Shopping

I like shopping in a brick and mortar store, as well as shopping online......There's not many upscale store out here in the boonies. Walmart is about as good as it gets, and that's close to an hour drive. I tend to do much of my shopping online, as what I'm looking for is often not available locally.

View attachment 15449

SEARS IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS. DO YOU REMEMBER THE SEARS WISH BOOK AT CHRISTMAS? HOW DO YOU SHOP NOW? HOW OFTEN DO YOU GO TO A BRICK AND MORTAR STORE FOR SOMETHING?​
Yup. Every year everyone got a Sears and a Canadian tire catalog. What’s next to go down? Good ol HBC?

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Oh I loved this catalog. My brother and I would dog ear and circle what we wanted. We rarely got what we picked lol. A cheaper version and whatever piece of clothing we were in need of but boy did we dream ...

I guess with the internet there’s no need. We see our dreams on line

Oh I loved this catalog. My brother and I would dog ear and circle what we wanted. We rarely got what we picked lol. A cheaper version and whatever piece of clothing we were in need of but boy did we dream ...

I guess with the internet there’s no need. We see our dreams on line

I was a frugal Wish Book lurker in that I would review my choices almost nightly so that I could be certain that I was really marking up the items that I really, really, really wanted. I would change my mind frequently so I had to check my selections repeatedly.

As for the internet piece, I'd hate to think that anyone was crawling around inside my iPhone looking for clues to the gifts I might be wanting!

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I was a frugal Wish Book lurker in that I would review my choices almost nightly so that I could be certain that I was really marking up the items that I really, really, really wanted. I would change my mind frequently so I had to check my selections repeatedly.
That was so "me". The list got changed, rearranged, and rewritten on a nightly basis. I wanted to get the most toys for my Santa allotment. This also involved my little sister...if I could convince her SHE wanted the kitchen set we could both use, then I had more money freed up! Some days it looked like serious boardroom negotiations.

That was so "me". The list got changed, rearranged, and rewritten on a nightly basis. I wanted to get the most toys for my Santa allotment. This also involved my little sister...if I could convince her SHE wanted the kitchen set we could both use, then I had more money freed up! Some days it looked like serious boardroom negotiations.
That reminds me of a story my dad told me. He has a younger sister, and when he was little he had convinced her that nickels were worth more than dimes because they were bigger. And he, of course, was nice enough to let her trade up whenever she was stuck with a dime or two.

That reminds me of a story my dad told me. He has a younger sister, and when he was little he had convinced her that nickels were worth more than dimes because they were bigger. And he, of course, was nice enough to let her trade up whenever she was stuck with a dime or two.

Good story but your dad might have missed out on the opportunity to scam some dimes in exchange for the larger pennies.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Good story but your dad might have missed out on the opportunity to scam some dimes in exchange for the larger pennies.
Don't give him ideas. :)

He made it up and then some, though. He grew up in West Virginia and joined the Navy to get out of the poverty of a coal mining area. Afterward he'd move his mother and step-father down to be with us, and when his sister got divorced he helped her start a new life in Illinois.

Reactions: Lynne
Don't give him ideas. :)

He made it up and then some, though. He grew up in West Virginia and joined the Navy to get out of the poverty of a coal mining area. Afterward he'd move his mother and step-father down to be with us, and when his sister got divorced he helped her start a new life in Illinois.

You know Ronin, good thing your dad wasn’t caught scamming his sister else he might be serving “five to ten”.

Reactions: Lynne