Psychic Genes?

I, for one, felt ostracized by others when I naively shared some of my experiences. I began to restrain myself, and for many years I stopped having experiences. I also had a fear of some government agency finding out and forcing me to work for them.
unfortunately that is the double edged sword of being the real deal and people knowing it. while a lot of people think its cool and want to know more, those same people will run from you if they think you can or do know "more" about them than you should. thats why i always found it ironic that people would come to a forum of psychics and think that no one could pick up on them in a psychic way.
sorry that was your experience. the years you shut down though, did you ever feel as though something was missing?, and when you got the abilities back did you get flooded all at once with many emotions and confusion as to what was happening?, or did they gradually return? usually it is the first with most people who shut down for an extended period.

unfortunately that is the double edged sword of being the real deal and people knowing it. while a lot of people think its cool and want to know more, those same people will run from you if they think you can or do know "more" about them than you should. thats why i always found it ironic that people would come to a forum of psychics and think that no one could pick up on them in a psychic way.
sorry that was your experience. the years you shut down though, did you ever feel as though something was missing?, and when you got the abilities back did you get flooded all at once with many emotions and confusion as to what was happening?, or did they gradually return? usually it is the first with most people who shut down for an extended period.
I agree about people coming here and thinking that we can't read them, lol. As for your question about the abilities not being prevalent, and then coming back, they come and go. Right now I feel "damped down" but it is rather a relief not to pick up on every little thing. Medications can take the edge off, too. When I am suppressing, I do feel empty and rather lost. When I "open" it can feel like a flood!

When I am suppressing, I do feel empty and rather lost. When I "open" it can feel like a flood!
Sorry to butt in, that suppressing really bottles things up for me like a pressure in my head that needs letting out. Sometimes I think you need a break also, be it from meds or other means that relax your thoughts.

Sorry to butt in, that suppressing really bottles things up for me like a pressure in my head that needs letting out. Sometimes I think you need a break also, be it from meds or other means that relax your thoughts.
You aren't butting in at all, Oz! I appreciated hearing from you. It seems not only meds can block my senses, but also being around people who are not familiar or comfortable with such things can also act as a damper.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
You aren't butting in at all, Oz! I appreciated hearing from you. It seems not only meds can block my senses, but also being around people who are not familiar or comfortable with such things can also act as a damper.
I can relate to that growing up, luckily my young brother was on the same page or it could have ended badly for me. I can't blame anyone else, it was just frustrating and depressing. I learned to live with it after he passed but joining here was a great relief. I didn't have the internet before joining so read as much as I could about this from books and writing for Mick the big psychic bloke.

Last edited:
sorry lynne, yes i do believe,.... some of what i was saying in the other post concerning ghost investigations and psychics was just that i dont believe a lot of what is claimed by the media. or television, i would actually question using psychics in ghost hunting at all, but that is what the media shows and now theres an empath or psychic on every block claiming to be able to talk with the dead....lol... and on social media you wouldnt believe how many people claim to be empaths......( im not saying they are ALL not, just saying its the cool thing to be at the moment.)....a lot of what these "professional" people use is the same methods used by sales professionals and hypnotist.. i was just saying that as far as entertainment goes there are more frauds than the real deal.
I see. Got it. I figured I misunderstood.

I tend to suspect a combination of a genetic or cellular circumstance, enhanced or repressed by environment. Nature and nurture.

Reactions: Lynne
I have been reading about people who have RH negative blood, having alien traits. I take it with a grain of salt, but it is an intriguing thought!

• Wow
Reactions: ozentity and Paulm
I have been reading about people who have RH negative blood, having alien traits.

My wife has AB negative blood and I swear she transforms at night.

One minute she is this sweet and caring lady, next she is a snarling, uncontrollable beast!

Nothing to do with the fact that I probably drive her up the wall......... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: