Various experiences in our house

Mitch617

Reaction score
Hi, all!

As the new guy I'll first write a short introduction of myself :) I am Mitch, 27 years old living in the Netherlands together with my fiancé, we moved in together in May 2016 and since then a lot of things have happened, that's why I am posting here cause some things are limiting me/us to live the life we want here.

So first things first, We both visited a paranormal person for a few times, and it appears we're both some kind of sensitive to paranormal things, as A kid I experienced some things, during my teenage years it became more and more and it still makes me very curious to learn more about it.

So last year we moved in (We split my parents' house in 2, we live on one side, parents on the other side.. I mention this because I'll be referring to it later in the story). Everything started calm, we were happy we finally had our own place, at the start, we noticed that the dog was sometimes starting to nothing so we already had a feeling there might be something going on.

Though everything was calm we didn't notice anything weird until the summer started, we started hearing weird sounds we couldn't identify and sometimes we also saw like a person was moving in the corner of our eyes while no one was there, not much later my fiancé was doing something at the sink and she thought I was standing behind her cause something touched her shoulder and also she felt some cold breeze near that spot.

At this point we became really curious, I still had 2 CCTV camera's which I decided to set up at night, together with a professional recording microphone. On the camera's we definitely got some footage I guess, most of the stuff captured are dust particles which look like orbs, but a few times per night some appeared really bright so I'm not sure of those were dust particles after all.. also with the microphone we recorded enough interesting sounds, one of them still gives me chills it's a pop or some door slamming sound which came from nowhere, instantly after that the dog went nuts.. which woke us up but we didn't hear the sound ourselves though..

One of the clearest experience we had was when we were watching TV, there was a glass with a drink on table and suddenly the glass moved a bit, we asked each other if one of us touched the table which wasn't the case.. sometimes also small objects disappeared forever from their place, we never saw something concrete but we know we didn't move it ourselves.

Then in august, our happy life suddenly became a fight to stay alive, at least for me... I do have a rare heart-lung condition, I was rushed to the emergency at hospital because of a lung bleeding which came from nowhere, I was there for 5 days and send home with the message "you were lucky, if it's a bigger bleeding next time we can't do anything so enjoy your time" from that time we didn't think about anything anymore we lived at my parents house until the end of the year cause we were simply too scared it would happen another time which wouldn't end so well..

At the start of this year, we're slowly moving back to our place, but there are still a few things here I cannot explain which are:
-Unexplainable smells, last week we had the smell of paint while there was no paint in the house or anywhere near our home.

-Moisture inside the house, we have a very low moisture in the house (normally 30-40%) while at my parents' side (same house) it's always between 50-60% which is much more comfortable for me, we added humidifiers and everything but it doesn't solve the problem either..

-Suddenly feeling weak or dizzy, this happens once or multiple times a day.

-My fiancé has a lot of trouble with sleeping, and if she sleeps she still wakes up so tired like she didn't sleep at all.

-In meantime we got a cat as well, it's staring very often into the dark with extremely big eyes and all hair standing up like some danger is approaching, he usually stares into the bedroom where also the sound and my lung bleeding happened at night.

Sorry for the long story but I wanted to describe everything as clear as possible, I think there's no doubt we have something going on here but I do have a few questions though...

Can the unexplainable smells and the moisture rates be related to paranormal activity? And ultimately can entities have the power to create life-threatening situations like the lung bleeding I got? Those things spook through my head a lot since I have no answer for them it makes me curious but also a little scared for what can happen in the future.

So once again sorry for the book I wrote you guys :D I hope I can get some advice here how to deal with this.

Hi Mitch, and welcome to the forum. I've read your story, and I need a few minutes to think on it a bit, with a cup of coffee, but I'll see if I can throw some light on that for you in a few.

Reactions: Mitch617
Mitch, a few questions for you. When you "split the house" into two, did you do some renovation to do that? How old is the home? Any prior history of it having activity or some history of it being on a ley line, etc?

