TV and Subtitles

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

This is now a "thing". Now, we use subtitles because my hubs is hearing impaired. But to find out the younger generation uses them kind of threw me. I can read and watch with ease after years of using them and they are set as our default for TV. Sometimes they can actually be amusing when they quote "Gunshot" or "Indians speaking native language" with no translation...lol.

Anyone else here use them?

I do because my one of my computer speakers isn’t the best while the other is fully functional. If I can’t make out what they’re saying, on they come.
My husband STILL has the speakers blaring despite the captions. I think I'm having hearing loss from it being turned up to max levels...it's like going to a concert without earplugs.

This is now a "thing". Now, we use subtitles because my hubs is hearing impaired. But to find out the younger generation uses them kind of threw me. I can read and watch with ease after years of using them and they are set as our default for TV. Sometimes they can actually be amusing when they quote "Gunshot" or "Indians speaking native language" with no translation...lol.

I do when I watch shows that have accents, usually shows from England.

I can understand EVERY English accent. Instantly. It's a gift.

My dear wife can hear an English accent from anywhere but here and not understand a word.

We need a banging-head emogee, or whatever they are called. ;bg3

The few people i have ran into that run subtitles just have no idea how to shut them off lol.