Various experiences in our house

Really overwhelmed from all the input! Thanks to everyone, I'm really happy to read all options to figure out whether some things are paranormal related or not :)

About the ventilation system, It's a pretty long story but I'll write it anyways to give everyone a good context for it.. when I came home from hospital after the bleeding, I simply couldn't take any smell anymore, so we decided to invite a professional company who measures air quality and climate inside the house. Everything he measured was far below the maximum norms, he even didn't measure any electronic fields (we're about 100 feet from 150kv power lines) the only thing he found was that our Co2 rate was pretty high, normally it should be around 7-800, in schools and hospitals about 400-600, the higher this level the less oxygen is inside which you'll notice when there's a lot of people in a room. we were around 1000 with nobody inside and ventilation system working, after some brainstorming, we agree to place an extra system that blows fresh air into the house with higher capacity than the ventilation system, so we would create some kind of overpressure in the house to force the "dirty" air out. After we installed all this we also got a Co2 measuring device and started the project, and it's really weird cause even without forcing the air inside it could go as low as 380-400, (with us, and the dog inside) while an hour or less later it could be in the 1600-2000 range which is extremely high. We contacted the company about this but they couldn't explain us either why it's so unstable, the same goes for the moisture rates.

To answer Vibe-Feeler's questions about the dog and chemicals, the dog sleeps in our bedroom with the door closed on her own bed, sometimes it happens she dreams and she taps the floor or closet, but that's a typical sound of nails on wood (got that recorded too haha!) but the sound was way louder than that, and there isn't really anything on the closet she could knock off or so.

The chemical smells, it's possible that they are still released from the paint or furniture, I am extremely sensitive to chemicals smells, I really can't be near anyone who has perfume, aftershave or anything else which is not a natural smell so, when we come inside the home you don't really smell much of weird things just sometimes there is suddenly that paint or concrete smell, I just have no clue if it's still gassing out or not.

As far as sleeping goes, we always sleep with the windows wide open to have at least the fresh air to get that Co2 as good as possible especially during the night :)

I think I answered most of the questions now haha! I'll dig further in the sounds, all of them are slightly amplified so it's easier to hear them.

Hi Mitch, welcome to the forum :). So I have read your writings and the comments that followed, and here's my weigh in.

You were told that you and your fiance are both sensitive to paranormal activity. After a few of my postings on here, some of the members feel that I may be sensitive as well, and Debi referred to it as being a beacon. I did do a little research into it and in a case like that, a person who is a beacon is like a magnet for paranormal activity. So that being said, it may not be the house or the property, it could just be those that are sensitive to paranormal activity. I think read some of my stories and see if any of the comments there give you some extra information that may provide some clarity on your situation.

So you said you split the house with your parents, and the house has been around since the 60s. Now I'm assuming that the renovations that took place to achieve this were not minor. From what I've seen, the older the premises, the more likely paranormal activity can occur when renovations take place. So that may be a possibility to look into. In some cases even a slight change can trigger a massive haunting, like with me in 2010 (see Haunting of 2010/2011).

In terms of the animals, as Debi mentioned, they are much more susceptible to paranormal activity. During my 2010/2011 haunting I talk about how my dogs reacted strangely during a stage of severe activity. But you don't necessarily need to be concerned when your pets stare at something you cannot see. If an entity is dangerous or malevolent, pets will normally show more signs of fear. In some cases, they will become restless and try to get out and away from whatever it is that they are seeing or sensing, or some dogs may bark aggressively at the entity.

With regards to your heart-lung condition, there can be rare cases where it may be paranormal related but this can be extremely difficult to confirm. As Paintman mentioned, mold or mildew can cause problems with lungs, but mold can also cause other problems which could be a possible reason for seeing movement in the corner of your eyes. I'm not saying that it's not something paranormal, but try rule out the mold theory if it is true.

You said that the humidity in your side of the house differs abnormally to the humidity in your parents' side. I'm no expert on the subject but just thinking is it not possible that there is something wrong with the ventilation or maybe it was not installed properly? It's just a possible theory that came to mind when I read your description of the matter. Maybe see if that isn't the cause?

You mentioned sensations of dizziness and feeling weak, and you also mentioned you smelled paint. Now I saw in the comments Debi said it is possible for the odor to be released from the wood. I'm just thinking if it maybe isn't possible that the chemicals in the odors are not causing this? I don't know if such a scenario would release a strong enough concentration to cause dizziness, but it's also a suggestion that maybe one of the other members can confirm.

With the matter of your fiance sleeping and waking up feeling tired. This happens to me often when I go for an afternoon nap. My room is not properly ventilated so I would lie down, sleep very well and wake up feeling twice as tired than I was before I laid down. This is another reason why I'm thinking it could be something wrong with the ventilation system on your side of the house as well.

