The House That Haunted My Dreams

Thanks for sharing this with us, it explains a lot of what you have described before. It gives a face to the story. The house itself was a very nice-looking place and was probably owned by someone of wealth long ago. It sure looked spooky in its aged condition. I am surprised the property wasn't maintained over the years; someone must have once loved it. Historic places like that are often preserved. I have no doubt that you picked up an attachment of some sort from going there, you may have a sensitivity to these things. I am glad you are free of it now. Did the problems start with the burning of the house? or did it end with that?
That's the part that eludes me. I am not sure if the dreams started before or after the fire. The paranormal stuff definitely before. The dreams went over a period of so many years, it's hard to pinpoint. Figure sometime in the 90's to not long before i joined this site in 2022. So it was a long time dealing with this. At one point i thought it was me going nuts, but after so much time, the randomness of the dreams and the 'intended bringing' me from a pleasant dream straight into that, there was no way it was imagination. I can still hear the hissing sound in my mind to this day. Such an odd sound. Very disturbing actually. It was like a constant hissing with what sounded like crunching or crackling. I could feel my entire body begin to tingle as if i were awake, but i was not. Most of the time i woke up just as it began. You certainly begin to panic when you know something is there but can't be seen and knowing it is getting closer. It wasn't until i saw it standing at the door of childhood bedroom did i have enough. I can't repeat exactly what i told it, but i made it quite clear to leave me the hell alone lol. Then that was it. No more nightmares. Had i known it was that simple long ago, i would've been rid of it sooner. I am waiting for the day it returns. I thought at one point it was attempting to come back. That was something else entirely. Something far more disturbing and sinister feeling. That was rectified very quickly now that i know how to get rid of these things.

• Hands Clapping
Reactions: ozentity and Lynne
That's the part that eludes me. I am not sure if the dreams started before or after the fire. The paranormal stuff definitely before. The dreams went over a period of so many years, it's hard to pinpoint. Figure sometime in the 90's to not long before i joined this site in 2022. So it was a long time dealing with this. At one point i thought it was me going nuts, but after so much time, the randomness of the dreams and the 'intended bringing' me from a pleasant dream straight into that, there was no way it was imagination. I can still hear the hissing sound in my mind to this day. Such an odd sound. Very disturbing actually. It was like a constant hissing with what sounded like crunching or crackling. I could feel my entire body begin to tingle as if i were awake, but i was not. Most of the time i woke up just as it began. You certainly begin to panic when you know something is there but can't be seen and knowing it is getting closer. It wasn't until i saw it standing at the door of childhood bedroom did i have enough. I can't repeat exactly what i told it, but i made it quite clear to leave me the hell alone lol. Then that was it. No more nightmares. Had i known it was that simple long ago, i would've been rid of it sooner. I am waiting for the day it returns. I thought at one point it was attempting to come back. That was something else entirely. Something far more disturbing and sinister feeling. That was rectified very quickly now that i know how to get rid of these things.
These experiences made you grow in your spirit and taught you there is more than our eyes can see in this world. Hissing is never good, I am glad you are rid of the thing.

Reactions: Selectric
Took me some time to come back to this. These experiences messed me up for such a long time. As Lynne stated, it did help me grow in spirit. That is one of the best things to come out of what, in all reality, was nothing short of an attack by something unseen. Another was finding this forum and being able to put what i went through, into some sort of clarity. I am a very different person from when i first knocked on the door of the PNF. I owe that to the supportive staff and members i now consider family and dear friends. Anyone that had or has paranormal issues can find peace. You just have to know where to begin. The information contained here on site is a great place to start.

Took me some time to come back to this. These experiences messed me up for such a long time. As Lynne stated, it did help me grow in spirit. That is one of the best things to come out of what, in all reality, was nothing short of an attack by something unseen. Another was finding this forum and being able to put what i went through, into some sort of clarity. I am a very different person from when i first knocked on the door of the PNF. I owe that to the supportive staff and members i now consider family and dear friends. Anyone that had or has paranormal issues can find peace. You just have to know where to begin. The information contained here on site is a great place to start.
I agree, Debi has done a great service to those looking for answers and support. I have grown a lot too.