Smile for the camera!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Once upon a time there were photo booths. If you and your friends wanted some pics while you were out, you stuffed everybody into the booth, dropped in a quarter, and hoped it didn't take the shot when you blinked!

Today everyone has a cell phone and can snap shots all day.
Selfies or staged shots that you can put on your social media!
How many of you do that?
How often and what kinds of shots appear on your social media?
277559229_6030181207019804_2389270752414993106_n.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver
The only photo I've ever taken that's posted on anything even close to social media is on a site designed to help you find and stay in touch with former high school and college classmates. That photo is of me standing under a giant pink, plastic flamingo and was taken in some small town in Iowa.

The only photo I've ever taken that's posted on anything even close to social media is on a site designed to help you find and stay in touch with former high school and college classmates. That photo is of me standing under a giant pink, plastic flamingo and was taken in some small town in Iowa.
A pink flamingo really sets the mood.

I am rather camera shy, as some of you know. I avoid having my picture anywhere public! I do post pics of the dogs! lol They are so much cuter anyway!

I do remember piling into those booths. It used to be a "thing" to see how many you could fit in there at once before getting yelled at by management, but we had some great candid shots in those as teens!

A pink flamingo really sets the mood.
Back in the early 90s I had a colleague who got married for the first time in his late 40s. He and his lovely bride bought a beautiful home in a very exclusive housing development. They closed on the house, moved a few things in, then jetted off for a two week honeymoon.

The weekend before they got back, a group of us bought a half dozen ugly pink plastic flamingos and, under the cover of darkness (and the influence of adult beverages) set them up in something of a lifesize diorama in their front yard.

When they came home they had over a dozen complaints from their neighbors and three written notices from the HOA that they were in violation of association rules. My office was the first he visited when he came back to work, but none of us grassed on the others.

I am rather camera shy, as some of you know. I avoid having my picture anywhere public! I do post pics of the dogs! lol They are so much cuter anyway!

I do remember piling into those booths. It used to be a "thing" to see how many you could fit in there at once before getting yelled at by management, but we had some great candid shots in those as teens!
Did you swallow goldfish and sit on flagpoles too?

Back in the early 90s I had a colleague who got married for the first time in his late 40s. He and his lovely bride bought a beautiful home in a very exclusive housing development. They closed on the house, moved a few things in, then jetted off for a two week honeymoon.

The weekend before they got back, a group of us bought a half dozen ugly pink plastic flamingos and, under the cover of darkness (and the influence of adult beverages) set them up in something of a lifesize diorama in their front yard.

When they came home they had over a dozen complaints from their neighbors and three written notices from the HOA that they were in violation of association rules. My office was the first he visited when he came back to work, but none of us grassed on the others.
A cute prank.

Reactions: Selectric