Monday 7 September 2015 with David Paulides

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
MGLTH3-Banner.jpg

David-Paulides.jpg

Dave Paulides

Dave Paulides received his undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of San Francisco, and, has a professional background that includes twenty years in law enforcement and senior executive positions in the technology sector. In 2010 a ranger at a national park informed him of a series of unusual disappearances that occurred and this started an investigation into people that vanished in national parks and forests. The result was David writing four books: Missing 411- Western United States, Missing 411- Eastern United States, Missing 411- North America and Beyond, and Missing 411- The Devil’s in the Detail. David has been on dozens of national and international radio and television shows.

Dave's website: www.canammissing.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
Weird...just listened last night to him.
missing 411
Canadian American missing people..
what is up with the missing shoe / shoes ???

Reactions: DoTell and Debi
This is an interesting guest for sure! Looks like we have a live show so I'll see you all here tonight! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: DoTell
If anyone has questions for the guest, I will edit in and add them here.

Q 1. What is your theory on who or what is involved in the disappearances? Is it human/animal/ or other?
Q 2. Is there something special about national parks and forests, that people go missing ? Is it just the remoteness ?
Q 3. What is the most important bit of advice you can give us hikers on how to avoid being the subject of your next book?
Q 4. The books seems to angle towards investigation of facts but not detective work? i.e., putting the facts together to create a credible story of what happened? is this to create a market for your books because this sells?
Q 5. Why is it that none of the missing carried a smartphone with GPS? which is ubiquitous today.

Q 6. Why doesn't the book include people who have actually been found? and how they were found to help those who go into the wild? rather than creating fear?
Q 7. Does it seem more likely that these disappearances are the result of a human predator ,rather than a cryptid, or cougar ,or a brown bear,simply because there is usually no evidence left behind. Animals don't usually consume all of the clothing and such.However humans can bury it all
Q 8. Could some of the missing have just walked though the wrong place at the wrong time, such as a marijuana growers hidden plantation in a National Park ?
Q 9. Do you believe the official story of what happened to Mr. Chris McCandless? More broadly, do you believe that most investigations of disappearances yield satisfying results?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7Critter
From Art's FB page:

I would love a good Mel Waters update too. Who cares if it is true or not, those shows were AWESOME.

Art BellIf we can find Mel we will, I hope he is alive

Art, I know you don't want to give away guest lineup for certain reasons but is there a possibility you could say who is going to be on the next night's program?

Art BellWe may change the policy if they leave us alone, we would LOVE to post a Week of shows

Reactions: amused1
From Art's FB page:

I would love a good Mel Waters update too. Who cares if it is true or not, those shows were AWESOME.

Art BellIf we can find Mel we will, I hope he is alive

Art, I know you don't want to give away guest lineup for certain reasons but is there a possibility you could say who is going to be on the next night's program?

Art BellWe may change the policy if they leave us alone, we would LOVE to post a Week of shows
I found Mel entertaining .I didn't really put much faith in the science that he was using to measure the depth of the hole talked about in the interview ,but i'm sure it was very deep.

Reactions: DoTell and Debi
Always engrossing to hear. Tall tales wel told create their own reality and it does not matter how much external truth they contain. Madman Marcom and Mel (always the 'M', are two such people. JC was another. I put FEG in the same barrel.
GIS and the splashing water is in a slightly different barrel as is the night Art glued his lip to the ashtray.

If anyone has questions for the guest, I will edit in and add them here.
If David is the guest -One of the topics David has been discussing lately is the disappearance of people in our national parks .My question would be : Does it seem more likely that these disappearances are the result of a human predator ,rather than a cryptid, or cougar ,or a brown bear,simply because there is usually no evidence left behind. Animals don't usually consume all of the clothing and such.However humans can bury it all .