T minus 3 days....

Moving to chat thread! This may happen today.

Boatload of local TV reporting with newscasters I’ve never seen before. Seems like everyone with a tie to the news is covering some spot along the coast.

Reactions: Debi
Local news playing the human aspects about sons watching their Dads launch. I need a tissue.

Storm expected at the Cape within minutes but wind shifted and it seems to be moving away. Just some light rain now. Lightning 40 miles south.

Reactions: Lynne
NASA and SpaceX are go for historic launch

The launch is now set for Wednesday at 4:33 p.m. from launchpad 39A at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

If all goes well, it would be the first launch of NASA astronauts to space from U.S. soil since the space shuttle program was retired nearly a decade ago, and it would be the first time a private company had boosted people to orbit.
I totally missed this one!!!! I didn’t catch it on the news or tv. Very odd! This should have been a big news event.

Reactions: Debi
I will say a special prayer for the safety of the astronauts as they will invest the greatest risks of all.

I would love to see this live test run so smoothly that it might help accelerate our plans for another moon landing.

It would be just so awesome to see movement towards a permanent moon base.
I have wondered if we didn’t already have one there. There really could be a secret space program.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I just watched a locally produced one hour news special about tomorrow’s historical space flight. I’m pumped up and teary eyed about our opportunities.

Please pray for a safe voyage for our astronauts, for success for our dreamers and our engineers who are sometimes but not always one and the same, and for all of the millions of healing Americans who could be inspired again by this science fiction-less mission.

(I’ll even put on my Red Shirt and volunteer to be part of the landing party if I can help these guys and gals succeed!)
You can go but no RED SHIRT, nopey!