School/cafeteria food

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
DID YOU EAT A HOT LUNCH AT SCHOOL OR CARRY IN A LUNCH?
WHAT FAVORITES DID YOU HAVE?

82829245_521352441829681_509501666697936896_n.jpg

Oh heck yeah ! That pizza was actually pretty good. Tater Tots. Orange drink.
In K thru 6, the food was not good. And I was frightened of the canned spinach. It looks like some stuff hanging off of the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Oh heck yeah ! That pizza was actually pretty good. Tater Tots. Orange drink.
In K thru 6, the food was not good. And I was frightened of the canned spinach. It looks like some stuff hanging off of the Creature from the Black Lagoon.
The one new food I fell in love with at school? That canned spinach! lol

And I agree...the pizza was really good. And that pizza goes back to the late 60's and early 70's for school lunches. I don't know who made it or where it came from, but it was there in high school for me during that time. Loved that stuff. And I'm a bit of a pizza snob! (Maybe I was just really hungry? lol)

I was a lunch kit kid except on Friday. Friday was universally square fish day and I liked that. This was back when Catholics didn't eat meat on Friday. The rest of the time I wasn't going to eat those mutant vegetables and mystery meat that they tried to sell. Those were the biggest carrots that I have ever seen and the green beans could have been used as tent stakes!! They didn't offer things like pizza and burgers back then. The "meals" were supposed to be "nutritious" well-ballanced meals... This meant that the garbage can was well fed. When I went to High School I stopped eating at school altogether and spent my lunch hour working out in the weight room.

K-9TH Grade I ate the cafeteria food, actually liked most school meals.... high school was great, we had 2 food lines, one junk food and one that was good food / meals.... ice cream machines and soda machines.. but at least twice a week we (friends) would leave school and go to a restaurant to eat or just hang out for the hour.

Brown bagged all through school, lunch was usually a sandwich, a small bag of chips, and an apple. Occasionally got a treat like Hostess or Little Debbie snack cakes, really loved the cream filled oatmeal cakes.

Brown bagged all through school, lunch was usually a sandwich, a small bag of chips, and an apple. Occasionally got a treat like Hostess or Little Debbie snack cakes, really lived the cream filled oatmeal cakes.
My hubs is still hooked on them...Oatmeal Creme Pies every grocery list...lol The BIG Box.

The TV shows of the time frequently showed kids trading items from their lunch. I never remember doing that even once.

I meant to add previously, if I did eat a school lunch, it usually on a Friday, and then only if we didn't have a non-meat option available for a sandwich. Schools always offered a fish or other non-meat choice for Catholic students/staff on Fridays.