Some new activity

Thanks for sharing your story, WandS. I think that you Dad was saying hello and to let you know that he will always be there for you. Dads care. They don't always show it like Moms do. Did anything similar occur on his anniversary in later years ?

Thanks for sharing your story, WandS. I think that you Dad was saying hello and to let you know that he will always be there for you. Dads care. They don't always show it like Moms do. Did anything similar occur on his anniversary in later years ?

Dads care for certain 7. My Dad was kind of a manly man and had (what I believe to be) undiagnosed PTSD so he often had a hard time showing his love...but not always...he was incredibly cuddly at times too.

I have a second story still to post about something paranormal that occurred not long after his death. But to the best of my recollection, I haven’t noticed any messages from him since then.

Reactions: 7Critter and Lynne
To make good on my second of two commitments to this thread, I'm posting below another mystical occurrence which I believe was a form of contact with my then recently deceased (1989) Dad. This is a different kind of experience - one that I've not heard told by anyone else before.

As I mentioned in my previous post, my Dad and I had some few recurring battles and recurring teases too. What will be relevant here is his continuous teasing. So on a related note, my Dad had a bad back and as he got older it became increasingly more painful for him to bend and twist. So one thing I did to help my family get around was to ensure that every new car I got had both larger doors and bigger front seats than the prior car I had. My Mom was a small woman and nimble; so she'd ride in the back seat of my cars. But I wanted to ensure that my Dad had the easiest entry and the most comfortable seat possible. To this point, he would say to me way, way, way too often, "Jeez, your car rides so smooth", "These seats are so comfortable", "I love riding with you", or some other similar endearing nonsense.

So I'm going to try to save everyone here a massive wall of text and get to the point. I believe that on at least three different occasions within the first three months after my Dad died, he "took another ride with me".

My belief comes from the look on the faces of other drivers on the interstates and freeways of Southern California. On at least three different occasions I happen to look over to the car on my immediate left or right and saw what can best be described as Shaggy's scared "zoinks" face (from the Scooby-Doo cartoons) staring back at me from the other motorists on the road. Each time, this look was followed immediately by the drivers trying very aggressively to pull away and create some distance from my car.

Though I could not see him myself, I believe that my Dad's ghost was next to me in my front passenger seat and visible to other drivers. My Dad used to like to scare some people; so I don't doubt he found some gruesome looking Beetlejuice-like gags to pull on the other drivers.

[If anyone wants me to describe more details about one of the three similar occurrences, I will; however, I won't post details on all three because they were all similar enough.]

Though I don't recall the details of my Brother's nor my Sister's own experiences, I know for certain they both felt that Dad had tried to communicate with them too. I do know for certain - even without recalling their details today - that the situations for our Dad’s perceived contacts were very personal to each of us as in the car incidents posted above.

Last edited:
To make good on my second of two commitments to this thread, I'm posting below another mystical occurrence which I believe was a form of contact with my then recently deceased (1989) Dad. This is a different kind of experience - one that I've not heard told by anyone else before.

As I mentioned in my previous post, my Dad and I had some few recurring battles and recurring teases too. What will be relevant here is his continuous teasing. So on a related note, my Dad had a bad back and as he got older it became increasingly more painful for him to bend and twist. So one thing I did to help my family get around was to ensure that every new car I got had both larger doors and bigger front seats than the prior car I had. My Mom was a small woman and nimble; so she'd ride in the back seat of my cars. But I wanted to ensure that my Dad had the easiest entry and the most comfortable seat possible. To this point, he would say to me way, way, way too often, "Jeez, your car rides so smooth", "These seats are so comfortable", "I love riding with you", or some other similar endearing nonsense.

So I'm going to try to save everyone here a massive wall of text and get to the point. I believe that on at least three different occasions within the first three months after my Dad died, he "took another ride with me".

My belief comes from the look on the faces of other drivers on the interstates and freeways of Southern California. On at least three different occasions I happen to look over to the car on my immediate left or right and saw what can best be described as Shaggy's scared "zoinks" face (from the Scooby-Doo cartoons) staring back at me from the other motorists on the road. Each time, this look was followed immediately by the drivers trying very aggressively to pull away and create some distance from my car.

