Psychic Genes?

Maybe because even full siblings have different % of different DNA from the parents some, the ones with almost the same percentage as you are the psychic ones? That would be interesting to find out.
That is an intriguing thought!

Reactions: ozentity
Unfortunately, I am unable to read the article as it is blocked for us European users....... ;er

There is certainly something 'there' as you hear about psychics who are 'third generation' or 'from a line of psychics', but is this actually through genes, or just through a family tradition of teachings and passing down of knowledge?

At the end of the day, although we all may not agree with it, the whole ESP subject is still very 'taboo' in general acceptance. Scientists say that, in general, it does not exist and unfortunately, studies by such organisations as the SPR (Society for Psychical Research) generally find some sort of 'fraud' in most of the cases they look at, which does not help support the whole ESP phenomena from a scientific point of view.

I have worked with 'proven' psychics in the past on investigations and in my opinion, they are a valuable asset to any investigative team. Some of the information, 'feelings' and insights they have had have been mind-blowing, especially considering the fact that any medium called to visit an investigation is normally very controlled (i.e. no previous knowledge of the site or its history; research is always conducted AFTER their walkthrough - this means that the team is also in the dark before their visit (only the researcher will have any knowledge of a haunting, or other paranormal activity, going on at a site) about any activity, names, etc., and it validates anything the medium picks upon. We have also led mediums around sites blindfolded before, especially where the site is a 'famously known to be' haunted one.........).

Until the realm of ESP is more accepted and a serious study is implemented, at a deep genealogy level, AND if we can identify a possible gene common between psychics in general and psychic family trees, we will never be able to answer this part of the question.

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne
There is certainly something 'there' as you hear about psychics who are 'third generation' or 'from a line of psychics', but is this actually through genes, or just through a family tradition of teachings and passing down of knowledge?
i was thinking along those same lines. is it hereditary or is it just they are more open and accepting due to not being shamed or discouraged, but instead taught and trained to an extent.

At the end of the day, although we all may not agree with it, the whole ESP subject is still very 'taboo' in general acceptance. Scientists say that, in general, it does not exist and unfortunately, studies by such organisations as the SPR (Society for Psychical Research) generally find some sort of 'fraud' in most of the cases they look at, which does not help support the whole ESP phenomena from a scientific point of view.
I have worked with 'proven' psychics in the past on investigations and in my opinion, they are a valuable asset to any investigative team. Some of the information, 'feelings' and insights they have had have been mind-blowing, especially considering the fact that any medium called to visit an investigation is normally very controlled (i.e. no previous knowledge of the site or its history; research is always conducted AFTER their walkthrough - this means that the team is also in the dark before their visit (only the researcher will have any knowledge of a haunting, or other paranormal activity, going on at a site) about any activity, names, etc., and it validates anything the medium picks upon. We have also led mediums around sites blindfolded before, especially where the site is a 'famously known to be' haunted one.........).

its not as taboo as one may think, yeah, a lot of ppl may not fully believe or understand, and some may even ridicule those who claim such abilities. but it has been a topic of interest and entertainment for many years now, from tv to magazines to actual scientific study.
it is considered by most to not be real or provable due to the frauds in the field and the fact i think that ppl dont have an understanding of how this actually works to begin with. i dont think for most it is an on demand type ability. neither is it one that gives someone the power to do it all, so to speak. (like you see on TV)
the psychics in the "ghost hunting groups" would be an example of this. i dont believe that just because some one is an empath, they can speak with the dead, read the living and feel when spirits are near trying to tell you where you left granddads watch...at least not at the level they claim.
paranormal investigation, while it may be serious to some i think has become a form of entertainment and the people who claim to be psychic are having their fifteen minutes of fame on every investigation, human nature ensures that their abilities will be exaggerated or fraudulent....... think fish tales. every telling adds two pounds.

Reactions: garnetsilver
i was thinking along those same lines. is it hereditary or is it just they are more open and accepting due to not being shamed or discouraged, but instead taught and trained to an extent.

its not as taboo as one may think, yeah, a lot of ppl may not fully believe or understand, and some may even ridicule those who claim such abilities. but it has been a topic of interest and entertainment for many years now, from tv to magazines to actual scientific study.
it is considered by most to not be real or provable due to the frauds in the field and the fact i think that ppl dont have an understanding of how this actually works to begin with. i dont think for most it is an on demand type ability. neither is it one that gives someone the power to do it all, so to speak. (like you see on TV)
the psychics in the "ghost hunting groups" would be an example of this. i dont believe that just because some one is an empath, they can speak with the dead, read the living and feel when spirits are near trying to tell you where you left granddads watch...at least not at the level they claim.
paranormal investigation, while it may be serious to some i think has become a form of entertainment and the people who claim to be psychic are having their fifteen minutes of fame on every investigation, human nature ensures that their abilities will be exaggerated or fraudulent....... think fish tales. every telling adds two pounds.
Paul I am confused a bit. Are you saying you don’t believe in psysic abilities ? I thought you did. I may be reading this wrong.
I think whatever abilities someone has are gifts and may well be the right genetics and spiritual enlightenment coming into alignment. It seems we all have intuition and many have at least one or two strange things happen in a lifetime. Which shows there is some common ground for psychic abilities. It’s interesting to think about.

