New and would love answers.

Jen K

Reaction score
It’s a long one...
We moved from NM to Northern VA 8 years ago. I was so happy to be back on the east coast and excited to move into our new home. House was built in 2002. Large colonial. We were very close to manassas battlefield. Immediately after moving in, I started seeing things. Hearing things. Nothing that caused me to feel threatened. So I blew it off.
One day, my 5 year old was playing in the basement with 2 other kids. The mom and I were upstairs talking. My infant twins were napping. All of the sudden they are screaming bloody murder. My 5 yr old is telling me he saw a black face with red eyes. Showed me where it was. He was literally shaking. I calmed him down and the other kids left. He drew me a picture of it.
As Years passed...he would tell me his bed would shake at night. Told me something was bothering him and wouldn’t let him sleep. He would never go into the basement alone. The basement was always freezing despite it being finished and plenty of duct work.
Then my girl twin is now older and she starts having horrible nightmares. She would come into the hallway at night screaming bloody murder. Almost in a daze. I’m still seeing and hearing things. Bad stuff is now happening to my family. Poor health. My son got deathly ill. In and out of the hospital. Etc I would be woken at night to someone screaming my name in my ear. Hearing walking downstairs when no one was there.
We decide we need to move. Maybe a fresh start would do us all good. We list the house and hope it will let us go. (Crazy as it sounds).
One night in late November 2017, we are putting the kids to bed like we always do. My boy twin looks at me and my husband and says he need more nightlights in his room. I tell him he already has 3 and that’s enough. Why would he need more? He proceeds to tell me a black face with red eyes is bothering him at night. Floats around his room and even shakes his bed. I almost passed out. No way he knew the story from my oldest. He was a baby and we NEVER talked about it.
The next week. We got a contract and we moved out in December. I can’t even drive into that neighborhood without a feeling of dread.
Fast forward. My old neighbor contacted me. She lived on the same street and moved years prior to us. She asked me if I ever had anything weird happen to us there. I told her yes. And she proceeded to tell me her story. Her daughter usd to talk about her “friend”. She named him PAX. He had a black face and red eyes.
I literally dropped the phone. Nooooooo way did she know what happened to us because I never told anyone.
Now. Please tell me what we were dealing with. Even talking about it makes me sick to my stomach. I was always afraid to talk about it because I didn’t want to welcome it back into our lives. I have never experienced anything like that before. Something is evil there.

Reactions: PratchysRevenge
Hi Jen! Just saw you here. I'll need to read a bit. But welcome to the forum!

From a quick read, I'd say you had a negative entity there. And since the neighbors also experienced it, it most likely is attached to the land and not the house. I can't tell you it's demonic, though it could have been, but it was at least a negative entity of some type.

Now, just to be safe, since you have moved, I would suggest you have your new house blessed. I don't know your religious preference, but whatever it may be I'd suggest have a clergy member come by and do the blessing. If it's attached to the land, it most likely will stay there and not follow. However, once touched, you could possibly be a "target" in the future for other spirit/entities.

We also highly recomend the use of the St Michael's prayer here for pretty much all denominations. Just having a copy in your home wouldn't hurt. If anything starts up again, other measures can be taken, but it is my hope for you that the move away has done the job of detaching it from you!

st_michael_archangel_guidoreni-wallpaper_big21 (Small).jpg

Thank you so much for that! It’s hard to talk about. I believe there were a few things going on there. Apparently other neighbors have had things happen too. I agree. Think it is attached to the land. Very historic area. Plus a lot of old Indian land. So why knows.
We moved 2 miles up the road. Knock on wood but total peace here. Been a year next week. My daughter hasn’t had a single night terror since leaving that house. It was a weekly occurance in the old house

Any significance to a black face with red eyes? That’s 3 reports of it.

We are on historical land here too. Numerous cemeteries in the neighborhood. But zero issues. Getting it blessed is a wonderful idea though!

Many of us here would make the assumption it’s the shadow people. Could be. But it helps to get an understanding of the big picture before we’re sure.

Who are the Shadow people?

Many of us here would make the assumption it’s the shadow people. Could be. But it helps to get an understanding of the big picture before we’re sure.

Who are the Shadow people?
Thank you! Video isn’t working

No idea what it was. The pic my son drew was alarming. He kept repeating it’s mean it’s mean!”
Are shadow people bad? Because whatever this was didn’t bring good.
My neighbor (who’s daughter named it PAX).. her husband died in the front yard.

They are known to scare and threaten people. I don’t know if they’ve ever been associated with deaths or not.

They are known to scare and threaten people. I don’t know if they’ve ever been associated with deaths or not.
I have no idea If it caused the death but lots of bad happening.

Telling you. I feel like someone is sitting in chest when I have to go back in there.

I found another video on shadow people. Seems to fit was I used to see maybe? Movement in the corner of my eye. Someone watching me from behind.
But it also used to sit on the bed and wake me up. As I could feel the mattress dip. And something used to scream a whisper in my ear. My name.
But I always got the sense it was a man. Farmer vibe. Never got the feel whatever I saw was bad. It was just there.

But whatever was messing with my kids was.
There was a feeling of dread in that house. I can’t explain it.

I know the general area that Jen speaks of. Two civil war battles were fought there.
You are correct. Extreme amount of history here. Just outside DC. Also a lot of tragedy.