Though I could not see him myself, I believe that my Dad's ghost was next to me in my front passenger seat and visible to other drivers. My Dad used to like to scare some people; so I don't doubt he found some gruesome looking Beetlejuice-like gags to pull on the other drivers.

[If anyone wants me to describe more details about one of the three similar occurrences, I will; however, I won't post details on all three because they were all similar enough.]

Though I don't recall the details of my Brother's nor my Sister's own experiences, I know for certain they both felt that Dad had tried to communicate with them too. I do know for certain - even without recalling their details today - that the situations for our Dad’s perceived contacts were very personal to each of us as in the car incidents posted above.
What a great account! I think your dad was a wonderful man to do this. I never get tired of reading your posts Wands. Tell us as much as your comfortable with.

Reactions: garnetsilver
What a great account! I think your dad was a wonderful man to do this. I never get tired of reading your posts Wands. Tell us as much as your comfortable with.

I do have one last Dead Dad tale to tell. It’s one that I have already posted about many months ago but I only gave it a three sentence investment. In reality, I need to post a more complete tale which deserves eight to twelve sentences instead.

I do have one last Dead Dad tale to tell. It’s one that I have already posted about many months ago but I only gave it a three sentence investment. In reality, I need to post a more complete tale which deserves eight to twelve sentences instead.
When your ready Wands. I understand thinking on your dad probably makes you miss him. I know you have really expanded my thinking on some topics.

When your ready Wands. I understand thinking on your dad probably makes you miss him. I know you have really expanded my thinking on some topics.

Okay Lynn and Fellow PNF'er, here is my final tale. So this is the third post about what I believe to be past contacts with my deceased (since 1989) Dad.

In my other two posts, I shared that he and I had some personal battles and serious teasings which both seemed to play into my earlier stories of contacts with him. I believe this third instance also ties into one of our long time personal battles. It helps to point out again that I believe my Dad had an un-diagnosed case of PTSD caused by fighting in two wars and being an MIA. So let me explain how this third relevant personal battle used to look. Randomly, my Dad would appear to zone-out. His posture would become relaxed, his facial expressions turned blank, and he'd stare. I always felt that he was staring directly at me - and it made me feel when I was younger that I was the cause or the target of his actions (or inaction). But we always lived in a small home - a.k.a., crowded - where everything in any room was within eyesight of everyone in that room. So I was probably misreading the direction of his dulled forward looking gaze. But it still freaked me out just the same and I'd always yell to my Mom to get her attention that, "Mom...Dad's looking at me again!". She'd yell back in an even tone, "WandS-Dad, stop looking at your Son."

What follows might sound a little familiar because I posted on the PNF a shorter, incomplete version of this occurrence sometime in the past year.

Now jump ahead to 1999 to a time when I had just bought a condo. Once moved in, I continued there my 15 year daily tradition of getting up sometime around 5:00 AM to go sleep in a luke warm tub for an added 30 minutes. This was also a part of my common (but not necessarily daily) meditation ritual. There I am laying in my tub on what I believe to be just another average early morning, that is until I felt compelled to open my eyes. There was a adult male crouched down next to me - staring at me from approximately the same level at which I was laying in the tub. He was bent at the knees and appeared to be balancing on the balls of his feet. I immediately sat up tossing water everywhere - and "he" was gone. I was seriously scared as my conscious mind first tried to make sense of the possibility that there might be an intruder in my condo.

I jumped out of the tub and grabbed a towel to barely dry some few random parts of me as I leaped into the attached bedroom and found no one there. I grabbed whatever clothing was laying around on the floor (I was a single a guy so don't judge) and quickly reached into my dresser for underwear and socks. Suddenly I could see the same guy standing behind me - he was slightly taller than me and he was looking over my left shoulder in which case I assumed he was interested in the content of my dresser.

I spun to my right hoping not to make contact with him in my crowded bedroom, tossed the bath towel to the floor (guy remember), ran down the short hall, then across the small living room, and out the front door grabbing my keys just before I slammed the door behind me. Though intensely scared and wanting to get some distance between me and my condo, I was also mostly wet and completely nude. So I took the few seconds needed to slip into my underwear and shorts then ran down the common stairwell still trying to make as little additional noise as possible so as not to disturb my neighbors. The door slamming was enough noise at that time of the morning. Once I got to my car in the underground garage, I stopped to get fully dressed; I then continued my morning routine by driving one block to the nearest of eight Starbucks in my community for dark coffee and a pastry.