Now the audio recordings you uploaded. The Creepy.mp3 sounds like a bird. Did you amplify the sound before uploading here? I'm from South Africa and I have a wide variety of birds that stay on my premises, and some of them can get extremely loud. But it could also be an insect, there is one insect, the cicada, that can produce a sound as loud as 108 decibels, so don't rule that possibility out yet. The pop in the house actually sounds like something falling off from somewhere, or something knocking against wood. Was anything out of place in the source of the sound? Could the dog maybe have heard something else that we can't hear and jumped off from somewhere making that sound just before he started barking? The whistle mp3 I don't know. Listening to that one actually gives me chills, and that I think you may have captured something paranormal. It sounded too human to be a bird or insect.

I'm not trying to sound like a skeptic, I'm just putting myself in your situation and trying to see what's the first thing I would look for in situations like that. I just suggested possible alternative causes for these occurrences so that if that's the cause, then hopefully it will help put your minds at ease. I'm not doubting that there might be something paranormal in your house, and I'm very interested to hear more updates and review more recordings and give my input wherever I can (and as you've seen so are the other members). But I wouldn't feel threatened by whatever is in your house yet. The case with your lung could have been a nasty coincidence, as I said, linking medical emergencies to paranormal causes is very tricky. But from what you have described it doesn't seem to indicate anything malevolent, but I'm sure through more updates we can try determine the true nature of the situation.
Great insight Vibe

Reactions: Vibe-Feeler
The high CO2 levels I would say is the most likely cause for the dizzy and weak sensations, as when the body starts getting deprived of oxygen these are very common symptoms.

I was actually going to ask if you live close to any power lines in my previous post. It has been documented in a number of cases where houses near high voltage power lines tend to experience significant paranormal activity. The relation is not fully understood but many debate that because entities are attracted to energy, such power lines like you described is like a haven for entities.

I think with your audio recordings, post the originals as well as the amplified. Amplified sounds are good but they can also make it a bit difficult to truly lay down possible logical explanations. I know this because once a year a radio station here in RSA has a competition where they amplify soft sounds of everyday objects and you need to guess what it is, and it's remarkable how ambiguous these amplifications sound lol.

Now I'm no doctor but I'm just thinking that the high CO2 could also be the cause of your lung emergency. If I recall correctly, lack of oxygen can also cause vessels/capillaries to burst in the lungs. But I think consult a medical professional about that theory, I could be mistaking it for another medical case.

Reactions: Paintman
Now I'm no doctor but I'm just thinking that the high CO2 could also be the cause of your lung emergency. If I recall correctly, lack of oxygen can also cause vessels/capillaries to burst in the lungs. But I think consult a medical professional about that theory, I could be mistaking it for another medical case.
Nope, you are absolutely correct in the fact CO2 levels are extremely dangerous at higher levels. They can kill you or cause numerous problems. If the air is still showing higher levels of it, there is a huge problem there.

I caught that Mitch is talking about a reversed negative pressure situation in the home...forcing air from outside into the home. You have to be sure that cycle is completed by allowing the inside air to ventilate OUT. That could be a problem with the elevated CO2. In any case, the ventilation is NOT right if there is still a problem with that gas build up. I'm familiar with negative and reverse negative air flows from working in the hospital. Those have to be a really specialized set up to work correctly.

The electrical lines.....OMG! Those are like feeding stations for activity. You need to get an EMF reading of the whole house ASAP! That can cause you to be dizzy, disoriented, and even hallucinate.

Reactions: Vibe-Feeler
OK, I've been having an experience with smells that fits into this thread. While Mr. Bird has been in the hospital, every time he has a setback or problem, I've been smelling cigar smoke. Not just any old cigar smoke, but the kind his dad used to smoke. At the hospital today and he had another set-back...and there it was again. Cigar smell. I have said nothing about this, until my son suddenly asked today, "Why do I keep getting whiffs of White Owl Cigars?" My son was too young when he died to know his grandfather or even what the man smoked. We smell this AT the hospital...no one else around us at the times we smell this. My only explanation is his dad is there supporting us and wants us to know. This has happened in different rooms on different floors and even the hallway once.

Reactions: 7Critter
I like the idea that our departed loved ones are there helping us thru tough times. I occasionally will encounter a smell that is out of place or see a butterfly out of season and quietly smile, and say "thanks for being there."

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Debi I agree. It's his dads way of letting you know he's there supporting things.

Reactions: Debi
Hi everyone,

Terrible sorry for the delay, got sick just after the last post, then I worked my ass off to catch up with the work in the next 1,5 week and now I'm sick again.

But in meantime, a lot of interesting things happened. I'll write them down here:

-We recently bought a mirror for our bedroom, when my girlfriend was in bed she thought she saw a dark shadow moving in the mirror.
-Her jacket was hanging in the bathroom to dry after washing when I went to the toilet I noticed it was swinging around a little without being touched, we don't have any windows there so there was no wind or anything similar.. checked back 10 minutes later and it was not moving.
-a few days later the light was flickering when we were brushing our teeth in the bathroom
-Yesterday I had to leave for the doctor, when I came back my girlfriend told me she was in our bedroom and saw some white light on the wall in the living room, she immediately checked but she couldn't find anything that could have reflected that.

I'm sure I'm still forgetting some, tomorrow my girlfriend will leave for a short vacation to her home country. I will stay at my parents for that time so I'll try to record as much as possible to see if we can catch something :)