Tarot Cards

Mocefice

Reaction score
I've become interested in tarot cards and readings. I went to visit my mother in law today and out of the total blue, she mentions she's been following someone on youtube and learning slowly how to read them and understand the deck. I was in shock. I couldn't believe how random this was to me. Anyway, I don't have access to internet at the moment, so tonight I am hoping to watch these woman's youtube videos and see what she is all about. I know absolutely nothing about how to read them (I was raised in a Christian household) but my MIL said she is buying and sending a deck to my house.

Does anyone here have experience with tarot cards? Or read them?

I've become interested in tarot cards and readings. I went to visit my mother in law today and out of the total blue, she mentions she's been following someone on youtube and learning slowly how to read them and understand the deck. I was in shock. I couldn't believe how random this was to me. Anyway, I don't have access to internet at the moment, so tonight I am hoping to watch these woman's youtube videos and see what she is all about. I know absolutely nothing about how to read them (I was raised in a Christian household) but my MIL said she is buying and sending a deck to my house.

Does anyone here have experience with tarot cards? Or read them?
About 20 years ago I used to do Tarot. In my experience, it was hit and miss a lot of time when I read for myself but, when somebody read for me, the majority of the cards that were laid down were very relevant to things that were going on at that time in my life. Once you get the hang of it, it’s really pretty easy it’s just learning what cards mean what. For example, the Death card, isn’t really about Death so much at all. It’s more about a beginning. My advice is don’t just pick any deck. The correct cards will call you, they will let you know which deck you need. Follow your instincts and trust your intuition and you’ll do well…..

Last edited:
I do! The first thing to do with a deck of cards, is to expose it to the light of the full moon overnight. If you don't want to wait, and want to use them right away, be sure to bless them by passing them through the smoke of or other purifying incense. Set an intention that you be guided by beings of the light, and always light a candle before doing a reading.

Here is a website (when you have internet) that gives card meanings: Tarot Card Meanings

There are books out there that show you different spreads to try. If you have any more questions, I am glad to help!

I agree about the death card, Lon. Years ago, I was itching for change in my life and did a special Halloween Tarot reading. I drew the death card, but knew that it meant big change was coming, which was what I wanted. That year I moved from PA to Florida, and in a few years I met my husband. So, it was the end of being single.

I agree about the death card, Lon. Years ago, I was itching for change in my life and did a special Halloween Tarot reading. I drew the death card, but knew that it meant big change was coming, which was what I wanted. That year I moved from PA to Florida, and in a few years I met my husband. So, it was the end of being single.
That’s a great story G ! Total success. I love hearing that it is good that they served you and the future that was displayed for you was completely accurate.

I do! The first thing to do with a deck of cards, is to expose it to the light of the full moon overnight. If you don't want to wait, and want to use them right away, be sure to bless them by passing them through the smoke of or other purifying incense. Set an intention that you be guided by beings of the light, and always light a candle before doing a reading.

Here is a website (when you have internet) that gives card meanings: Tarot Card Meanings

There are books out there that show you different spreads to try. If you have any more questions, I am glad to help!
Wonderful thank you!! I didn’t know about blessing them (obviously) so that’s really great information. Going to continue to research the art of reading tarot. She has been listening to and following “Ellie Dreams Down Under” - but my MIL essentially said to me today that she is taking one card a day out and studying that card. Understanding all that the card can mean. This way she is more in tune with each one in the deck. She also said to go through it the first time you get it and pick the ones you don’t resonate with and which ones you do, and then which one you resonate with MOST.

Anyway it was a short visit so that’s as far as it went. I so appreciate your willingness to help :)

Mo, as I understand it, it is important to note that tarot reading is interpreting the energy of the topic at the moment and isn't necessarily considered prognosticating, as a person's free will and energy change as time passes. The more people involved in the circumstances of which you are asking, the more chances of the energy and answer changing with time. This is why tarot tends to be accepted by some religions as ok because you are not opening a portal or predicting the future.

Reactions: garnetsilver

Good afternoon Garnet!

After being in an internet-less house for over two weeks, I am finally back! My first tarot deck literally arrived today and I already looked through some of the cards. I've been listening and studying to a woman I found after searching youtube (Mystic Rainn) and I loved her deep and thorough explanation of all 78 cards. I've got my notes here and I am ALSO very excited because of the full moon tonight!
I've read it's good to bless them first. Is this something you do? I don't plan to read for anyone but myself until I get more familiarized with the cards (since I haven't had tangible cards, I've only been studying each one thus far).

Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: garnetsilver
That's serendipity, about getting the cards just in time for full moon! Yes, by all means bless your cards, even if you just hold them and claim them as your own. You are on the right track with this woman Mystic, because it is good to have someone explain the cards to you. Never let anyone else touch your cards, because in time you form a relationship with them.

Another thing that I do before a reading is to call on my guardian angel to guide my answers, because lower entities may try to influence a reading. Glad to help and feel free to ask more questions! Others may weigh in here too.