Sandwiches

My ultimate favorite has to be an Italian hoagie, it's got everything a sandwich needs. Ham, capicola, salami, prosciutto, provolone cheese, red-wine vinegar and oil, tomato, white onion, pepperoncini peppers, and fresh basil and oregano. All on a hoagie roll. We ate these as kids for lunch all the time. I go to the deli by my house at least once a week to get one. They are delicious.

Hey Debi, don’t know if you recall or frequented Der Wienerschnitel hotdog fast-food place or not but they had a sandwich I loved.

I don’t recall what exactly the “dog” was - like a polish sausage I think - cut in half lengthwise but with a little casing left intact acting like a hinge so you could fold it open.

That was placed on rye bread with regular mustard, a pickle spear laid into the valley between the sausage halves, a slice of Swiss cheese, and topped with sauerkraut before the second rye bread.

I loveddddddd that sandwich.

Hey Debi, don’t know if you recall or frequented Der Wienerschnitel hotdog fast-food place or not but they had a sandwich I loved.

I don’t recall what exactly the “dog” was - like a polish sausage I think - cut in half lengthwise but with a little casing left intact acting like a hinge so you could fold it open.

That was placed on rye bread with regular mustard, a pickle spear laid into the valley between the sausage halves, a slice of Swiss cheese, and topped with sauerkraut before the second rye bread.

I loveddddddd that sandwich.
Have not heard of Der Wienershcnitel! But that dog sounds good. :D I do like pickles!

Have not heard of Der Wienershcnitel! But that dog sounds good. :D I do like pickles!

That’s a chain that’s been around - but in serious decline - in the southwest since at least the ‘60s.

But the pickle wedge stuffed in the center of the sandwich actually ties the flavor together.

Reactions: Debi
My ultimate favorite has to be an Italian hoagie, it's got everything a sandwich needs. Ham, capicola, salami, prosciutto, provolone cheese, red-wine vinegar and oil, tomato, white onion, pepperoncini peppers, and fresh basil and oregano. All on a hoagie roll. We ate these as kids for lunch all the time. I go to the deli by my house at least once a week to get one. They are delicious.
Sounds yummy. I usually like plain sandwiches, such as roast beef with horseradish, but sometimes what you describe hits the spot.

49413376_2180429635357190_4584630713759825920_n (Small).jpg

We used to do this all the time as kids. I completely forgot about doing that!! I had a friend growing up who used to put potato chips in his peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, I tried it once it was surprisingly delicious.
Shhh...don't tell anyone but I still do that at times! lol

Reactions: WhitneyKristina