Trick or Treat

We would get pillow cases full of candy, which then had to be spread out on the table for review by parents...who also did a taste test or two. lol

Then my sister and I would trade candy. We each had different tastes, so what I didn't like she normally did and trading would go on for about an hour, or until sent to bed by weary parents.
My experience was pretty much the same. My parents just did a quick look over and told us to make sure everything was wrapped right.

Halloween wasn't a thing over here until fairly recently but I'm going to my relative's birthday, falling on Halloween as a zombie. Just wearing my ripped work clothes and makeup. Probably don't need makeup these days. lol.

FAVORITE COSTUME YOU EVER WORE?
As a kid, it was almost always Dracula. I had those cheap, plastic glow in the dark fangs, a plastic ‘Cloak’, White Button down w/jeans and tennis shoes at the time.

HOW MUCH CANDY DID YOU NORMALLY GET?
Looking back now, it varied. But it was a decent assortment of various sweets.

TO WHAT AGE WERE YOU ALLOWED TO TRICK OR TREAT?
I think from about five or six to maybe about ten or eleven when I stopped for good.
EVER DO THE "TRICK"...LIKE TP A HOUSE? (TODAY THAT MIGHT BE CONSIDERED IN THE TREAT CATEGORY FOR SOMEONE!)
No, but we were TP’d a few times ourselves.
FAVORITE CANDIES IN THE BAG?
AND DID YOUR PARENTS "TEST" YOUR CANDY?
Tootsie rolls I think were one. And A Bit of Honey was another.

My mom always checked and once she did, we were in the clear but I don’t think she let us ever eat too much at one time.