't be alarmed if there is more than one. I believe they are there to help.

Welcome MSJ To the forum. First off let me extend my best wishes to your mom. I’m sorry to hear she has had a health issue. I hope she is doing better.

as for your activity, it could be a few things but Rowan’s take is one I lean into. When we are falling asleep your brain waves are more receptive to the other side and you are still conscious enough to remember the communication. Often our guides and loved ones come to us in dreams. This could be the answer to why you are hearing things as you fall of to sleep.

Another cause could be that some spirit from the hospital followed you home. If this continues I would recommend just informing it that this is not their home and to leave. Claim your space. Start there, taking authority over your home usually works in many instances.

Hi hon, and welcome. I will add my own experience. When my mother was very ill, my late father managed to communicate at times audibly. I normally don't get messages in this manner, but my dad made sure not only I heard him, but my sister as well. He would also sometimes knock...which was a way he and my mom used to communicate between bedrooms when he was alive. He was very ill and didn't sleep well so he would sleep in the bedroom next to hers. If he needed her he would knock on the wall. All this activity stopped when mom passed eventually.

You will have to discern if the spirit coming by is someone friendly. Prayer helps block the bad guys, but does no harm to the family spirits who are visiting.

Hi J, and welcome to the PNF. Can you give us some more details of these occurrences and your background relative to the paranormal? Have you lived in the home long, and if so how long have such occurrences been on going? Do you feel what you are experiencing is somehow related to your mother's illness? Have you or your mother ever dabbled in the paranormal before....Ouija boards, ghost hunting, occult practices, etc? Also, would you mind giving us a general idea of where the home is located?

Thanks

Hi! Thank you for your comment. This is the family home, my parents have lived here for almost 70 years. As for the paranormal, well that's another aspect. My dad is an immigrant from the middle east, where they have practiced coffee reading and I think my grandmother was some kind of healer but no one will talk about it. On my mom's side, there was some paranormal activity with my grandmother, and grandfather. My brother and sister just told me that while they were here, they heard someone say hi and my brother saw a man reading a book in the living room but it vanished. They hear the footsteps too, and we have heard our names being called. My mom's grandfather was a pentecostal minister from the old country so maybe that makes sense. The house is in a suburban neighborhood, we have a slope in back. Thank you!!

Hi! Thank you for your comment. This is the family home, my parents have lived here for almost 70 years. As for the paranormal, well that's another aspect. My dad is an immigrant from the middle east, where they have practiced coffee reading and I think my grandmother was some kind of healer but no one will talk about it. On my mom's side, there was some paranormal activity with my grandmother, and grandfather. My brother and sister just told me that while they were here, they heard someone say hi and my brother saw a man reading a book in the living room but it vanished. They hear the footsteps too, and we have heard our names being called. My mom's grandfather was a pentecostal minister from the old country so maybe that makes sense. The house is in a suburban neighborhood, we have a slope in back. Thank you!!

Not sure what big picture conclusions to draw from the provided information. Since paranormal activity, both practices and experiences, has gone on in the home for some years prior to your mother's illness, it's probably reasonable to conclude the recent experiences are not necessarily a function of your Mom's illness.

As to whether the noises and voices heard are those of departed family members, that likely remains to be seen. I suppose that's possible, but I'd be curious to know if the book reading apparition was thought to have been a family member? Did a grandfather or elderly male family member live in the house at the his passing?

I particularly intrigued by the fact your great grandfather was a Pentecostal minister. Having had friends who grew up in that faith, I know they take a very dim view of the paranormal, usually attributing such things to the devil. Not sure how, or even if, his beliefs play into this situation. Did he ever reside in the home?

Reactions: Lynne
Not sure what big picture conclusions to draw from the provided information. Since paranormal activity, both practices and experiences, has gone on in the home for some years prior to your mother's illness, it's probably reasonable to conclude the recent experiences are not necessarily a function of your Mom's illness.

As to whether the noises and voices heard are those of departed family members, that likely remains to be seen. I suppose that's possible, but I'd be curious to know if the book reading apparition was thought to have been a family member? Did a grandfather or elderly male family member live in the house at the his passing?

I particularly intrigued by the fact your great grandfather was a Pentecostal minister. Having had friends who grew up in that faith, I know they take a very dim view of the paranormal, usually attributing such things to the devil. Not sure how, or even if, his beliefs play into this situation. Did he ever reside in the home?
Hi Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your insight. To answer your question, my great grandfather passed away in the 1940's and did not visit this current house. The activity started this last week, the day after she returned from the hospital.

Hi Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your insight. To answer your question, my great grandfather passed away in the 1940's and did not visit this current house. The activity started this last week, the day after she returned from the hospital.

My apologies, maybe I misunderstood the comments about your siblings' experiences. When you said "while they were here," I took that to mean when they lived there some years ago before moving out as young adults. Now after reading your last response, I think you meant while they were in the house very recently visiting their sick mother. If so, then all the voices/noises, as well as the book reading apparition, have occurred since her return from the hospital. That would seem to indicate the activity is somehow a function of your mother.

My apologies, maybe I misunderstood the comments about your siblings' experiences. When you said "while they were here," I took that to mean when they lived there some years ago before moving out as young adults. Now after reading your last response, I think you meant while they were in the house very recently visiting their sick mother. If so, then all the voices/noises, as well as the book reading apparition, have occurred since her return from the hospital. That would seem to indicate the activity is somehow a function of your mother.
Thank you for your kind comment, that would make sense, considering the situation.

Reactions: Duke