Paranormal Friends

I had a personal confidante - male - for several years. Those were the deepest and the broadest discussions. He’d had independent encounters with me which he shared with me so he knew I was the real deal.

I’ve shared most but not all of my experiences with my GF. She accepts me but doesn’t really like any labels and actually rejects any labels which I choose for myself. I think her own desires not to be associated with my labels actual act to tamper my abilities.

I have never opened up to family or those who are my longest friends. I did open up to my best friend who was also my roommate for several years. His position was, “You know that I don’t believe in any of these things. However, if I did, I would certainly expect them to happen to you.”

So in my present life, the PNF is the only real outlet I have for exhaustive, open discussion on the paranormal.
I totally understand Wands. You have a lot of gifts and some people are just not evolved enough to accept it. You are believed and accepted here for sure.

I forgot to mention how grateful I am to have found this forum! Being autistic and in touch with the paranormal makes it hard to make friends! And it is so good to be able to share things here!

Reactions: ozentity and Duke
I totally understand Wands. You have a lot of gifts and some people are just not evolved enough to accept it. You are believed and accepted here for sure.

I’ve felt your support, and the support of the PNF, for quite some time now. Thanks for always being up for a good verbal sparring Lynne to keep my mind sharp (and open too).

My mom sort of understands my interest in it. But shes clueless when I talk about it.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Mrs Duke thinks all paranormal topics, especially ghosts, are hooey. She knows our daughter and I are interested, but just shrugs when we talk about such things.

When I worked for DoD, I found one USAF colonel who was really into the ghost side of things. In fact he started his own investigative group, and I helped them out of few of their investigations. UFOs, on the other hand, were of interest to many of the folks I worked with, especially aircrew. Heard lots of stories.

Last edited:
Mrs Duke thinks all paranormal topics, especially ghosts, are hooey. She knows our daughter and I are interested, but just shrugs when we talk about such things.

When I worked for DoD, I found one USAF colonel who was really into the ghost side of things. In fact he started his own investigative group, and I helped them out of few of their investigations. UFOs, on the other hand, were of interest to many of the folks I worked with, especially aircrew. Heard lots of stories.
My hubs was a total disbeliever when we married. He knew what he was getting into...I was totally honest with who and what I am, btw. He became a believer after experiencing some very in your face activity in one of our houses early on, and then later he just begged me to stop reading his mind so much. ;) When we had kids with psychic gifts he knew he was in trouble...lol Outnumbered. Now we have a grandchild with a very strong gift so it continues. Around here things like apported keys are an annoyance rather than an event to worry over.

It is sort of a cyclic thing in how people look at things of a paranormal nature. In my Grandparents generation, it was taken for granted and accepted by most people. Back then more people lived in rural areas than in the big cities. In part, it may be that people back then were generally not as "formally" educated as people are now. What that means is that people with more "formal" education are heavily indoctrinated with a very specific and rigid point of view. The fact is that other than the reading, Writing, and arithmetic portion of education most of what is taught in schools as hard facts are at best opinions. History is a point of view and what is taught is mostly from one perspective. The history taught today is not much like the history taught a hundred, fifty or even twenty-five years ago. Lots of science has changed wildly and will continue to do so. BUT each generation will be taught that the CURRENT theories are FACTS.

Those born in the 18oos and into the first couple of decades of the 1900s had a lot of beliefs that were accepted then and seen as superstition now. My Great-Grandfather was a water witch and would find the easiest places to dig a well with evidently almost perfect accuracy. He also witched warts off people and was somewhat clairvoyant. By the time my Dad came along and went off to war and college, he was a skeptic. My Mothers family had what I believe to be a bit of witch/sensitive ability but were scared to death of it and it was a don't talk about it thing.

I am clairvoyant and seem to have a sensitivity to some things. You know when you are a kid you just assume that whatever you can do, see, hear and know are the same as everyone else. I ran head on into this at a very young age on several levels. I would "remember" something from the future and then comment on it. Most of it was just put down as a kids imagination. I learned that sometimes knowing things weren't good when I last saw my Grandfather. They left and I was really sad because I would never see him again. My Mom tried to tell me that we would see him in a month or so and I told her that he would die before then. Her reaction was not good at all and it got no better when it came to pass.

I only told her what I "remembered" one more time. I was a little kid and I was in a really bad wreck. A car that was going really fast ran a stop sign and T-boned the car that I was in. Back then cars didn't have safety glass and when we were hit on the side the glass from the windows swept through the car like shrapnel. The car spun around several times. The doors flew open and everyone was thrown out on the street. There was no such thing as seatbelts back then. The car ended up in one little girl. One little boy's face was shredded by the glass and everyone was covered with road rash and injuries...except me.

I had "remembered" the wreck before it happened and was off the seat on the floor when the car hit us. I was the only one still in the car when it settled. I didn't have a scratch on me. I couldn't understand why nobody else had reacted. I had not reacted, I had acted well before there was any possibility of me seeing it coming other than my "memory". Everyone else was taken to the hospital. My Mom was called and she came and got me. I told him that I had known and ducked before it happened. I couldn't understand why the boy sitting beside me didn't duck. Had I not dropped down that glass that tore his face all to pieces would have hit me instead. My mom didn't react well and told me not to ever say anything about that to anyone else ever!

