Obsessions

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Have you ever had an Obsession? Something (or someone) that you thought you just HAD to have? Something that wouldn't leave your mind or that swept you off onto another path? Did you finally get what you sought?

What makes someone become obsessed with someone or something?

OK, I'll go first. Besides my sudden obsession with a candy bar at one point, I've had one other obsession in my wild youth. There was this guy....(isn't there always?) that I felt was "the one." I was absolutely obsessed with him. What came from that was two years of wasted time that took me far off my path! Looking back, I don't know what I was thinking! But there for awhile, it was ALL I thought about!

I always wonder why the things we get obsessed with turn out to be some of the worst things in the world for us.

I have some serious OCD. I get obsessed a lot, over many different things. Can't just do something a little if you like it, you have to do it so much that it consumes your whole life and takes all of your time until you are smothered by it and come to hate it. Phew, glad to get that off my chest. I will find something that takes my attention away from everything around me and it will last a good three days until I 'come back to normal'. It's rather disturbing at times, because you know it's happening but can't stop. Just an example. I wanted a purse. Dragged my friend around town for one whole day looking at every single store I could think of. Couldn't find one. Went home, got on the internet. And stayed there for three days looking and shopping and price comparing. Over a stupid PURSE!! Work gets shoved aside, pizza gets delivered in cuz I'm on a mission.

As for your story Debi, about the man. I had one too. I think everyone at some point has that 'one'. And yes, turned out to be the biggest waste of time, energy, and everything else in between. Biggest regret of my life, that one man. Glad I can look back now and see it and try not to beat myself up too much over it. That was it though, just the one, I've saved the rest of my obsessions for finding items, cats, playing games, you name it. They just pop up out of nowhere.

Good therapy session. I can cancel with my shrink for next week. ;)

Have you ever had an Obsession? Something (or someone) that you thought you just HAD to have? Something that wouldn't leave your mind or that swept you off onto another path? Did you finally get what you sought?
Not yet, but I am saving for "the clock" . . . :tonguewink:

526557_469864709728320_1570910283_n.jpg

Reactions: 7Critter and Mokey