Talking about protective shields

Good question. We’ll wait to have debi weigh in on this
Lynne, you, my angel, have a stellar background working within the juvenile detention system as an officer for many years. I'm betting you have worked with your own kind of shields for a long time and just not realized it. I think your deep faith has been at work for you. Prayer can also build a shield to work from, and I suspect that may be yours.

As far as waiting for me, hey, guys and gals....speak up! I learn from all of you daily. :)

Time for me to ask for shielding advice please. Let me set the context for my question in the next two paragraphs.

I work as a technical IT trainer; I’ve done this exclusively for the medical field. For the past 20 years, I've worked in the administrative and finance parts of medicine but as of last week I’ve moved into the clinical side. This will greatly increase my exposure to patients.

So I’m an empath too - there Debi I said it. I’m very comfortable with working inside a well shielded situation and in most cases without shields too. When my shields are down, I am susceptible to feeling just about anything from anyone in need. But being unshielded has helped me too in my work as an educator.

I’m moving into a more clinical IT position with much more patient access. I want to work with my shields down so that I can feel the needs of my learners BUT I also feel like I will have to work with my shields up to protect me from the patients’ energies. I don’t have any experience with any inbetween state - I only know shields up or shields down. Any advice for how to deal with my dual shielding needs???? Is there a middle ground form of empathic protection????

Thank you all sincerely for sharing your advice, your experiences, and your thought provoking questions.
Filters...some call then nets. After 30+ years in the medical field working nursing with hospice and geriatrics, I can tell you they work.

You are right...you WANT to be able to feel. Just not be hit with it all full force. Build your "shield" as a porous filter....like a clear coffee filter. The water/energy comes through but the big clumps of coffee/pain/panic/emotions stay on the other side of the filter. You still feel what is around you, but the intensity is muted. Think muffler on a car for another analogy here. You can also use a light net...this lets more through but blocks the big emotions. Depends on how tight you make your netting. Same general principle as full shields...less energy required for these.

I'm also going to suggest to you to use some kind of cleansing ritual after shift. Working in the medical field, not only can germs jump on us physically, illness emotions can try and linger on mentally and begin to affect you physically.

Filters...some call then nets. After 30+ years in the medical field working nursing with hospice and geriatrics, I can tell you they work.

You are right...you WANT to be able to feel. Just not be hit with it all full force. Build your "shield" as a porous filter....like a clear coffee filter. The water/energy comes through but the big clumps of coffee/pain/panic/emotions stay on the other side of the filter. You still feel what is around you, but the intensity is muted. Think muffler on a car for another analogy here. You can also use a light net...this lets more through but blocks the big emotions. Depends on how tight you make your netting. Same general principle as full shields...less energy required for these.

I'm also going to suggest to you to use some kind of cleansing ritual after shift. Working in the medical field, not only can germs jump on us physically, illness emotions can try and linger on mentally and begin to affect you physically.
So is this done through visualization and intent ? Just picture it there and believe it is doing what is intended ?

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
So is this done through visualization and intent ? Just picture it there and believe it is doing what is intended ?
Intention actually does move energy, Lynne. Visualize and see it in your mind's eye. The Bible tells you that you can move mountains. I believe this to be an analogy for moving energy. Prayer moves energy.
Mark 11:23-24 ESV
Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Jadamz, I graduated from the School for Creative and Performing Arts. I lived with drama kings and queens for two years so I know the energetic trauma that comes from being with a certain kind of personality type. Recognizing your risk is part of being able to protect yourself and work within the confines of that industry.

My earlier thread containing the origin of my coin necklace is titled, “I think I astral projected - here is my experience.”

aha!
then you know....

and I meant to say Morocco....(and Turkey)

the nomadic life...very close friend of mine is Bedouin

That’s an equally beautiful icon jadamz. Thank you for sharing it with me.

How long have you had the tattoo and what was it (besides your heritage) that triggered the decision to ink the symbol on your skin?

it's my grandfather's legacy-he was very proud of his Cherokee blood. it was a cumbrous task but last year i was finally able to get my member of the Cherokee tribe # (oodles of red tape and i imagine one sweet,old Cherokee lady with a manual typewriter printing them out!) haha i have my # above the symbol

Jadamz, I graduated from the School for Creative and Performing Arts. I lived with drama kings and queens for two years so I know the energetic trauma that comes from being with a certain kind of personality type. Recognizing your risk is part of being able to protect yourself and work within the confines of that industry.

My earlier thread containing the origin of my coin necklace is titled, “I think I astral projected - here is my experience.”
thanks for link

Intention actually does move energy, Lynne. Visualize and see it in your mind's eye. The Bible tells you that you can move mountains. I believe this to be an analogy for moving energy. Prayer moves energy.
Mark 11:23-24 ESV
Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
This makes perfect since.

Reactions: Debi

Isn’t this the point where I say “DOH!” Debi. The airy, holey, netty idea should have been obvious to me. Thank you for pointing that out for me.

As for the cleansing spell, anyone want to offer up an idea for (or link to) one please? I haven’t done one of those for at least a dozen years; that is undeniably something I’ve forgotten but did once know how to do. I think they sound something like, “Lather, rinse, repeat.”

Reactions: Debi
“Lather, rinse, repeat.”
I did that literally, and visualized that energy running right down the drain back into the earth for further cleansing. As for spells, create one that is "yours". These work most effectively. My rule is keep it short so you are more likely to actually use it daily.

You can also do an aura "brush" with the hands and throw it off.