Mirrors in dreams: Have you ever tried to look at yourself in them?

Noir, I was driving along a country road once, and rounded a corner only to come face to face with at least 50 hot air balloons hanging in the air, that had just taken off for some kind of event or other. It was horrifying to me and I had to pull over to regain my composure!

I also have a phobia of wind turbines, electricity pylons and aeroplanes in unexpected places...and spiders and heights and clusters of things... The list goes on - it's a wonder I'm not a quivering wreck! :laughing:

Oh my...that amount of hot air balloons could kill me, literally! If there is a Hell afterlife and for some reason I will be stuck there, then I'm sure that those balloons will give me a constant heart atack there. Dreams about them terrify me, I'm glad that I have those lucid dream flashes, so sometimes I can avoid those flying monsters :grin: I'm only afraid of the spiders with the long thin leggs...sneaky besties that like to show up in the least expected places.

I wonder if there are any mysterious reasons behind all the phobias, that people have. Maybe previous life?

Thanks for that analysis, Lynne. It does seem to make quite a bit of sense when you look at it like that. The only weird thing is that I would only have been about 5 or 6 years old when I dreamed it. It seems like a very mature dream to have if it's a metaphor for all that.

Dad is still with us too, so not sure if the living can project such things into dreams...? I suppose anything's possible! :D
It may have just been a dream then, however it may be that our spirits are ageless.

Oh my...that amount of hot air balloons could kill me, literally! If there is a Hell afterlife and for some reason I will be stuck there, then I'm sure that those balloons will give me a constant heart atack there. Dreams about them terrify me, I'm glad that I have those lucid dream flashes, so sometimes I can avoid those flying monsters :grin: I'm only afraid of the spiders with the long thin leggs...sneaky besties that like to show up in the least expected places.

I wonder if there are any mysterious reasons behind all the phobias, that people have. Maybe previous life?
Welcome Noir.

I get very agitated when I hear car doors repeatedly slamming. I have never been able to figure out why that should bother me. We used to live across from a small park and people were always having birthday parties and such. When they started arriving and slamming the car doors, I would nearly meltdown. I had to wear earplugs until they left.

That is what they say. At least the non-dream interpreters anyway. I never had the balloon phobia. Every so often i would have the giant monsters roaming the areas destroying everything lol. Of course in my case, i would be a bystander, waiting/watching for this thing to come around a bunch of trees/buildings etc...and sure enough, this thing would spot me and come crashing towards me LOL. And as always my response is...oh wth lol...Are you kidding me?! lol. More comical than terrifying.

Reactions: garnetsilver