Tarot Cards

I've become interested in tarot cards and readings. I went to visit my mother in law today and out of the total blue, she mentions she's been following someone on youtube and learning slowly how to read them and understand the deck. I was in shock. I couldn't believe how random this was to me. Anyway, I don't have access to internet at the moment, so tonight I am hoping to watch these woman's youtube videos and see what she is all about. I know absolutely nothing about how to read them (I was raised in a Christian household) but my MIL said she is buying and sending a deck to my house.

Does anyone here have experience with tarot cards? Or read them?
i just started myself. i use a tarot app as well. i did use my cards before and it was spot on with the answers i was seeking

Hello everyone!
After a brief break, I am back! And happy to say I have been reading my cards every day since I started this thread. I find it so therapeudic and spot on most days! I have turned my husband on to it who asks me to read this cards, and I've opened up the hearts of other family members who I've helped pick decks for. Each full moon I've left them in the moonlight (once even out on a small table in the front yard lol) and I take the deck in my purse everywhere I go.

My next goal is to beef up my Tarot journal. I watched a youtube series where I learned about each card individually and wrote down everything. Now I am wanting to transfer that into a journal where I leave plenty of room for new information that I didn't know or learn about each card. I'm learning new things everyday!

Hello everyone!
After a brief break, I am back! And happy to say I have been reading my cards every day since I started this thread. I find it so therapeudic and spot on most days! I have turned my husband on to it who asks me to read this cards, and I've opened up the hearts of other family members who I've helped pick decks for. Each full moon I've left them in the moonlight (once even out on a small table in the front yard lol) and I take the deck in my purse everywhere I go.

My next goal is to beef up my Tarot journal. I watched a youtube series where I learned about each card individually and wrote down everything. Now I am wanting to transfer that into a journal where I leave plenty of room for new information that I didn't know or learn about each card. I'm learning new things everyday!
This is wonderful but remember not to run your life by them. They are meant to be a help or guide; I think there is a danger of not learning your life lessons and taking pride in life if the credit goes to the tarot. A check in with yourself now and then is good but daily reads on yourself may get you caught up in depending on them. This is just my opinion, and everyone has to make their own decisions on these matters. I think it is a fair warning, everything in moderation.

This is wonderful but remember not to run your life by them. They are meant to be a help or guide; I think there is a danger of not learning your life lessons and taking pride in life if the credit goes to the tarot. A check in with yourself now and then is good but daily reads on yourself may get you caught up in depending on them. This is just my opinion, and everyone has to make their own decisions on these matters. I think it is a fair warning, everything in moderation.
I can completely understand that and I respect what you said. I think in my mind, it's a way for me to step outside of myself and try to learn how to look at myself differently. How I interact with my surroundings and situations I might find myself in. I am a stay at home mom so I don't get out much these days lol. It's just a way for me to sit back, pick three cards, and see how they may or may not relate to me that morning. But I certainly don't want my life to revolve around them, so thank you.

I have a wonderful life long friend who is a nun. She has also been known to read a tarot card or two in our youth.

She made a wonderful observation of the cards that I shall repeat for anyone who has not heard it before... There is a difference between using them as divination tools vs. divine-ization tools. When we search out divine guidance, no matter what we use, we are often lead to new insights about ourselves.

I have a wonderful life long friend who is a nun. She has also been known to read a tarot card or two in our youth.

She made a wonderful observation of the cards that I shall repeat for anyone who has not heard it before... There is a difference between using them as divination tools vs. divine-ization tools. When we search out divine guidance, no matter what we use, we are often lead to new insights about ourselves.
That was a divine inspiration in my opinion. She is so right. Well stated.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I've become interested in tarot cards and readings. I went to visit my mother in law today and out of the total blue, she mentions she's been following someone on youtube and learning slowly how to read them and understand the deck. I was in shock. I couldn't believe how random this was to me. Anyway, I don't have access to internet at the moment, so tonight I am hoping to watch these woman's youtube videos and see what she is all about. I know absolutely nothing about how to read them (I was raised in a Christian household) but my MIL said she is buying and sending a deck to my house.

Does anyone here have experience with tarot cards? Or read them?
ive started myself. i pray to God beforehand and ask his wisdom. i also will do meditation before i do a reading. im still learning as well. ive just started a month ago.

ive started myself. i pray to God beforehand and ask his wisdom. i also will do meditation before i do a reading. im still learning as well. ive just started a month ago.
I am enjoying learning about what each card is, and hearing different perspectives. I love how all 78 are alike yet different.

One thing I cannot do, or perhaps can do one day, if I can keep a level head and explain it well enough, is tell my mother and brothers about what I've been doing. Each time they come to visit, I have to hide anything and everything tarot. I come from a very devout Christian family, and I know I could possibly open her heart and mind up to understand it, but honestly that's a huge emotional and albeit stressful conversation. In the meantime, I just continue to be the black sheep if you will, with skulls, ghosts, crystals and tarot cards strewn about lol.

I am enjoying learning about what each card is, and hearing different perspectives. I love how all 78 are alike yet different.

One thing I cannot do, or perhaps can do one day, if I can keep a level head and explain it well enough, is tell my mother and brothers about what I've been doing. Each time they come to visit, I have to hide anything and everything tarot. I come from a very devout Christian family, and I know I could possibly open her heart and mind up to understand it, but honestly that's a huge emotional and albeit stressful conversation. In the meantime, I just continue to be the black sheep if you will, with skulls, ghosts, crystals and tarot cards strewn about lol.
Starting the conversation with Debis friends' explanation is a good way to move forward with that situation when you are ready. My daughter is a Tarot reader, and I was very nervous at first because of my own terrible experiences with the paranormal in my teen years. I know how opening up doors can cause a whole lot of terrible to come into your life. My kid was a physic child and, in her adulthood, has decided to develop her gifts and I have accepted this. I too am a Christian believer and I hold to that faith. Since you are of the same belief, I will tell you what I told her. Keep God front and center and go to him first, do not replace the still small voice of God with the tarot. As long as it remains a guide and an insight to yourself and others you are just using a tool to get clarity. If you explain it in this way, it will go a long way to helping your family accept your new way of connecting.