Paranormal Friends

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
IT CAN BE DIFFICULT TO SERIOUSLY TALK TO OTHERS ABOUT THE PARANORMAL. EXCLUDING THIS FORUM, DO YOU HAVE OTHERS WITH WHOM YOU CAN COMFORTABLY DISCUSS IT? HOW ABOUT FAMILY MEMBERS OR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS? DO THEY SHARE YOUR INTEREST OR RAISE AN EYEBROW? :ghost:

I have always had difficulty talking to others about these matters! I come from a large family with varying abilities, and now that we are all grown up and scattered around the country, it is a lonely road. My husband was skeptical as heck when we met, but he now has become both amazed and supportive. I am also blessed to have a counselor who is both familiar with and supportive of my gifts. She has even encouraged me to strenghten them. Due to her encouragement, I was able to "buy" a few more months of life for my beloved fur baby. And yet there is always a deep fear of being persecuted or exploited by others. Sigh.

I talk freely about it with my immediate family and even many of the extended family. Within the Muslim community (and in some cases even beyond) here I am seen as sort of a go to guy for this kind of thing. So a number of people who are interested in this type of thing do approach me to talk about it.

Anyhow I rarely initiate the topic with anyone. I guess the only person I can consistently do that with would be my wife. Apart from that I did use to maintain a blog where I discussed this stuff with other enthusiasts.

Anyhow I rarely initiate the topic with anyone. I guess the only person I can consistently do that with would be my wife. Apart from that I did use to maintain a blog where I discussed this stuff with other enthusiasts.
We're glad to have you here to talk with us!

My family is so used to this stuff now it's pretty much common talk within the crew here. Now, outside of that, I'm careful who I share with. I always wait to see if I'm led to speak on it or not. I was raised to not talk about it because it was not "proper" back in the days of my youth. It does seem to be very mainstream now, but eyebrows can still lift with some of the older generation. However, they always seem to know how to contact me when they have a problem with things that go bump in the night.

We're glad to have you here to talk with us!

My family is so used to this stuff now it's pretty much common talk within the crew here. Now, outside of that, I'm careful who I share with. I always wait to see if I'm led to speak on it or not. I was raised to not talk about it because it was not "proper" back in the days of my youth. It does seem to be very mainstream now, but eyebrows can still lift with some of the older generation. However, they always seem to know how to contact me when they have a problem with things that go bump in the night.

I’m glad to have you guys to discuss with as well. I had looked up a couple of different paranormal forums prior to finding this one and have got really comfortable here.

In my case a good number of people would be scared to talk about this stuff. Otherwise I leave it to people to approach me if they have anything to ask about it.

In my wife’s case she is the one person I can consult. She had been active with me in addressing cases prior to becoming a mom. Otherwise even with people who are believers, the only time I can discuss anything with them is if I happen to be with them pretty much alone, since most people tend to have confidential details around experiences and so on.

I haven't hidden my interest and involvement in the paranormal and I've always been open. Fiends and family still give me that strange look if I bring up the subject but occasionally I come across interested strangers willing to discuss the paranormal.

I met my best friend on an occult forum, so we talk about anything and everything completely freely. My husband's not sure where he stands on things, but he listens when I choose to talk. He's supportive and really thinks about what I say.

I had a personal confidante - male - for several years. Those were the deepest and the broadest discussions. He’d had independent encounters with me which he shared with me so he knew I was the real deal.

I’ve shared most but not all of my experiences with my GF. She accepts me but doesn’t really like any labels and actually rejects any labels which I choose for myself. I think her own [edit to replace word “desires”] fears of the paranormal actually act to dampen my abilities when in her presence.

I have never opened up to family or those who are my longest friends. I did open up to my best friend who was also my roommate for several years. His position was, “You know that I don’t believe in any of these things. However, if I did, I would certainly expect them to happen to you.”

So in my present life, the PNF is the only real outlet I have for exhaustive, open discussion on the paranormal.

Last edited:
I haven't hidden my interest and involvement in the paranormal and I've always been open. Fiends and family still give me that strange look if I bring up the subject but occasionally I come across interested strangers willing to discuss the paranormal.
We are very similar Tony. I am open about everything. Take me as I am or move on lol. I don’t have any paranormal gifts but I certainly enjoy the discussions.