Tarot Cards

I am enjoying learning about what each card is, and hearing different perspectives. I love how all 78 are alike yet different.

One thing I cannot do, or perhaps can do one day, if I can keep a level head and explain it well enough, is tell my mother and brothers about what I've been doing. Each time they come to visit, I have to hide anything and everything tarot. I come from a very devout Christian family, and I know I could possibly open her heart and mind up to understand it, but honestly that's a huge emotional and albeit stressful conversation. In the meantime, I just continue to be the black sheep if you will, with skulls, ghosts, crystals and tarot cards strewn about lol.
100 percent the same right here! i call myself a spiritualist because i believe in it all. all religions which includes crystals and terot cards etc. im also a Christian, Buddhist and i practice yoga

Starting the conversation with Debis friends' explanation is a good way to move forward with that situation when you are ready. My daughter is a Tarot reader, and I was very nervous at first because of my own terrible experiences with the paranormal in my teen years. I know how opening up doors can cause a whole lot of terrible to come into your life. My kid was a physic child and, in her adulthood, has decided to develop her gifts and I have accepted this. I too am a Christian believer and I hold to that faith. Since you are of the same belief, I will tell you what I told her. Keep God front and center and go to him first, do not replace the still small voice of God with the tarot. As long as it remains a guide and an insight to yourself and others you are just using a tool to get clarity. If you explain it in this way, it will go a long way to helping your family accept your new way of connecting.
Thank you so much Lynne, very kind of you to put into words what I'd like to express to them. Sometimes when something is very important to me, I tend to lose my way even though my brain knows what to say. I get defensive and forget everything I wanted to say.
I still believe in God for sure, but I feel like I'm just going through something in my life where I am looking down different avenues. My husband calls it "fear based" faith (it was basically beaten into me because if I don't believe, I will burn in hell). Just taking a journey for myself, for once, and doing things I want to do, not because someone else expects me to or that's what they want for me.
<3

I am glad that you are learning new ways to connect with spirit, Mocefice! As Lynne and Debi said it all, I will just agree that keeping yourself centered in light will help enormously!

• Love
Reactions: Mocefice and Lynne
100 percent the same right here! i call myself a spiritualist because i believe in it all. all religions which includes crystals and terot cards etc. im also a Christian, Buddhist and i practice yoga
I want to respect other people's religion. Without getting too into it, I was raised in the church and spent many days a week there. Youth choir, bible study, younglife, you name it. And we were always out spreading the word to others, and it was almost like a contest, if you will. "How many people can you convert?" Just because you aren't a Christian doesn't mean your religion doesn't have similar beliefs and morals. Idk.

I want to get in touch with the earth, moon and stars. I want to listen to the universe and see where it takes me and where it wants me to go.

• Love
Reactions: garnetsilver
I want to respect other people's religion. Without getting too into it, I was raised in the church and spent many days a week there. Youth choir, bible study, younglife, you name it. And we were always out spreading the word to others, and it was almost like a contest, if you will. "How many people can you convert?" Just because you aren't a Christian doesn't mean your religion doesn't have similar beliefs and morals. Idk.

I want to get in touch with the earth, moon and stars. I want to listen to the universe and see where it takes me and where it wants me to go.
No one was suggesting alternate religions do not have morals nor were they being disparaged. If you were referring to my mentioning the Christian religion when answering, it was what you expressed being raised in.

Reactions: garnetsilver
No one was suggesting alternate religions do not have morals nor were they being disparaged. If you were referring to my mentioning the Christian religion when answering, it was what you expressed being raised in.
No no no, I didn't mean for it to come off that way. I was just starting a new conversation based on what Jellyforspongebob had said. That they were 100% in a similar boat. So I was just piggybacking off their comment. I meant no ill will by it.

Reactions: Lynne
I was just diving deeper into my background and upbringing is all.