Unexpected voice in car...Are they ever?

I've had this happen to me on several occasions. However, they were auditory hallucinations caused by being right on the edge of sleep when I've been extremely tired. I used to sometimes be drifting off and hear, clear as a bell, one of my parents saying my name right in my ear. The weird thing was that it didn't scare me at all because I instinctively knew it wasn't real, even at quite a young age.

I also once had a haptic hallucination which is caused by the same thing (i.e. being extremely tired and being on the edge of sleep or the edge of waking). I felt someone touch my elbow. Again, I paid no heed to it as I knew it wasn't real.

Unless you were *very* sleepy when you were driving, I can't explain your experience. All I can say is that if that had happened to me whilst driving, I would have been terrified!
I was very much awake. The whisper was very low too. It took me by complete surprise for sure.

Mr. Garnet has come to the room I am in, asking me what I wanted, several times. He told me that he clearly heard me call his name! I finally told whomever it was to stop messing about , or there would be consequences. Once, they even woke us from our sleep. :mad:
Yikes, that would be very frustrating :(

Reactions: garnetsilver
I've always wanted to visit the Pine Barrens. I was reading about it, and about some weird occurrences that happened there. I grew up in NJ, lived there for 20 years and never got around to it. Now I live in PA and don't enjoy traveling the way I used to, so that's that.

Reactions: Selectric
I've always wanted to visit the Pine Barrens. I was reading about it, and about some weird occurrences that happened there. I grew up in NJ, lived there for 20 years and never got around to it. Now I live in PA and don't enjoy traveling the way I used to, so that's that.
My avatar pic is from up state PA :)

Hi Selectric,

I posted up something that happened to me a while back (around June/July last year), where I heard someone (male voice) whisper in my left ear "It's only six minutes - six!" as I was laying in bed one night. Never got to the bottom of it........

Didn't half make me jump :tearsofjoy:

Been cycling through various threads...still new to forum. Some time ago i was driving down a road...same road i have posted about before nearby a lake. Have had odd occurrences all along that road but this one freaked me out. I was driving past the lake, when what seemed like someone in my back seat leaned forward and whispered my name in my ear. Now to make that even more jump worthy, my interior light was on the fritz and happened to be on. Now, if i hit a bump, it would come on randomly, but it happened right after the voice in my ear lol. Lucky i didn't crash my car into the woods, but as a famous saying goes...It's all in the reflexes lol. Anyone else have that happen to them? Like, it's bad enough someone not there whispers in your ear, but the fact they know your name?! Damn Creepy.
Oh wow! Good driving and thanks for sharing. I have not had this happen thank God.

Last edited:
Hi Selectric,

I posted up something that happened to me a while back (around June/July last year), where I heard someone (male voice) whisper in my left ear "It's only six minutes - six!" as I was laying in bed one night. Never got to the bottom of it........

Didn't half make me jump :tearsofjoy:
Oh I remember you positing about that. You should link that thread here.