Is the home on two different HVAC systems? (I'm doing some rule outs here. First thing you do with paranormal activity.)

Reactions: Mitch617
Hiya Mitch. One thing, a little thing, that sticks out is the moisture difference between the two homes. One side can be slightly warmer or cooler. When hot air meets cold air, water develops. This happens in every house in the world. If you ever had a mold problem, the extra moisture waters it and helps it go. (Just thinking about your respiratory issue.) W/ mold or mildew it's often not seen, but can still cause problems. It's just a longshot. But you described multiple issues. Good Luck !:)

Reactions: Mitch617 and Debi
My parents house is I believe from around the 60's my dad's mom always lived here, he cared for her until she died. I did have a few experiences in that house as well but never anything like this.

5 years ago we did start renovating, we bought some ground from our neighbor, I think this could have some relation of some kind... My dad wanted to buy the ground for many years but the neighbor never wanted to sell it, when he died his wife was still living next doors and in the end she sold us the ground to build a new garage (I often hear footsteps on the attic there) and our bedroom is also on that piece of ground.

My parents house does have an air conditioner, which should make the air even drier, we just have a normal ventilation system that brings fresh outside air into the house and sucks the "dirty" air if I can call it like that outside, even if outside the humidity is 70-90% we still barely get to 50% though.

I'm not familiar with leyline, I will do some research on that :)

My initial impression is this is part environmental, and part paranormal. Sometimes we try and lump it all under one cause, when it can be two or even three things going on and we have to separate them from each other. Paintman has a very good point on the moisture issues, and since you have two separate HVAC systems, they may compete a bit.

The history of the land "feud" is interesting. I lived in a home that had activity after someone who died there vowed I would never have the house. No activity prior to her death but once she was gone and I moved in, bingo...it started.

One of the things you mention is the loud "pop" sound you hear. This often goes along with items being apported....ie. moved dimensionally. Things go missing. Sometimes things show up again, sometimes not.

Addressing the paint smell....when moisture fluctuates in a house, odors can be suddenly released from wood. It can remain trapped there for years, and then suddenly gas out into the home. Now, if you start smelling rotten eggs or sulphur, then I would be concerned. Many haunted sites have been investigated for smells of cigar smoke, perfume, etc., and studies have shown that many times this is the cause. There have been unexplained smells that are not related to this, but it is one possible answer.

The cat....animals are well known to be wide open to paranormal activity. I believe they have no filters that prevent them from seeing what we do not see. Animals often sense the unseen, and I do pay attention to them when they indicate something from another realm may be about.

Paintman has indeed a good point, we also have a more modern isolation so that might be a part of it too, I'm always just confused when it's way higher outside and it doesn't rise inside haha! I wasn't aware about the smell though, I always thought when it's done gassing it would be fine, but that is also a very good possibility since it's just a year since everything was painted here.

My fiancé always says the cat scares her when he is like this, it happened a few times now, I'll try to shoot a video or make some pictures next time he does it sometimes he also stares the same like this outside, but always into the direction of the ground we bought.

I don't know if it's the neighbor but when I read the story about your has it might be a possibility I guess? In the garage, I also recorded tons of sounds, ranging from tapping sounds to some sounds which really freaked my out like the sound of a heartbeat and some whistling sounds.. still got the recordings for anyone who is interested to hear them :)

Reactions: Paintman
You can post them here if you wish. If the file isn't too big it should load. We're always interested in hearing and doing some analysis! Also, we have a professional photographer here as a member who can look at any pics you might have.

One thing about land.....spirits are NOT bound to one piece of it. They are not bound by property lines. There have been cases where things have gone active several miles away from an original spot believed to be haunted.

I'll dig up some recordings, I found 3 recordings from the garage so far which all appeared on the same night... still looking for the recordings in our home.. will post them tomorrow they ar all pretty short and 100-300kb each, if that's too much I can upload them somewhere externally?