I had a lot of trouble when I was a little kid. They actually thought that maybe I just wasn't very smart. I had trouble at school and barely passed the first grade. At the beginning of the second grade they sent everyone to the nurse and we did an eye test. There was a chart on the wall with Es pointing in different directions with a really big E on top with the Es getting smaller as you went down the chart. I couldn't see the chart. Not even the biggest one on top. I was basically blind with 20/300 vision. I got GLASSES! OMG!!!! I had never seen a bird flying. I found out why everyone else could always remember how all the letters were shaped. The alphabet was on the wall up near the ceiling and best of all the teacher wrote on the chalkboard the things that she was saying so I didn't have to rely totally on memory. That year was life-changing.

A child tends to accept whatever he has to deal with as normal. I was blind and didn't know what that even meant. there was an entire world of things that I had heard people talk about that I had never actually seen. On the other end of things, I was sensing things and "remembering" things that nobody else understood or mostly believed in. I didn't have anyone to talk to until I was almost 18. Those were rough years until I found someone to help me put things in order.

The pendulum is swinging back now and more people are accepting things that had been accepted by people in the past and then denied for a couple of generations. Maybe someday people of science will try to ask questions and then search out answers instead of starting with answers and then trying to force prove that one openion.

It is sort of a cyclic thing in how people look at things of a paranormal nature. In my Grandparents generation, it was taken for granted and accepted by most people. Back then more people lived in rural areas than in the big cities. In part, it may be that people back then were generally not as "formally" educated as people are now. What that means is that people with more "formal" education are heavily indoctrinated with a very specific and rigid point of view. The fact is that other than the reading, Writing, and arithmetic portion of education most of what is taught in schools as hard facts are at best opinions. History is a point of view and what is taught is mostly from one perspective. The history taught today is not much like the history taught a hundred, fifty or even twenty-five years ago. Lots of science has changed wildly and will continue to do so. BUT each generation will be taught that the CURRENT theories are FACTS.

Those born in the 18oos and into the first couple of decades of the 1900s had a lot of beliefs that were accepted then and seen as superstition now. My Great-Grandfather was a water witch and would find the easiest places to dig a well with evidently almost perfect accuracy. He also witched warts off people and was somewhat clairvoyant. By the time my Dad came along and went off to war and college, he was a skeptic. My Mothers family had what I believe to be a bit of witch/sensitive ability but were scared to death of it and it was a don't talk about it thing.

I am clairvoyant and seem to have a sensitivity to some things. You know when you are a kid you just assume that whatever you can do, see, hear and know are the same as everyone else. I ran head on into this at a very young age on several levels. I would "remember" something from the future and then comment on it. Most of it was just put down as a kids imagination. I learned that sometimes knowing things weren't good when I last saw my Grandfather. They left and I was really sad because I would never see him again. My Mom tried to tell me that we would see him in a month or so and I told her that he would die before then. Her reaction was not good at all and it got no better when it came to pass.

I only told her what I "remembered" one more time. I was a little kid and I was in a really bad wreck. A car that was going really fast ran a stop sign and T-boned the car that I was in. Back then cars didn't have safety glass and when we were hit on the side the glass from the windows swept through the car like shrapnel. The car spun around several times. The doors flew open and everyone was thrown out on the street. There was no such thing as seatbelts back then. The car ended up in one little girl. One little boy's face was shredded by the glass and everyone was covered with road rash and injuries...except me.

I had "remembered" the wreck before it happened and was off the seat on the floor when the car hit us. I was the only one still in the car when it settled. I didn't have a scratch on me. I couldn't understand why nobody else had reacted. I had not reacted, I had acted well before there was any possibility of me seeing it coming other than my "memory". Everyone else was taken to the hospital. My Mom was called and she came and got me. I told him that I had known and ducked before it happened. I couldn't understand why the boy sitting beside me didn't duck. Had I not dropped down that glass that tore his face all to pieces would have hit me instead. My mom didn't react well and told me not to ever say anything about that to anyone else ever!

I had a lot of trouble when I was a little kid. They actually thought that maybe I just wasn't very smart. I had trouble at school and barely passed the first grade. At the beginning of the second grade they sent everyone to the nurse and we did an eye test. There was a chart on the wall with Es pointing in different directions with a really big E on top with the Es getting smaller as you went down the chart. I couldn't see the chart. Not even the biggest one on top. I was basically blind with 20/300 vision. I got GLASSES! OMG!!!! I had never seen a bird flying. I found out why everyone else could always remember how all the letters were shaped. The alphabet was on the wall up near the ceiling and best of all the teacher wrote on the chalkboard the things that she was saying so I didn't have to rely totally on memory. That year was life-changing.

A child tends to accept whatever he has to deal with as normal. I was blind and didn't know what that even meant. there was an entire world of things that I had heard people talk about that I had never actually seen. On the other end of things, I was sensing things and "remembering" things that nobody else understood or mostly believed in. I didn't have anyone to talk to until I was almost 18. Those were rough years until I found someone to help me put things in order.

The pendulum is swinging back now and more people are accepting things that had been accepted by people in the past and then denied for a couple of generations. Maybe someday people of science will try to ask questions and then search out answers instead of starting with answers and then trying to force prove that one openion.
The only thing I can add to that is spot on, well said, and I'm really glad the little boy got to see the world as others do. And I totally get the part about assuming others are able to perceive things as you did and thinking it was the norm. I had the same experience except I had a father who explained it to me with love and understanding at the age of about 6. It helps when a family member also has gifts.