Part of the PNF "Learn a New Word" Program

More efficiant than Candyman as you only have to say my name once and can do it while looking at a screen instead of a mirror (allowing you to still see yourself as you were about five years ago), but disappointingly unable to spell efficiant properly.
You rang?
Hiya! :grinning:

Well this place is just as dead as it was before I got here too late. I'm just going to have to say my own name backwards to send me back to my own dimension.
YAWNEB!
*poof*
aahahaha

Reactions: Lynne
Call it what you will – dadgummit, dagnabbit or goldarnit, these alterna-swear words are simply ways your grandparents got around breaking any biblical commandments against "taking the Lord's name in vain" outright. Replace the first part with "God" and the second part with "damnit," and you get the picture easily enough.

The origin of "dadgummit" is rumored to be the hit television show "The Real McCoys," which starred Walter Brennan as Grandpa Amos, for whom "dadgummit" became his epic, country-boy, redneck catchphrase.

[JUH-dər]. zhudder
Part of speech: verb
Origin: Chiefly British, early 20th century
(Especially of something mechanical) shake and vibrate rapidly and with force.

Examples of judder in a sentence​

"The gearshift would judder every time Mike started the car."
"The girl juddered in the cold breeze because she wasn’t dressed warmly."
About Judder
This word was first used around the 1930s, likely as an imitative of the word “shudder.”

[JUH-dər]. zhudder
Part of speech: verb
Origin: Chiefly British, early 20th century
(Especially of something mechanical) shake and vibrate rapidly and with force.

Examples of judder in a sentence​

"The gearshift would judder every time Mike started the car."
"The girl juddered in the cold breeze because she wasn’t dressed warmly."
About Judder
This word was first used around the 1930s, likely as an imitative of the word “shudder.”
I love learning new words. I read a couple of British authors and I am always looking up meanings.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Primogeniture(/ˌpraɪməˈdʒɛnɪtʃər, -oʊ-/)

is the right, by law or custom, of the firstborn legitimate child to inherit the parent's entire or main estate in preference to shared inheritance among all or some children, any illegitimate child or any collateral relative. In most contexts, it means the inheritance of the firstborn son (agnatic primogeniture);[1] it can also mean by the firstborn daughter (matrilineal primogeniture), or firstborn child (absolute primogeniture)

Came across this word in a book this week:

tenebrous

shut off from the light : dark, murky. tenebrous depths. 2. : hard to understand : obscure.