Obsessions

I did that for about a week. But i missed the gym.
That's the one place i can go where i can clear my head.
For me it's kind of like church.

Healthy people. I will never understand. :p I can handle a walk. Maybe.
I understand void's comment. I try to get to the gym everyday, not for hours like void. I do a light workout, mostly a stationary bicycle. It has handholds where you can monitor your heart rate. I adjust the tension on the bike to keep the heart beats safe for my age. Anyway, sometimes when I am on the bicycle listening to some tunes, I just meditate or clear my head and I am totally relaxed. Sounds strange, right. Exercise and relax at the same time.

OK, I'll go first. Besides my sudden obsession with a candy bar at one point, I've had one other obsession in my wild youth. There was this guy....(isn't there always?) that I felt was "the one." I was absolutely obsessed with him. What came from that was two years of wasted time that took me far off my path! Looking back, I don't know what I was thinking! But there for awhile, it was ALL I thought about!

I always wonder why the things we get obsessed with turn out to be some of the worst things in the world for us.
I feel you...I'm contemplating sharing a similar experience. But, i have to think about it. its an open wound still in my heart...wish me luck...
6401_587297607963672_1724484986_n.jpg

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
You're safe here, dharma. If you wish to share, we are with you all the way! If not, we pray for your open wound to heal!

Reactions: 7Critter
I don't really obsess, but when I start doing something I tend to be single-minded about it until it's finished. My wife was out shopping one Saturday while I was working in the yard; I left my phone inside so I wouldn't be bothered with calls or texts. Next thing I know, there is a cop walking across the yard toward me. Wellness check. Lesson learned... never avoid communications from the wife! :D

I don't really obsess, but when I start doing something I tend to be single-minded about it until it's finished. My wife was out shopping one Saturday while I was working in the yard; I left my phone inside so I wouldn't be bothered with calls or texts. Next thing I know, there is a cop walking across the yard toward me. Wellness check. Lesson learned... never avoid communications from the wife! :D
Wha ? How long were you doing the yard ? days ?

Reactions: surge and Debi
I guess now you know she's not kidding!

Reactions: surge
Wha ? How long were you doing the yard ? days ?
I started early morning, finished sometime after noon. Mowing, edging, hedge trimming, fresh mulch, AND a retaining wall repair. She only called the wellness check out of pique, but these days when I'm working outside I keep my phone in my pocket. :)

Reactions: 7Critter