Redefining "Paranormal"

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I've been thinking. Yes, I know that's a dangerous thing. My children have already told me and Mr. Bird has left the room until I stop blowing out the lightbulbs here with the effort. However, I wish to bring up something that I'm seeing in the paranormal world.

First, the word "paranormal" is defined as such:

very strange and not able to be explained by what scientists know about nature and the world
Definition of PARANORMAL

Beyond the range of normal experience or scientific explanation
Paranormal activity

Recently, I've noticed there has been a shift in how we view paranormal events. With the coming of Quantum Physics and the actual new studies by scientists who defy the disdain of their peers, we are now seeing a new chapter open up before us.

Spirit (of the divine kind) and Science are beginning to meet. Intentions, prayer, even magic is now being proven by scientific means.

This is something those of us who have practiced the old ways and knowledge have waited a long time to see. We always knew it would happen, and with the discovery of dimensions (what we used to call planes in the good old days), a new knowledge of how it all fits together is beginning to come forth.

Over the last year or two, I've watched as this has occurred. We're just uncovering the tip of the paranormal iceberg, but I now have hope that someday soon we'll see the big picture and watch in stunned awe as the connections are made.

I've noticed there are enthusiasts who have some fear that science will "explain away" the God connection. I would say don't get caught up in the semantics. The names science will give dimensions, alternate realities, magnetic waves, etc., are all part of what makes up the divine order of the universe and creation itself. Those who can see beyond the words are the ones who will find the full understanding of who we are.

SPIRIT meets Science. Two words that come together to redefine the paranormal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Seahunter
I've always liked that science cannot explain everything, because it meant there was always the possibility that there was more to the world than meets the eye - a spiritual side, or whatever label you want to give it, as Debi states. It has always confounded hardcore scientists and/or atheists who did not want to admit there may be more to this world than black and white, "provable" events. As you say, there has been a lot of progress in this arena, and perhaps those historically skeptical factions will open up their minds to other possibilities. I hope that in our lifetime, we will witness the acceptance of more of the paranormal as just as "real" as a black hole or any other happening in our universe.

Reactions: Debi
I believe that , by definition, there will always be things / events / objects that science cannot explain. And that is a good thing because it means that mankind will always be searching / investigating / testing. Mankind will always be searching for the truth, searching for knowledge. Unknown things are mystical or mysterious or magical until science can explain how it works. And then it moves on to the next unexplained. At some point, as post #1 says, spiritual and science will come together and it will be an aha ! moment ( this is my opinion).

Reactions: Debi
Exciting times as scientists prove God exists. I've been watching this in the archeological field as well.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi