Talking about protective shields

i very much like your avatar.what is it?

Thank you Jadamz for asking.

It is a hand painted Moroccan five francs coin I wear on a chain around my neck. As described in detail in another thread in this forum, it is a iconology that I saw in (what I believe to be) an OBE which includes a visit with several non-threatening entities.

I ran into this coin with the exact same imagery three months later at a craft show and, of course, had to buy it. I’ve worn it ever since then.

Lynne has supposed that the imagery could be a tie into or possibly lead me to the source for my psychic abilities.

Reactions: jadamz and Lynne
I appreciate WanDs filling in the specifics/fine details for me. I believe him to be similarly trained in many areas as myself.

Thank you for the support and props up Debi. I only wish that was in fact the case.

I’ve got maybe 150 hours in education - mostly on Wicca. 100 hours is actually a better estimate; but, I’m including in the 150 hours estimate my time invested in private coffee house meetings with witches (1-on-1 or small groups) who were open to having deep discussions on ad hoc magick topics. I tried to do some solo research flying under the radar before I stepped into any classes or attended any Wicca circle rituals.

What I’ve shared in my first comment in this thread comes from a short (8 hour) class on meditation and self-hypnosis where I learned to create a shield of white light for protection.

The rest of my points in this thread including those on releasing energy are my own personal strategies gleaned only from doing energy manipulation very wrong. Though it might read as if it was well learned from a class, a teacher, or even a published work but it was not. I’ve accidentally released energy into the ether containing some of my own poorly intended, selfish desires with disastrous (even felony level) results.

What I shared in my prior comment is my own personal process for handling energy based upon a combination of real reverence for each sources’ right of ownership over its own energy and my self earned humility. It sounds learned only because I’ve been forced to formalize my energy manipulations to ensure I don’t ignorantly have another misstep.

Last edited:
Time for me to ask for shielding advice please. Let me set the context for my question in the next two paragraphs.

I work as a technical IT trainer; I’ve done this exclusively for the medical field. For the past 20 years, I've worked in the administrative and finance parts of medicine but as of last week I’ve moved into the clinical side. This will greatly increase my exposure to patients.

So I’m an empath too - there Debi I said it. I’m very comfortable with working inside a well shielded situation and in most cases without shields too. When my shields are down, I am susceptible to feeling just about anything from anyone in need. But being unshielded has helped me too in my work as an educator.

I’m moving into a more clinical IT position with much more patient access. I want to work with my shields down so that I can feel the needs of my learners BUT I also feel like I will have to work with my shields up to protect me from the patients’ energies. I don’t have any experience with any inbetween state - I only know shields up or shields down. Any advice for how to deal with my dual shielding needs???? Is there a middle ground form of empathic protection????

Thank you all sincerely for sharing your advice, your experiences, and your thought provoking questions.

Time for me to ask for shielding advice please. Let me set the context for my question in the next two paragraphs.

I work as a technical IT trainer; I’ve done this exclusively for the medical field. For the past 20 years, I've worked in the administrative and finance parts of medicine but as of last week I’ve moved into the clinical side. This will greatly increase my exposure to patients.

So I’m an empath too - there Debi I said it. I’m very comfortable with working inside a well shielded situation and in most cases without shields too. When my shields are down, I am susceptible to feeling just about anything from anyone in need. But being unshielded has helped me too in my work as an educator.

I’m moving into a more clinical IT position with much more patient access. I want to work with my shields down so that I can feel the needs of my learners BUT I also feel like I will have to work with my shields up to protect me from the patients’ energies. I don’t have any experience with any inbetween state - I only know shields up or shields down. Any advice for how to deal with my dual shielding needs???? Is there a middle ground form of empathic protection????

Thank you all sincerely for sharing your advice, your experiences, and your thought provoking questions.
Good question. We’ll wait to have debi weigh in on this

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Good question. We’ll wait to have debi weigh in on this

Yes - certainly. But I’m impressed you too Lynne have a background in social medicine. Can you contribute input maybe on how to prepare for - or recover from - especially draining days?

Reactions: jadamz

Hi wanDs,
I'm looking forward to reading responses to your thought provoking questions. I work in the film industry and it has always been an energetic challenge to work closely with actors on film sets that are often nothing short of chaotic. I am currently in L.A after a 10 month absence and I am astounded by the invasive and disruptive energies of this city.
I am grateful to be able to do a large part of my recent work on SKYPE away from L.A. Can be so difficult to tell if what I am feeling is from me or others but feel it I do.

yes, that symbol is truly magnetic.I have a fond connection to Turkey...this symbol....it makes me happy and feels extremely powerful. I am hunting for the thread where it was discussed

Hi wanDs,
I'm looking forward to reading responses to your thought provoking questions. I work in the film industry and it has always been an energetic challenge to work closely with actors on film sets that are often nothing short of chaotic. I am currently in L.A after a 10 month absence and I am astounded by the invasive and disruptive energies of this city.
I am grateful to be able to do a large part of my recent work on SKYPE away from L.A. Can be so difficult to tell if what I am feeling is from me or others but feel it I do.

yes, that symbol is truly magnetic.I have a fond connection to Turkey...this symbol....it makes me happy and feels extremely powerful. I am hunting for the thread where it was discussed

for some reason the symbol reminds me of the cherokee flag. I know it is quite different but something about it . I am cherokee and I actually have the star and the laurel wreath tattooed on my wrist.

Attachments

• images.png
    images.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 151
Hi wanDs,

Jadamz, I graduated from the School for Creative and Performing Arts. I lived with drama kings and queens for two years so I know the energetic trauma that comes from being with a certain kind of personality type. Recognizing your risk is part of being able to protect yourself and work within the confines of that industry.

My earlier thread containing the origin of my coin necklace is titled, “I think I astral projected - here is my experience.”

for some reason the symbol reminds me of the cherokee flag. I know it is quite different but something about it . I am cherokee and I actually have the star and the laurel wreath tattooed on my wrist.

That’s an equally beautiful icon jadamz. Thank you for sharing it with me.

How long have you had the tattoo and what was it (besides your heritage) that triggered the decision to ink the symbol on your skin?

Reactions: Debi