The last time you tried...

I have so many of those stories I could probably write a series of 700 page novels. Like Paulm most of them involved alcohol. One that sticks out is the time I was at my younger cousins birthday party and I surfed down a slip n' slide. I was about 16 and me and my older cousins had been stealing drinks out of everyone's cups, and playing our version of truth or dare which was dare or even worse dare. I was then dared to run down the slip n' slide that was set up on the driveway. I thought I have an even cooler idea, I was going to surf down the slip n' slide. I grabbed the surf board and made my way to the slip n' slide. Thinking I was about to do the coolest thing ever I made the announcement that I was about to blow everyone's minds. The only part I didn't account for was the inflatable bumper at the end of the slide to keep small children from sliding too far and getting hurt. In my case the surf board stopped at the bumper but I kept going. I then face planted into the asphalt going at least what felt like 30 mph. I ended up in the back of an ambulance getting 13 stitches on my forehead, nose, and chin.
I wish I could say that was the last time I did something thinking I looked cool, but really just looked like an idiot, and sadly it's not. For some reason all my ideas and plans seem so much cool in my head, but in fact about 89% of the time I come out embarrassed and looking like an idiot. But I do have that 11% of the time where I actually look cool. I savor that 11%.

Well, I tried to go roller skating after God knows how many years since I had, and I took a turn around the skating rink. Feeling proud of myself, I started to skate to the edge of the rink and take off the skates, but a small child veered in front of me and...trying to avoid crashing into him, I fell down. Hard. I wore a cast for three months!:blush:
I had a similar expierence on ice skates. I was used to pond and lake ice and grew up in Michigan....so I thought I was pretty good on skates. When our high school band played at the Red Wings game as a special treat we got to use the ice after. I had no idea the ice was so hard and slick. My blades were not sharp enough and my balance not good enough to navigate it. Sorry to say I could not even stand.

Ahhh, the " hold my beer and watch this" moments of which there are many..." Hey she's flirting with me, hold my beer and watch this", " he did a gainer off the cliff, hold my beer and watch this", " he dont look so tough, hold my beer and watch this", " sure I can do a backflip off the roof into the pool, hold my blah blah blah........and then there's the whole parachute pants decision back in the 80's, unfortunately no beer involved, that one is all on me and bad taste.....lol
Paul thank you for my first spit take of the day. I can so see this. You are an all American male for sure. I mean this in a really good way. You were the guy that got the date I bet!

Reactions: Paulm
Extra wide bell bottoms. Seems if those are even a bit too long (which was the way we wore those suckers) one can trip and fall flat on your face. I did this in a great way...on stairs, in the high school, and the fall was epic! Stage steps. Bam....what a show ender. I even got applause. Guitar didn't live.

Extra wide bell bottoms. Seems if those are even a bit too long (which was the way we wore those suckers) one can trip and fall flat on your face. I did this in a great way...on stairs, in the high school, and the fall was epic! Stage steps. Bam....what a show ender. I even got applause. Guitar didn't live.

That was an epic description. I pain for the loss of the guitar.