Psychic Vampires, myth or reality?

Naked Apple

Anam Cara
Reaction score
Psychic vampires are described as beings that feed off the energy of others. Is this just a modern day myth or do these "people" for lack of a better term really exist? I'm of the mind that they are real. I have come across people that are just so exasperating that I feel tired just for having dealt with them. While I have no "proof" that someone has drained me of energy, I know that they have.

Anyone else want to weigh in? Are psychic vampires real?

http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/513

Let's face it—we've probably all fallen prey to a psychic vampire, possibly without even knowing it. It may have been a chance encounter with an energy predator that left us temporarily exhausted, or possibly along-term vampire interaction with serious wear-and-tear effects on the mind and body.

Psychic vampirism is alive and flourishing in the world today. As consumers of energy rather than blood, vampires of the psychic kind exist in many guises but with one common trait—their own inadequate energy system compels them to tap into and feed upon the energies of unsuspecting host victims. The immediate results of such a one-on-one vampire encounter are anew but temporary surge of energy for the psychic vampire and a serious loss of mental and physical energy for the unsuspecting prey. If you suddenly feel emotionally or mentally depleted, you may be under attack by a psychic vampire. The unfortunate effects of prolonged energy loss are damage to the energy system itself and in some instances, serious illness.

Reactions: The Doctor
There are people who are just tiring to deal with. Literally tiring. They take so much of your energy that at the end of the day you're spent.

Reactions: sal and Debi
Yes, there are people who are "psychic vampires." I know a few. Unfortunately, most people who are PV's don't even know they are and I don't see their feeding as deliberate "attacks". These people are usually the one's with little to no self esteem, or faith of any kind. There always seems to be a hole in them that nothing fills, and they don't know how to pull in energy from the Source/God, so they pull it from those around them. If you're their "meal of the day", you're left feeling drained. PV's often live drama/crisis filled lives, as that is what makes them feel alive. Your reaction to it often makes the meal tasty.

All of the universe is energy. It's a Divine Source, this energy, and it resides within everything. Down to the rocks and trees around us. That Divine energy is there for all of us to reach out to and will fill the empty spaces within us and nourish us. PV's don't know how to do this. I feel the label of PV is a misnomer and unfortunate. I don't see it as a paranormal phenomena, but more as a spiritual crisis.

Last edited:
So needy people suck your energy...what about narcissists? I am thinking of someone like Noory.

So needy people suck your energy...what about narcissists? I am thinking of someone like Noory.
Oh yes...narcissists feed a lot! Using Noory as an example, you notice how he needs you to notice him? His pics all over the C2C site, on every ad, his need to bait callers, push himself upward by stepping on others? That "me, me, me, it's all about me" thing is a way to get your attention so you FEED him praise! Each narcissist has his own "favorite flavor" of food choice/energy. The difference here is they don't suck the energy unknowingly....they make sure you offer it up all by yourself and freely give it to them. (Think of them as mosquitoes, in a way. They inject a numbing agent and THEN suck your blood.)

The difference here is they don't suck the energy unknowingly....they make sure you offer it up all by yourself and freely give it to them. (Think of them as mosquitoes, in a way. They inject a numbing agent and THEN suck your blood.)
Noory, the psychic vampire gnat. Perfect.

I think this calls for Surge's talents with photoshop!

Mosquito, Nekki, not gnat. lol Gnat's don't normally feed off of you...just annoy you.

Reactions: Naked Apple
Okay Queen Nekki (avatar) Go the opposite way with this phenomenon , people who give you energy merely by being in the same room as them , their vibrational energy resonates and everyone within the room feels this dynamic presence /energy , one way to observe this is by listening to the speech volume increase throughout as everyone becomes vivacious and enthusiastic . POSITIVE !

Opposite of the above is obviously your "psychic vampire " who is morose and pulls and drains those around them , they impact your very being , your soul ! you can negate this experience by applying your positive vibrations to counter the negative energy only if you are powerful within , two negatives equals a positive therefore two beings who are PV can elate themselves , question being , to which level ? , a vibrational positive energy or a darker foreboding energy ? NEGATIVE !