The House That Haunted My Dreams

Selectric

Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
I have talked about 'my friend' often here on site. Not sure how indepth i ever got into it, but ever since the dreams ceased, it is always in the back of my mind. You would think all the thought i have put into this, the dreams would restart. They have not. Finally being rid of it awoke something in me i did not believe was real or possible. Coming to this site only further opened my mind to the unknowns surrounding us. What i went through first started as mere nightmares to something that was purely intended by something outside of myself. What that intent was, i never did find out. I guess in hindsight, not knowing is better than finishing these forced meetings with an outcome that probably was not going to end well. Also knowing now that if you want to face the paranormal foolishly head on, you need to be prepared for that moment you remember: "Be Careful What You Wish For". Because IT can and will come to give that proverbial kick to the gut. I will try to lay this out the best i can. The origins of this still elude me, but the more i piece it together, i feel in my bones it all started with the old abandoned house we entered one night...

I'll start by saying i am sad the house is no longer there. It was a historical location that stood crumbling for many years from neglect. It wasn't until the house burned to the ground that the county finally erected a sign where it once was. I have mentioned the very morning it was on fire, i knew that was where the multiple sirens were heading. Though neglected, many believed homeless found refuge in there during cold winter nights. I don't know how much refuge they found within that place because there was something in there that eventually followed me for many years.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 57
A group of friends of mine used to drive through that area back in the early 90's. Also mentioned many experiences i've had were from that very area. The night i heard my name whispered in my ear while driving alone perhaps could've been the point i was a targeted. No clue. I also had my radio go crazy while parked in front of the church just a stones throw from the abandoned house. I have never heard anything like it since. It sounded exactly like a record being spun very slow coming from my stereo. The night a few of us decided to enter the house none of us knew what to expect. I most likely thought the place would collapse on top of us shortly after going in. We searched every room we could, including the third floor room with the dormers facing the front. As we made our way downstairs, we were intent on finding the cellar. At that point, my buddy began freaking out saying he saw a figure standing in one of the rooms. As i turned to face that direction, the flashlight i was holding fell apart into three pieces. That was it for me as i just noticed those guys were running out the place as i tried to put my flashlight together in the pitch dark. Not very fun when trying to follow their waving flashlights and trying to put mine back together lol. That would be the one and only time entering the old house...while i was awake anyway.

When the dreams began, i chalked them up to normal nightmares. Once the sound and feeling began, i can't even begin to explain the dread that filled me. There were so many dreams it's hard to remember which was the first. I do remember the early ones starting out there at the abandoned house then eventually moving into my childhood home. Was this thing using old memories to latch on? Perhaps. But the first so many i can remember were just me waking up literally in an attic wondering where i was. As i made my way through, i saw an opening in the old sheathing and saw exactly where i was. That was when the feeling took hold. It was a combination of being frozen in place and hearing this terrible crunching sound. The house burned down, so the sound could've been the sound of burning paper or wood or crumbling up paper, but constant. There were so many times a dream would start out fine then all of a sudden i would end up in a dark, crumbling place. Something would make me see exactly where i was, knowing at some point i was brought to this damn place. Why i do not know. I had a dream one night i was standing in front of the large mansion across the street from the abandoned one. It was a different time or place. It was all lit up and lived in. I decided to enter and as i made my way through the very lit house, i realized i was alone. Nobody was there and then the sound came. Then i knew. I was not in the house across the highway. I was in there. Why this thing kept playing with me trying to get me back into that place is beyond me. Eventually it stopped but became my childhood home. If two locations could exist in the same place...that was how it felt. I knew it was my old house but now this thing was there inside.

I mentioned in another thread about using a ouija board. Long before entering the house, i wanted to know who's house it was. This was before internet (widespread anyway), so information was not readily available as it is now. At first i thought my girlfriend at the time was messing with me, though the look on her face could not have been passed off. I did not get the answers i wanted so began getting angry with the supposed dead child i was speaking to. Was this the being all along? Possibly. Looking back, i was led down a breadcrumb road toward this thing. Again, what the true intent was, that is anyone's guess. But as the years went by and being drawn to this place over and over for a purpose only IT knew, makes you stand back and rethink it all.

This place was built in 1750. God only knows the joy, the troubles, the strife, the horrible things that could've happened there. Maybe nothing bad ever did happen. I know not far from here an entire town was ruined by sickness. The town virtually vanished from existence. Back in the early days of our country, things were not easy. I don't care how much money or power a family had in those early settlements. Something happened in this area to leave a stain that continues to this very day. What caused that stain, i still don't know. Maybe one day i will really delve into it and find an answer.

The final dream revealed an Indian presence. This entire area was home to them and when we came to this country...well, we know the sad outcome. Was this an attempt to answer those questions i had back then? Was this someone else trying to tell me something? I do not want to go through that again to find that answer. There was pain. There was something that wanted a voice. I was not ready to fulfill that chance. Was it something else trying to open a door into me? The paranormal world is full of so many unknowns. Maybe some things are better left alone. It has left me be now for a few years. Did i make the right decision to have it all stop before whatever was revealed? Yeah. I believe so.

Did i make the right decision to have it all stop before whatever was revealed? Yeah. I believe so.
I believe you absolutely made the right choice. I have many things happen to me of a paranormal nature but I never seek them out. I have learned to be an observer of these events and not a participant. This is why I have studied the spiritual and paranormal world...but not actively sought out experiences or interaction with it. I know this stuff is real...and we simply do not have the knowledge to understand it all...yet. Someday perhaps we will, but for the moment, I'll take safety and learning about it as my path.

I believe you absolutely made the right choice. I have many things happen to me of a paranormal nature but I never seek them out. I have learned to be an observer of these events and not a participant. This is why I have studied the spiritual and paranormal world...but not actively sought out experiences or interaction with it. I know this stuff is real...and we simply do not have the knowledge to understand it all...yet. Someday perhaps we will, but for the moment, I'll take safety and learning about it as my path.
Agreed. I know now not to pursue this stuff...though at times i still get froggy lol. The span of time all of this went on still boggles my mind. I've lived in 4 houses, 2 apartments and 1 condo in my life. 1 of those houses was 100% haunted, where my childhood home i believe was haunted. Too many odd things there to dismiss, but i was young then. Besides my childhood home, this house i entered once invaded my dreams more than any familiar to me. That couldn't have been happenstance or something that didn't agree with me i ate lol. Like you said earlier, this impacted my life and belief system more than anything i've been through up until i got it to stop.