Unexpected voice in car...Are they ever?

Selectric

Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
Been cycling through various threads...still new to forum. Some time ago i was driving down a road...same road i have posted about before nearby a lake. Have had odd occurrences all along that road but this one freaked me out. I was driving past the lake, when what seemed like someone in my back seat leaned forward and whispered my name in my ear. Now to make that even more jump worthy, my interior light was on the fritz and happened to be on. Now, if i hit a bump, it would come on randomly, but it happened right after the voice in my ear lol. Lucky i didn't crash my car into the woods, but as a famous saying goes...It's all in the reflexes lol. Anyone else have that happen to them? Like, it's bad enough someone not there whispers in your ear, but the fact they know your name?! Damn Creepy.

When I was a child, we lived in a creepy house that had all sorts of weird stuff going on in it. I was about eleven at the time when I started hearing my name whispered, every night. It was the creepiest thing yet, and I was so glad when we moved out of that house.

I've always been claircog and not so much clairaudiant, but recently I've had some rather unnerving audio experiences. Not often, but more so than I have in my lifetime of experience in the paranormal.

I did have a voice whisper in my ear once, but it wasn't a frightening thing. In fact it turned out to be a deeply spiritual experience. I was struggling with personal matters at the time and spoke aloud a rhetorical statement out of frustration. That whisper in my ear gave me answers that allowed me to work through my issues.

I also had a car voice but it was more like an intrusive thought, I don't think it was something audible. I was driving to a store and about 2 blocks from my destination I had the sudden thought to "turn right" for no apparent reason. I basically just said "Okay" and turned down the wrong street with no clear idea why. About a half hour later I learned that turning at that point kept me out of a literal life or death situation.

So while it's unnerving, it might not always be malicious.

Mr. Garnet has come to the room I am in, asking me what I wanted, several times. He told me that he clearly heard me call his name! I finally told whomever it was to stop messing about , or there would be consequences. Once, they even woke us from our sleep. :mad:

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
I somehow wonder if these voices are related to when a mother hears her baby crying in the middle of the night , a sound that no one else in the household hears. A sound directed only to one person ?

I somehow wonder if these voices are related to when a mother hears her baby crying in the middle of the night , a sound that no one else in the household hears. A sound directed only to one person ?
You might have a point there! I never hear anyone calling my name, but hubby does.

Reactions: Selectric
Been cycling through various threads...still new to forum. Some time ago i was driving down a road...same road i have posted about before nearby a lake. Have had odd occurrences all along that road but this one freaked me out. I was driving past the lake, when what seemed like someone in my back seat leaned forward and whispered my name in my ear. Now to make that even more jump worthy, my interior light was on the fritz and happened to be on. Now, if i hit a bump, it would come on randomly, but it happened right after the voice in my ear lol. Lucky i didn't crash my car into the woods, but as a famous saying goes...It's all in the reflexes lol. Anyone else have that happen to them? Like, it's bad enough someone not there whispers in your ear, but the fact they know your name?! Damn Creepy.
I've had this happen to me on several occasions. However, they were auditory hallucinations caused by being right on the edge of sleep when I've been extremely tired. I used to sometimes be drifting off and hear, clear as a bell, one of my parents saying my name right in my ear. The weird thing was that it didn't scare me at all because I instinctively knew it wasn't real, even at quite a young age.

I also once had a haptic hallucination which is caused by the same thing (i.e. being extremely tired and being on the edge of sleep or the edge of waking). I felt someone touch my elbow. Again, I paid no heed to it as I knew it wasn't real.

Unless you were *very* sleepy when you were driving, I can't explain your experience. All I can say is that if that had happened to me whilst driving, I would have been terrified!