taboo
or ta·bu
[ tuh-boo, ta- ]

adjective

1. proscribed by society as improper or unacceptable:

its not as taboo as one may think, yeah, a lot of ppl may not fully believe or understand, and some may even ridicule those who claim such abilities.

By your own description, then it becomes a 'taboo' subject ;)

i dont believe that just because some one is an empath, they can speak with the dead, read the living and feel when spirits are near trying to tell you where you left granddads watch...at least not at the level they claim.

In a way you are right. In my experience, just because you are an empath does not mean you can do things as you mention. However, there are some that can do these things, and then some. Reputable organisations like ASSAP and the SPR actually have spiritual mediums in their memberships, and ASSAP uses them on official investigations - some of which are conducted at the request of the Police.

In one way or another, everything paranormal has been presented in some kind of 'entertainment'. From UFOs and aliens to ghosts and cryptids, as humans, if we can make money from it, we will exploit it. Unfortunately, there are 'psychics' that also fall under this category. However, there are also those who do have genuine 'skills'. These people tend to hide away from the media and the public eye. Not because they are afraid (although some may very well be), but because of the ridicule of their 'craft' by some of these so-called 'mediums' seen on our screens, and how they will be perceived by others.

Not everyone with these skillsets wants 'their fifteen minutes of fame'............

I, for one, felt ostracized by others when I naively shared some of my experiences. I began to restrain myself, and for many years I stopped having experiences. I also had a fear of some government agency finding out and forcing me to work for them.

Paul I am confused a bit. Are you saying you don’t believe in psysic abilities ? I thought you did. I may be reading this wrong.
I think whatever abilities someone has are gifts and may well be the right genetics and spiritual enlightenment coming into alignment. It seems we all have intuition and many have at least one or two strange things happen in a lifetime. Which shows there is some common ground for psychic abilities. It’s interesting to think about.
sorry lynne, yes i do believe,.... some of what i was saying in the other post concerning ghost investigations and psychics was just that i dont believe a lot of what is claimed by the media. or television, i would actually question using psychics in ghost hunting at all, but that is what the media shows and now theres an empath or psychic on every block claiming to be able to talk with the dead....lol... and on social media you wouldnt believe how many people claim to be empaths......( im not saying they are ALL not, just saying its the cool thing to be at the moment.)....a lot of what these "professional" people use is the same methods used by sales professionals and hypnotist.. i was just saying that as far as entertainment goes there are more frauds than the real deal.

taboo
or ta·bu
[ tuh-boo, ta- ]

adjective

1. proscribed by society as improper or unacceptable:

By your own description, then it becomes a 'taboo' subject ;)

In a way you are right. In my experience, just because you are an empath does not mean you can do things as you mention. However, there are some that can do these things, and then some. Reputable organisations like ASSAP and the SPR actually have spiritual mediums in their memberships, and ASSAP uses them on official investigations - some of which are conducted at the request of the Police.

In one way or another, everything paranormal has been presented in some kind of 'entertainment'. From UFOs and aliens to ghosts and cryptids, as humans, if we can make money from it, we will exploit it. Unfortunately, there are 'psychics' that also fall under this category. However, there are also those who do have genuine 'skills'. These people tend to hide away from the media and the public eye. Not because they are afraid (although some may very well be), but because of the ridicule of their 'craft' by some of these so-called 'mediums' seen on our screens, and how they will be perceived by others.

Not everyone with these skillsets wants 'their fifteen minutes of fame'............
not really, people make fun of anything and everything, ppl have different beliefs, that doesnt make it taboo. theres a club for anything you can think in the world. just because someone doesnt talk baseball with a football fan doesnt make baseball taboo...lol... the fact surveys are done and people answer them with both views of belief shows that its not as taboo as it was maybe 100 years ago. it not looked at anymore as being unacceptable. quite the opposite actually, now there are so many people claiming to be psychic or witches or whatever its unbelievable. sure some people may not agree but it is not hidden like it once was. i know and see many people carrying tattoos of their coven or group. not hidden away.