Smile for the camera!

She claimed they are, but I disagreed.

My primary argument was that, at least to me, the difference was members/posters on social media sites use their own names/identifies. Granted, while no one here is forbidden from using their full, real name, it is very rare.
i agree with that. forums made the internet, probably one of the oldest parts of the web since the usenet years. what has become known as "social media" is a relatively new form of networking and connecting, covering many topics or interest all in one place while at the same time having the ability to express yourself on a more personal level from your own dashboard or page. and the ability to ban (unfriend, or whatever the said platform refers to it as) anyone from your page, whereas most forums are a specialized, more on focus, of one particular interest where most participants arent as concerned about being front and center or as open with their own "real" life.
while forums may be close to social media status, i think they are maybe one step below the actual definition in the sense that that extra level of personalization is lacking.

277705989_5311772415520685_3601865256013426641_n.png