T minus 3 days....

Weather is slightly more favorable than expected Right now here in Central Florida though there are storm risks later today. Current chance for launch is at 60% likelihood.
What time is this scheduled? When I lived in FL, we always had the 3PM downpour in the summer! You could set your clock by them!

You've got it Debi - the downpour here south of Daytona Beach started 20 minutes ago. There are rain and storm clouds circling the Cape but the astronauts are being transported to the launch pad right now.

Lift off is targeted for 4:33 PM Eastern.

I am 55 miles from the Cape.

Reactions: Debi and 7Critter
You've got it Debi - the downpour here south of Daytona Beach started 20 minutes ago. There are rain and storm clouds circling the Cape but the astronauts are being transported to the launch pad right now.

Lift off is targeted for 4:33 PM Eastern.

I am 55 miles from the Cape.
You should have a good view! We will be on the chat thread for discussion during lift off!

Launch was just now scrubbed. Another attempt is planned for Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter
Different Central Florida news outlets are predicting between 40% and 60% of go for launch based on their weather forecasts for Saturday. Rain with chance of lightening is common in all forecasts.

As you pointed out Debi, Summer has arrived in Florida. Weather could be like this every day through September.

Reactions: 7Critter
New Different Central Florida news outlets are predicting between 40% and 60% of go for launch based on their weather forecasts for Saturday. Rain with chance of lightening is common in all forecasts.
So they could go thru the same sequence Saturday and scrub again ? This must be tough for all involved in the project. One guess on my part:. They will make the go - no go call before starting the fueling on Saturday.