Some new activity

Clairaudience is an extremely rare occurrence for me Debi. I believe I have only experienced it twice - once with each of my parents.

1989 - A couple of months after my Dad’s death, I very clearly heard him call my name aloud. I was awake at the time without too much environmental audio clutter at the time.

1993 - It was very early morning and there was no meaningful noise inside nor around my condo as I rushed to put on shoes to meet my Brother at the ER where my Mom was taken in critical condition. As I pulled on my second shoe, I clearly heard about three seconds of mixed medical equipment sounds - beeps and blips and whines - I raised my head up to look around my living room and then nothing - total silence. I knew immediately my Mom was gone. I grabbed for and cradled the phone for about 15 seconds before it rang; it was the ER doctor calling to tell me that my Mom had just been pronounced dead.
Thanks for the response, Wands, and sorry for my late response back to you. (It's been a weird week...lol) I believe clairaudience is probably the most unusual of the abilities as I think it takes more energy for the other side to make audio connection. Just my opinion, but it seems to require more of a "boost"

I had another round of clairaudience when my mom was dying and another last year from my husband while he was semi comatose in the hospital. Both of those events actually had verification to go with them. In the first one, my sister was in another room and both of us heard my dad. I told my sister half of what I heard and she finished the statement for me, therefore we knew we both heard the same thing. With hubs I wrote that account out here on site and a nurse verified my hubs was calling out what I heard at home and told my kids I heard.

Thanks for the response, Wands, and sorry for my late response back to you. (It's been a weird week...lol) I believe clairaudience is probably the most unusual of the abilities as I think it takes more energy for the other side to make audio connection. Just my opinion, but it seems to require more of a "boost"

I had another round of clairaudience when my mom was dying and another last year from my husband while he was semi comatose in the hospital. Both of those events actually had verification to go with them. In the first one, my sister was in another room and both of us heard my dad. I told my sister half of what I heard and she finished the statement for me, therefore we knew we both heard the same thing. With hubs I wrote that account out here on site and a nurse verified my hubs was calling out what I heard at home and told my kids I heard.

Hurray for validation and verification.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Hi Debi, I experience Clairaudience more often than i would like. I hear my name and other conversations. Love&Light

Reactions: Debi and Lynne
Some of you are aware my home life is in a bit of a whirl lately. With this said, I'm suddenly having some clairaudient episodes. In the last few days, I've "heard" my name called three times. Clear as a bell, male voice, kind voice, nothing scary....but it's not anyone here doing it. I've ruled out TV, radio, kids, etc. I've also had a glimpse or two of "something" in the doorway. Just a brief flash of light moving and gone.

I'm giving a report on it as I like to document any of this type of activity publicly when I can. Now, I've asked through prayer to have angels sent to help, so I won't rule that out, either.

Anyone here ever have clairaudient experiences? I've had a few, but they are not my normal means of communication with the other side.

In public, I brush it off as my name is pretty popular. However, it do have these moments now and then. Or, I will swear I hear my name and ask my wife if she was talking to me just to confirm she hasn't. Sometimes, I am not sure if I have heard something, but in my old house I would hear my name. But the voice didn't match any of my family members. Typically, I feel more of something trying to get my attention. Almost like a name called or you wonder if it has been. But not quite sure if it had.

Reactions: Lynne
Hello,

My first post here. I haven't experienced anything like this in a long time. But in my teens I would hear people saying my name when I lived in my parents house, it was a weird sensation because it would always feel like someone was running right past my ear. I would also hear children laughing in my house (although there were no children) and that one really freaked me out. I mentioned it once to my parents and then never told them again because it had freaked me out too much and I was starting to worry I was losing it :eek:. Once the child's laughter was accompanied by black smoke swirling above my head on the roof, creepy stuff.

Hello,

My first post here. I haven't experienced anything like this in a long time. But in my teens I would hear people saying my name when I lived in my parents house, it was a weird sensation because it would always feel like someone was running right past my ear. I would also hear children laughing in my house (although there were no children) and that one really freaked me out. I mentioned it once to my parents and then never told them again because it had freaked me out too much and I was starting to worry I was losing it :eek:. Once the child's laughter was accompanied by black smoke swirling above my head on the roof, creepy stuff.
Hi SpOoks, and welcome to the forum! Nice to have you with us.

Yes, these kind of experiences can be a bit unnerving at times. I've been around it long enough now I kind of just go with the flow.

I appreciate so much when you share your expierences because it reinforces my belief of life after death. I have faith but personal expierences give my beliefs color. It’s nice to know we will retain our thoughts and identity when we pass.

As promised Lynn, here is a personal tale which is kind of related to my Jul 27, 2018 post in this thread; this is about a possible physical event rather than audio:

I don't believe that I have posted on the PNF about these two occurrences before. I have made a point at least once in the past about the fact that my Dad and I, though I loved him dearly, had some few recurring battles and recurring teases too when I was a kid. I'm going to share what I believe are paranormal occurrences related to two of our most common interactions.

I'll post first about "turning off the lights" and then share about the second instance later in a different post on this same thread. [Mods feel free to slide me into another place if you like]. Though as a military family we moved frequently in my earliest years, we were mostly (but not completely) settled by the time I was 11 years old. My Mom and Dad bought a duplex and we moved into one side which was a small place of about 800 square feet. Because it was a duplex, it shared one wall with our neighbors who were actually my Sister, BIL, and Nephew. That one shared wall had no windows at all and because of the way the other rooms were arranged, the entire duplex was always shaded or dark.

I was very much afraid of the dark until age 16. So as I walked through the tiny house, I'd turn on lights. Then as I came back through the house, I'd leave them on. My Dad would walk behind me and turn them off reminding me about the "cost of electricity". This went on for at least five years.

My Dad died when I was 27. I wasn't with him at that moment instead learning about his death by picking up a voice message on my recorder at home; the message was from my Sister at about 3:45PM telling me he'd just had a massive heart attack and died.

At that time, I was living with two roommates and a really smart German Shepard (who I've posted on PNF about before). The way we three lived was we each had taken a smaller secondary bedroom and we used the master bedroom as a community lounge for TV and video games. Though we all shared both the second bathroom and the master bath, because it made getting ready for work faster in the morning, I had solo control over the HUGE master bedroom closet because I had so much stuff to store. This closet was so big that it had two light switches - one outside (on the wall in the master bath) and one inside; the switches were configured so either switch could turn the light on or off depending on the setting of the other switch.

I was typically the first person home from work each day usually arriving 15-30 minutes before the other two. I would infrequently find that the light was on inside the master closest, and then I'd turn it off. Not a big deal to me as any one of the three of us might have accidentally triggered the light from the outside switch on the wall of the master bath while preparing for work. But it happened frequently enough that I started asking my roommates if they had been "going into the closet and getting into my stuff?" "Of course not..." was the typical answer.

On occasion when I was the last person to leave the house, I'd go through and ensure that all lights were off including the one in the master closet (by opening the closet door to look inside). But I'd still come home and sometimes find that closet light was on. When I'd share that point with my roomies, they'd joke and tell me the dog turned it on...just like she was able to turn on the water on bathtub (that's for realz by the way).

So now jump ahead at least six months. One roomie is moving out to get married, he's taking the dog with him, the other roomie adopted his niece and nephew and moves into his crazy disowned sister's home to care for them. Hence I'm alone. But the master closet light thing still happens infrequently.

Once they moved out, I moved my bed into the master bedroom. The cable box in the bedroom which was on top of the TV had a green LED that showed the time; and, I placed my mechanical alarm clock on top of that. It was my routine to get up at 4:30AM on week days. One morning the alarm goes off, and I sit up to see that the cable box indicated it was 3:30AM. So I grab the clock and reset the alarm forwards by one hour to 4:30AM uncertain how it got set to 3:30AM in the first place. I fall back asleep and am awaked by the alarm an hour later. I grab the clock to turn off the alarm and see that the mechanical alarm clock indicates it's 3:30AM instead of 4:30AM. The cable box is correct though - it displays 4:30AM. And I tried to think through how I screwed up either the alarm clock's time setting or the alarm setting or both such that it went off at 3:30AM - an hour early - and then went off again an hour later but with the same wrong time showing on the clock. I though about which way I would have had to turn the dials and exactly which combination of dials I would have had to turn to make that happen. It was not impossible that I had screwed it up myself except that I NEVER changed the alarm because I always got up at the same time every day. So how was it wrong in the first place. At most, on any weekend day, I wouldn't pull the alarm trigger but I didn't change the alarm time setting. It essentially was always set to 4:30AM.

Then it came to me, that day was the one year anniversary of my Dad's death. And though I had not been with him, I was certain that he had died at 3:30PM. I sat in bed and called out to him aloud to tell him that I missed him and I loved him and that I knew he was with me because of the game with the lights in the closest.

I never had another problem with that closet light nor the alarm.

As promised Lynn, here is a personal tale which is kind of related to my Jul 27, 2018 post in this thread; this is about a possible physical event rather than audio:

I don't believe that I have posted on the PNF about these two occurrences before. I have made a point at least once in the past about the fact that my Dad and I, though I loved him dearly, had some few recurring battles and recurring teases too when I was a kid. I'm going to share what I believe are paranormal occurrences related to two of our most common interactions.