In the days following the event, I had told this story to only two of my closest confidantes. The one thing I have never said before (so this is a first for me) is that I was convinced the "ghost" I saw was my Dad for at least three key reasons. First, he had my Dad's face, hair, and smile. Second, he was wearing a brown pinstriped suit like my Dad wore in a beautiful portrait I have of him, and the ghost appeared to me in sepia tones too like in the portrait. Third, I could not see his eyes! Where his eye balls should be there were two dark voids - not holes, not empty bloody eye sockets - but fuzzy dark voids. The second time I saw him standing behind me, "looking over my left shoulder", I could strongly sense his gaze yet it was clear (he was less than a foot away) that I could not see his eyeballs.

I know what I saw as soon as my eyes opened - there was never any doubt about the look. But I don't know if in spirit my Dad did - or even if he could try to - control how he presented himself to me visibly. If not, then it's easy for me to accept that instead my sleeping psychic mind detected his presence in the bathroom with me and then created the imagery from my own recollections so that I could "see" something both human-like and familiar. It still f***ing freaked me out regardless waking to find anyone next to me while I slept.

I wished I'd have had the sense enough at that moment to yell out, "Mom...Dad's looking at me again!"...or at least I think he is.

Last edited:
Wands I would have had a heart attack !! Did you get a gut intuition of what he was there for?

Did your dad ever say why he stared at you as a Child?

Ok I have a very odd question and if it’s off base forgive me and move on. Here goes. There have been accounts of babies given to military families to raise. Possibly from alien and government cooperation. These children usually have special abilities and odd background stories. Of course this is conspiracy theory and the people making these statements may be delusional or lieing. Any possibility you were one of these children ?

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Nope, I never got any answers as to why my Dad had that stare. It could have been something as simple as a moment of rest (he certainly worked hard all his life) or, though unlikely I think, some kind of minor seizure. Could have been flash backs to the war. Whatever it was - meaningful or mundane - at least he always looked at peace...it just looked eerie to a childhood me at the same time. My Mom certainly didn’t seem concerned; but then again, she might not have ever seen it happen.

I’ve got enough weirdness emanating from me that I’m not in need of another personal conspiracy theory yet. That said, I still have zero problem repeating that I died during my birth and was resuscitated.

But let’s add this fun X-files level background...there was a UFO reported over the place where I was conceived and born eight months before my birth (Tyndall AFB, Florida, 1961, can be found in public records of Project Blue Book).

Plus, even as recent as this summer’s visit with my older Brother, he reminded me and my GF of how much - practically identical - I look like our Dad. But, my Brother also recalled how much our parents had changed after my birth. My Brother repeatedly refers to it as, with their attitudes and behaviors being so changed that “...we seemed to have been raised by different people.” Maybe I’m a clone :confused:

Last edited:
Nope, I never got any answers as to why my Dad had that stare. It could have been something as simple as a moment of rest (he certainly worked hard all his life) or, though unlikely I think, some kind of minor seizure. Could have been flash backs to the war. Whatever it was - meaningful or mundane - at least he always looked at peace...it just looked eerie to a childhood me at the same time. My Mom certainly didn’t seem concerned; but then again, she might not have ever seen it happen.

I’ve got enough weirdness emanating from me that I’m not in need of another personal conspiracy theory yet. That said, I still have zero problem repeating that I died during my birth and was resuscitated.

But let’s add this fun X-files level background...there was a UFO reported over the place where I was conceived and born eight months before my birth (Tyndall AFB, Florida, 1961, can be found in public records of Project Blue Book).

Plus, even as recent as this summer’s visit with my older Brother, he reminded me and my GF of how much - practically identical - I look like our Dad. But, my Brother also recalled how much our parents had changed after my birth. My Brother repeatedly refers to it as, with their attitudes and behaviors being so changed that “...we seemed to have been raised by different people.” Maybe I’m a clone :confused:
Well you certainly seem to have become a really good person that is a contributing member of society regardless of the high strangeness surrounding you.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman