Psychic Vampires, myth or reality?

Psychic or intution? I have always known it as intuition or a gut feeling that was never quite my own doings and for me it started with my family ties as I am sure for many that is usually where it begins. Not all of us in this world are equipped to fend off the mauraders who like to manipulate or control others in any way possible, but once we realize what is happening out comes the defense shields in full force. I would rather that love be the motivating factor in dealing with others, but sometimes it requires much more in dealing with repeat offenders. LoL

Psychic or intution? I have always known it as intuition or a gut feeling that was never quite my own doings and for me it started with my family ties as I am sure for many that is usually where it begins. Not all of us in this world are equipped to fend off the mauraders who like to manipulate or control others in any way possible, but once we realize what is happening out comes the defense shields in full force. I would rather that love be the motivating factor in dealing with others, but sometjmes it requires much more in dealing with repeat offenders. LoL
I often tell others, don't let the semantics hang you up, Raingirl! lol Psychic/Intuition.....doesn't matter the wording. The energy we receive and how we decipher it is beyond just one word. As for dealing with the mauraders and controllers, I've found that I need to remember I can only control myself...which means either removing myself from it or, if unable to do that, shields up full force! Love should always be the motivating factor, but sometimes we love people by cutting off the food source and allowing them to find their own spirit energy source to feed from. (Sometimes I hand them a road map for the path if they're willing....)

Reactions: Naked Apple
I often tell others, don't let the semantics hang you up, Raingirl! lol Psychic/Intuition.....doesn't matter the wording. The energy we receive and how we decipher it is beyond just one word. As for dealing with the mauraders and controllers, I've found that I need to remember I can only control myself...which means either removing myself from it or, if unable to do that, shields up full force! Love should always be the motivating factor, but sometimes we love people by cutting off the food source and allowing them to find their own spirit energy source to feed from. (Sometimes I hand them a road map for the path if they're willing....)

I agree with you. Universal Law of Free Will and Free Choice.

Reactions: Debi
I don't believe there's anything supernatural at work here, but it's hard to deny that some people just have a draining and/frustrating effect on those around them. Their oversll personality, as well as tone and speech, and body language - it all paints a picture about how we feel toward them. Calling these people psychic vampires is probably as good a metaphor as any to use, but I think there's nothing inherently paranormal at play here.

I've actually been reffered to as one before by friends and coworkers, and would readily admit it's probably a fair description. :skull:

Reactions: Indigo
Psychic vampires are described as beings that feed off the energy of others. Is this just a modern day myth or do these "people" for lack of a better term really exist?

They do seem to exist. They also have their own culture, their own mores, and their own ways of going about things.

Any reasonably experienced energy worker already knows the techniques of psychic vampirism. However, it is not necessary for them to operate normally on a day to day basis. True psivamps usually have something wrong in their bio-energetic systems - the manipura chakra may be damaged somehow, which leads to an inability to process and utilize energy as other lifeforms do, or the energy meridians may be damaged or tangled, which leads to much the same symptomology. Some interesting adaptive side effects seem to come of this, also.

Let's face it—we've probably all fallen prey to a psychic vampire, possibly without even knowing it. It may have been a chance encounter with an energy predator that left us temporarily exhausted, or possibly along-term vampire interaction with serious wear-and-tear effects on the mind and body

The ones who do not realize what they are do not seem to be terribly effective at feeding. The ones who have practiced, and usually been tutored by a more experienced psivamp can do a lot more than just feed from someone or something. Basic energy manipulation techniques are usually sufficient to block a psychic vampire from feeding on someone, though - shielding, reflection, encryption, and outright banishing of the feeding tendrils all work well.

Psychic vampirism is alive and flourishing in the world today. As consumers of energy rather than blood, vampires of the psychic kind exist in many guises but with one common trait—their own inadequate energy system compels them to tap into and feed upon the energies of unsuspecting host victims. The immediate results of such a one-on-one vampire encounter are anew but temporary surge of energy for the psychic vampire and a serious loss of mental and physical energy for the unsuspecting prey.

It also usually leads to pre-existing conditions going into remission, under the hypothesis that pre-existing conditions are the physiological reflections of bio-energetic dysfunctions.

If you suddenly feel emotionally or mentally depleted, you may be under attack by a psychic vampire. The unfortunate effects of prolonged energy loss are damage to the energy system itself and in some instances, serious illness.

This does seem to be the case.

Yes, there are people who are "psychic vampires." I know a few. Unfortunately, most people who are PV's don't even know they are and I don't see their feeding as deliberate "attacks". These people are usually the one's with little to no self esteem, or faith of any kind. There always seems to be a hole in them that nothing fills, and they don't know how to pull in energy from the Source/God, so they pull it from those around them. If you're their "meal of the day", you're left feeling drained. PV's often live drama/crisis filled lives, as that is what makes them feel alive. Your reaction to it often makes the meal tasty.

I am good friends with a few, and they do not seem to be those sort of people. They are very deliberate in what they do, and a few even cultivate small groups of donors on a quid pro quo basis (feeding for services, like repairs or financial advice). Their self esteem seems to be more or less normal, but the idea of faith to them is irrelevant because they tend to follow gnostic paths instead. As for drama or crisis filled lives, the only one who fits that bill I know of is a paramedic in a relatively large city (but the person in question has their own reasons for this line of work).

All of the universe is energy. It's a Divine Source, this energy, and it resides within everything. Down to the rocks and trees around us. That Divine energy is there for all of us to reach out to and will fill the empty spaces within us and nourish us. PV's don't know how to do this. I feel the label of PV is a misnomer and unfortunate. I don't see it as a paranormal phenomena, but more as a spiritual crisis.

I would say that it is less a "crisis" and more a "dysfunction" or a "syndrome" with well characterized symptoms and some interesting adaptive phenomena in the resource fork, as it were.

Reactions: Debi