I'll post first about "turning off the lights" and then share about the second instance later in a different post on this same thread. [Mods feel free to slide me into another place if you like]. Though as a military family we moved frequently in my earliest years, we were mostly (but not completely) settled by the time I was 11 years old. My Mom and Dad bought a duplex and we moved into one side which was a small place of about 800 square feet. Because it was a duplex, it shared one wall with our neighbors who were actually my Sister, BIL, and Nephew. That one shared wall had no windows at all and because of the way the other rooms were arranged, the entire duplex was always shaded or dark.

I was very much afraid of the dark until age 16. So as I walked through the tiny house, I'd turn on lights. Then as I came back through the house, I'd leave them on. My Dad would walk behind me and turn them off reminding me about the "cost of electricity". This went on for at least five years.

My Dad died when I was 27. I wasn't with him at that moment instead learning about his death by picking up a voice message on my recorder at home; the message was from my Sister at about 3:45PM telling me he'd just had a massive heart attack and died.

At that time, I was living with two roommates and a really smart German Shepard (who I've posted on PNF about before). The way we three lived was we each had taken a smaller secondary bedroom and we used the master bedroom as a community lounge for TV and video games. Though we all shared both the second bathroom and the master bath, because it made getting ready for work faster in the morning, I had solo control over the HUGE master bedroom closet because I had so much stuff to store. This closet was so big that it had two light switches - one outside (on the wall in the master bath) and one inside; the switches were configured so either switch could turn the light on or off depending on the setting of the other switch.

I was typically the first person home from work each day usually arriving 15-30 minutes before the other two. I would infrequently find that the light was on inside the master closest, and then I'd turn it off. Not a big deal to me as any one of the three of us might have accidentally triggered the light from the outside switch on the wall of the master bath while preparing for work. But it happened frequently enough that I started asking my roommates if they had been "going into the closet and getting into my stuff?" "Of course not..." was the typical answer.

On occasion when I was the last person to leave the house, I'd go through and ensure that all lights were off including the one in the master closet (by opening the closet door to look inside). But I'd still come home and sometimes find that closet light was on. When I'd share that point with my roomies, they'd joke and tell me the dog turned it on...just like she was able to turn on the water on bathtub (that's for realz by the way).

So now jump ahead at least six months. One roomie is moving out to get married, he's taking the dog with him, the other roomie adopted his niece and nephew and moves into his crazy disowned sister's home to care for them. Hence I'm alone. But the master closet light thing still happens infrequently.

Once they moved out, I moved my bed into the master bedroom. The cable box in the bedroom which was on top of the TV had a green LED that showed the time; and, I placed my mechanical alarm clock on top of that. It was my routine to get up at 4:30AM on week days. One morning the alarm goes off, and I sit up to see that the cable box indicated it was 3:30AM. So I grab the clock and reset the alarm forwards by one hour to 4:30AM uncertain how it got set to 3:30AM in the first place. I fall back asleep and am awaked by the alarm an hour later. I grab the clock to turn off the alarm and see that the mechanical alarm clock indicates it's 3:30AM instead of 4:30AM. The cable box is correct though - it displays 4:30AM. And I tried to think through how I screwed up either the alarm clock's time setting or the alarm setting or both such that it went off at 3:30AM - an hour early - and then went off again an hour later but with the same wrong time showing on the clock. I though about which way I would have had to turn the dials and exactly which combination of dials I would have had to turn to make that happen. It was not impossible that I had screwed it up myself except that I NEVER changed the alarm because I always got up at the same time every day. So how was it wrong in the first place. At most, on any weekend day, I wouldn't pull the alarm trigger but I didn't change the alarm time setting. It essentially was always set to 4:30AM.

Then it came to me, that day was the one year anniversary of my Dad's death. And though I had not been with him, I was certain that he had died at 3:30PM. I sat in bed and called out to him aloud to tell him that I missed him and I loved him and that I knew he was with me because of the game with the lights in the closest.

I never had another problem with that closet light nor the alarm.
What a good testimony. Your dad was persistent to get the message to you. So sad that you got the news of his passing on the recorder.

What a good testimony. Your dad was persistent to get the message to you. So sad that you got the news of his passing on the recorder.

Great point Lynn about his persistence. I tried for so many years to ignore his chiding about the lights that my own past pattern of behavior might have prevented me from connecting the dots. Maybe he figured that out and therefore changed his communication attempts.

Oh and I’d visited a psychic medium a few weeks before his death. Though my Dad wasn’t showing any outward signs of ill health, that psychic gave me enough details about the immediate future to prepare me for the event.

Reactions: 7Critter