OUR INTENTIONS

Just returned from 4 days in hospital. Had to call 911 on Saturday night....couldn't breathe. I am back home. Feeling somewhat better. Being sick sucks!

Reactions: Paintman
First ambulance ride in my life and I am sad to say the medics were not very nice. Kind of broke my heart. 20 years ago I hired several Phoenix FF to teach courses for me at the National Safety Council. I have been on many ride-a-longs over the years. Guess I had hoped my own personal experience would have been better. I have had a bronchial infection since 3/15/16. Was only advised to treat it with my regular nebulizer . Strangely never ran a fever or showed signs of infections, some sort of weird inflammatory syndrome where my body doesn't respond to infection to fight it off. Hopefully on mend and will improve overall with new meds. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

There's a highly intelligent man in a homeless shelter right now, that I believe has schizophrenia and possibly autism. I know he's not getting the medical treatment he needs. People that live in the shelter are frightened of him, and verbally abusive to him. They do not understand his incoherent ramblings, but if you ask him to play the piano, he plays like a genius, and I think he is a genius. I pray for his wellbeing.

I think you are absolutely right. I just couldn't remember the term savant. When I sit down and asked him about him going to college, he just lit up and told me about all these songs he wrote, how 7 were copy written, and he wrote a childrens play. He has so much to share if people will ask the right questions. Thanks for the prayers.

Lead by example. Don't try to change others reactions to him. Allow others to see your interactions and be responsible only for you friendship with him. Others will learn by what you do, not what you try to tell them.
That's what I did at dinner. I sat next to him and asked him about his schooling. I learned quickly that trying to verbally educate other people there wont work. But what really matters to me is that I feel good that I can make a connection with him, and I will always treat him with respect. I even asked him if I could ask him personal questions and him not be offended. We talked for awhile together about different things. It was a good conversation for us, and at the end I was like no one else cares... but it doesn't matter become him and I care. It matters to me, I am glad that I know if he is having a rough time I know how to, and what to talk to him about, to help him forget what rumbles in his head, and gets him upset. Hes never been disrespectful to me or even had an out of place conversation. We both just treat each other how we'd like to be treated... I quickly judged him at first, but yeah there's too much of that going on...